Duff - It's So Easy Documentary Now on Netflix

8 minutes ago, Homefuck said:

From what I've seen (trailers) it seems like a bad copy of the cartoony Cobain-flick that came out like two years ago. Is that the case?

Parts of it, yeah. But then other parts are like what cartoon? It really has no focus and jumps all over the place making "sections" from really out of place 30 second anecdotes from interviewees. It's bizarre really. Totally amateurish. I don't think there's any way to properly describe it to someone who hasn't seen it haha it's really bad.

Give it a watch though, if only to get what people mean because going in to it I thought I loved the book, love Duff, and love GNR, how bad could it possibly be?

4 minutes ago, cremefraiche said:

Parts of it, yeah. But then other parts are like what cartoon? It really has no focus and jumps all over the place making "sections" from really out of place 30 second anecdotes from interviewees. It's bizarre really. Totally amateurish. I don't think there's any way to properly describe it to someone who hasn't seen it haha it's really bad.

Give it a watch though, if only to get what people mean because going in to it I thought I loved the book, love Duff, and love GNR, how bad could it possibly be?

Yeah, thanks man, I'll probably give it a go!

Edited by Homefuck

The movie is not that bad.  Not as good as the book, but it's not atrocious either.  I actually enjoyed it, and it's worth watching even for the acoustic soundtrack and the video snippets of Duff's family and friends.  If you're a Duff fan, it's worth watching in my opinion.  But I recommend reading the book first.

I'm wondering if the soundtrack is available anywhere.  It would be kind of nice to hear some of the acoustic versions of various GNR, VR, songs.  

• Like 1

On 11/25/2016 at 4:49 PM, Nobody said:

Hey everyone,

Don't know if it's been discussed yet but I just stumbled upon the Duff documentary on Netflix. I didn't even know it was released yet. Just started watching now. Figured I'd pass along the news for those who didn't know. :duff:

cool! gonna check it out :headbang:

On 12/6/2016 at 2:19 PM, passenger57 said:

Fav part was when he talked about the first moment he heard Axl sing. Did anyone find it strange that there were no pics of Axl on the movie? Wonder if he didn't allow them.

That was my guess during the parts I sat through. 

• 5 months later...
1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

have you watched Slash Raised on The Sunset Strip? thats even better:slash:

Yup, I actually bought that one.  I actually think I liked this one better just because it was done a little different than your average documentary with the live band and everything. Maybe I'll have to watch that again while this one is still fresh in my mind.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

Yup, I actually bought that one.  I actually think I liked this one better just because it was done a little different than your average documentary with the live band and everything. Maybe I'll have to watch that again while this one is still fresh in my mind.

I bought Duffs one but i can't get the Slash one in England [why the fuck not??] but i watched it thanks to @Gibbo who is now a superhero in eyes :P. I want my own hard copy on bluray though. 

• Like 2