Duff - It's So Easy Documentary Now on Netflix

For those that are interested , it's pretty much a live performance piece of Duff reading excerpts from the book with backing from a live band. It's interspersed with little animation portions, interviews  with family, Duff, Slash and Matt and some live/family footage. Not much GNR footage at all but an interesting performance. For those that haven't read the book it presents a pretty good "live" adaption/ visual representation of the book.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Hey everyone,

Don't know if it's been discussed yet but I just stumbled upon the Duff documentary on Netflix. I didn't even know it was released yet. Just started watching now. Figured I'd pass along the news for those who didn't know. :duff:

Sa-weet!!! I am presently without Netflix...How is it? 

7 minutes ago, Nobody said:

For those that are interested , it's pretty much a live performance piece of Duff reading excerpts from the book with backing from a live band. It's interspersed with little animation portions, interviews  with family, Duff, Slash and Matt and some live/family footage. Not much GNR footage at all but an interesting performance. For those that haven't read the book it presents a pretty good "live" adaption/ visual representation of the book.

Cool. Gonna check it out sometime soon. 

I found it to be much better than I was expecting. Not that me saying that means a whole lot. I expected to cringe all the way through. I am not a fan of the dramatic reading at all and I was under the mistaken impression that it would be mostly dramatic reading. There was more dramatic reading than I would have liked, but not nearly what I feared.

If you are looking to learn something new, then you will be disappointed. It is pretty much Duff's book with animation and a few interviews from others to corroborate what he said. 

I didn't feel that I wasted my time watching it.

14 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

Wasn't that Izzy's first attempt at joining a band in LA? Probably before the heroin problem. So likely just Izzy.

Probably, i just assumed Izzy developed a heroin problem within minutes of arriving there. Cross dressing smackhead drummer would be an interesting addition to his repertoire though alongside his other talents as a dealer, pimp, skateboarder, guitarist and songwriter.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

Probably, i just assumed Izzy developed a heroin problem within minutes of arriving there. Cross dressing smackhead drummer would be an interesting addition to his repertoire though alongside his other talents as a dealer, pimp, skateboarder, guitarist and songwriter.

If I remember right he said he didn't realize that their stage image was cross dressing until the first (and last) show. But hey, he still gets to keep being the drummer for a (very flamboyantly!) cross dressing band on his resume! 

Edited by sanity_lost

I was at Duff's book reading gig in Cleveland the night before the Hall of Fame. It was a really cool event to be in person. Very intimate with some cool GNR jams. Gilby and Matt even showed up.

However, I didn't really like this documentary. It was all over the place and didn't hold my attention. If I didn't already know the GNR story, this would have done nothing to draw me in. Oh well, no biggie. Duff is the man, even if I didn't like his movie!