TRUMP Thread

Silent Jay

Hilary and Bill are attending.  I would put that as all other points being invalid lol, if they can accept it...  However I do find it odd, she doesnt have to be there by any means and I can presume she may be pissing her own people off

PS I am watching it, not cause I like DT but because this is history regardless of political lines

• Like 2

Look at that scowl on Michelle's face. She had that in every piece of footage I saw today. She is clearly pissed off and uncomfortable. Though I guess it's understandable that the person who "had no chance of winning" was movin' on in. Wonder when her second time being proud to be an American will be?

On 1/19/2017 at 4:28 PM, downzy said:

Yeah, because conservatives were totally accepting of Obama's victories in 2008 and 2012....

yeah and liberals told conservatives to get over it.

so whats the plan? be stuck in a vicious cycle of whining from whatever side that loses while excusing it by saying "but but you cried when you lost" ? LOL

Edited by -W.A.R-

29 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

yeah and liberals told conservatives to get over it.

so whats the plan? be stuck in a vicious cycle of whining from whatever side that loses while excusing it by saying "but but you cried when you lost" ? LOL

I never had a problem with Republicans and conservatives protesting policy differences.  

Issue is whether the losing party accepts the loss and provides some form of accommodation for the winning party to pass their agenda.  I do think it's incumbent upon the Democrats to be a little more amenable to Trump and the GOP's platform (even if I wholly disagree with it) and not impose a stubborn obstructionist stance akin to what Obama received by the GOP during his presidency.  

In my city today there is a march against "hate" (Trump). While I feel that Donald Trump has few virtues- The placards saying "not my president" are true- since Britain is governed by a Prime Minister and Parliament. 

There are a million ways of exercising "love trumping hate" and walking around town together is the last one I'd do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gracii Guns said:

There are a million ways of exercising "love trumping hate" and walking around town together is the last one I'd do. 

Which would be the 1st then? I went to the March in Manchester today and it was pretty awesome. :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

hee hee! I recognize that look of Hillary's..we've all given the "prolonged stare" to our men at one point or another..and the "uh-huh" she is silently saying when she turns back :lol: ..not sure who exactly he was looking at, but it was definitely another woman!!

That's always tripped me out about the Trump/Clinton thing. We talk terrible about Trump for talking about women, talking about p***y. But shit, Bill didn't just talk, Bill got head while he was president in the White House. From a young intern. His jizz on her dress was on the nightly news, he was getting bj's in the oval office and it wasn't even a secret. Yet Hillary stood beside her man. But Trump talked about it and well, he's a dirty human being.

And I'm not defending Trump, he's a punk, but how you gonna talk shit about that man when your hubby was getting his pimp on as president

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 2

On 1/4/2017 at 2:36 PM, Graeme said:

74484231.jpg

true! :D

27 minutes ago, J Dog said:

That's always tripped me out about the Trump/Clinton thing. We talk terrible about Trump for talking about women, talking about p***y. But shit, Bill didn't just talk, Bill got head while he was president in the White House. From a young intern. His jizz on her dress was on the nightly news, he was getting bj's in the oval office and it wasn't even a secret. Yet Hillary stood beside her man. But Trump talked about it and well, he's a dirty human being.

And I'm not defending Trump, he's a punk, but how you gonna talk shit about that man when your hubby was getting his pimp on as president

:facepalm: this is so true

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

Trump admits to doing so without consent, that's the issue. There is definitely a discussion to be had about the power structures in the Bill/Monica situation, especially since she was so young but I do wish people would stop bringing up his indiscretions to deflect from Trump. Plus, Bill was impeached based on the charges stemming from that affair as far as I can recall.

Cheating is morally reprehensible, engaging in sexual acts without consent is a crime.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, toroymoi said:

Trump admits to doing so without consent, that's the issue. There is definitely a discussion to be had about the power structures in the Bill/Monica situation, especially since she was so young but I do wish people would stop bringing up his indiscretions to deflect from Trump. Plus, Bill was impeached based on the charges stemming from that affair as far as I can recall.

Cheating is morally reprehensible, engaging in sexual acts without consent is a crime.

Honestly, I think your last sentence is a bit of a stretch. That audio clearly shows him acting like an asshole, but it's all just blustery male macho "locker room" talk. This is just how some men talk when they get together..it's disgusting, but that's just the way it is. Have you never listened in on a conversation after they've had a few drinks and don't know a woman is around? I for one wasn't screaming in outrage when this came out, nor am I the only woman to think this way..(well perhaps on this forum) and he clearly states he "tried" and "failed" with the married woman..if he engaged in sexual acts without consent I would assume he would never "fail".  The "grab em by the ...." was not something he said he had actually done, it was all macho male hyperbole. I'm not saying he's not an ass, but I am saying sometimes we put too much focus on trivial things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toroymoi said:

I didn't realize Trump was convicted of a sexual crime. And I wasn't trying to detract from anyone, I called him a punk :lol: Trump is a sleazy, dirty, slimeball and he deserves every bit of criticism he gets.

I'm just talking about how it's highly hypocritical, sketchy, not cool, to make out like Trump is the worst sexual deviant in the world for saying stuff, but at the same time forgetting about the main chick's hubby, who didn't just say stuff but acted on it. He was in the freaking White House while married as President of the United States of America and getting blowjobs from a young employee. And made his wife look like a chump in front of the whole nation, and the world really. That shit was like a reality show. A joke.

I hate to say this, I swear I'm not trying to talk shit to you or anything, but sometimes it's better to step back and look at things with pure common sense, as opposed to viewing everything with a political, taking sides agenda. That's what I do, I don't mind calling out any of them on their bullshit.

• Like 1