TRUMP Thread

Silent Jay

14 minutes ago, J Dog said:

I didn't realize Trump was convicted of a sexual crime. And I wasn't trying to detract from anyone, I called him a punk :lol: Trump is a sleazy, dirty, slimeball and he deserves every bit of criticism he gets.

I'm just talking about how it's highly hypocritical, sketchy, not cool, to make out like Trump is the worst sexual deviant in the world for saying stuff, but at the same time forgetting about the main chick's hubby, who didn't just say stuff but acted on it. He was in the freaking White House while married as President of the United States of America and getting blowjobs from a young employee. And made his wife look like a chump in front of the whole nation, and the world really. That shit was like a reality show. A joke.

I hate to say this, I swear I'm not trying to talk shit to you or anything, but sometimes it's better to step back and look at things with pure common sense, as opposed to viewing everything with a political, taking sides agenda. That's what I do, I don't mind calling out any of them on their bullshit.

He's been accused by 13 women of sexual assault.  We've had this discussion in the politics thread, but no accusation of Clinton in regards to sexual assault were known to American voters prior to Bill winning in 1992.  In 2016, we had not only 13 women come forward with accusations, but the candidate himself confess on tape that he acts without consent.  For those who voted for Trump, such behaviour wasn't disqualifying to become President.  It's kind of a fucked up world where Billy Bush gets fired for tacitly supporting and encouraging Trump's but Trump himself gets hired for President.  

I do agree that Bill should have stepped down, but to prescribe guilt to his wife for Bill's action is nonsense.  

1 hour ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Honestly, I think your last sentence is a bit of a stretch. That audio clearly shows him acting like an asshole, but it's all just blustery male macho "locker room" talk. This is just how some men talk when they get together..it's disgusting, but that's just the way it is. Have you never listened in on a conversation after they've had a few drinks and don't know a woman is around? I for one wasn't screaming in outrage when this came out, nor am I the only woman to think this way..(well perhaps on this forum) and he clearly states he "tried" and "failed" with the married woman..if he engaged in sexual acts without consent I would assume he would never "fail".  The "grab em by the ...." was not something he said he had actually done, it was all macho male hyperbole. I'm not saying he's not an ass, but I am saying sometimes we put too much focus on trivial things.

You might want to raise your standards with respect to the men you associate with.  I played a lot of organized sports in high school and some in my 20s and I never once heard any man brag about forcing himself onto women.  I don't have any friends who have ever made similar contest.  I have heard men brag about women they slept with or reveal who they'd like to have sex with, but never have I heard anyone advertise to myself or other friends how they would or have forced themselves on women.  

And don't you think the claim that it's all just "locker room talk" loses some credibility when several women came out soon afterward and detail interactions with Trump that mirrors his own words?  Unless you think they were all lying.  

28 minutes ago, downzy said:

He's been accused by 13 women of sexual assault.  We've had this discussion in the politics thread, but no accusation of Clinton in regards to sexual assault were known to American voters prior to Bill winning in 1992.  In 2016, we had not only 13 women come forward with accusations, but the candidate himself confess on tape that he acts without consent.  For those who voted for Trump, such behaviour wasn't disqualifying to become President.  It's kind of a fucked up world where Billy Bush gets fired for tacitly supporting and encouraging Trump's but Trump himself gets hired for President.  

I do agree that Bill should have stepped down, but to prescribe guilt to his wife for Bill's action is nonsense.  

Still hasn't been convicted of anything. Far as I know he's just running his dumb mouth. 13 accusations with no court or lawsuit or arrest or anything. And all these accusations just happened to pop up just a few months before the election. But that wasn't even my point. I'm not defending the guy. He's dirty and sleazy and is a punk. I've said that like three times already.

Not prescribing Bill's guilt to his wife either. Just calling out the hypocrisy of the situation. Hillary, and us, well many people in general not really me or you personally, blasted Trump like he was a super sexual predator, scum of the earth. And he is scum. But to do that with Bill nodding in approval, clapping hands, that's is shady as hell to me. The guy turned the POTUS and the White House into a running dress/blowjob/sperm joke.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, downzy said:

Maybe the voters believed the women who came forward and said that Hillary bullied them and made threats against them when they accused Bill of inappropriate action. If a woman comes forward and says that she was raped/sexually assaulted and a presidential candidate makes threatening remarks against those victims, I can see how some voters might find that distasteful, especially given Hillary's insistence that "all victims of sexual abuse should be believed and treated with respect", or whatever her exact speech was.

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

I didn't realize Trump was convicted of a sexual crime. And I wasn't trying to detract from anyone, I called him a punk :lol: Trump is a sleazy, dirty, slimeball and he deserves every bit of criticism he gets.

I'm just talking about how it's highly hypocritical, sketchy, not cool, to make out like Trump is the worst sexual deviant in the world for saying stuff, but at the same time forgetting about the main chick's hubby, who didn't just say stuff but acted on it. He was in the freaking White House while married as President of the United States of America and getting blowjobs from a young employee. And made his wife look like a chump in front of the whole nation, and the world really. That shit was like a reality show. A joke.

I hate to say this, I swear I'm not trying to talk shit to you or anything, but sometimes it's better to step back and look at things with pure common sense, as opposed to viewing everything with a political, taking sides agenda. That's what I do, I don't mind calling out any of them on their bullshit.

The long and short of it is all these richy motherfuckers are full of shit and out for themselves, its just a matter of which scumbags line of bullshit best benefits our own bank balances and hypocrisies, fuck em all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

The long and short of it is all these richy motherfuckers are full of shit and out for themselves, its just a matter of which scumbags line of bullshit best benefits our own bank balances and hypocrisies, fuck em all.

See, you get what the fuck I'm saying.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Still hasn't been convicted of anything. Far as I know he's just running his dumb mouth. 13 accusations with no court or lawsuit or arrest or anything. And all these accusations just happened to pop up just a few months before the election. But that wasn't even my point. I'm not defending the guy. He's dirty and sleazy and is a punk. I've said that like three times already.

Not prescribing Bill's guilt to his wife either. Just calling out the hypocrisy of the situation. Hillary, and us, well many people in general not really me or you personally, blasted Trump like he was a super sexual predator, scum of the earth. And he is scum. But to do that with Bill nodding in approval, clapping hands, that's is shady as hell to me. The guy turned the POTUS and the White House into a running dress/blowjob/sperm joke.

Again, you're equating the accusations against Bill and Clinton as one in the same.  Monica has never come out and suggested that Bill forced himself on her.  Philandering isn't the same as unwanted sexual attention.  I'm not saying what Bill did was right or in any way justified, but there is a qualitative difference between the actions of the two men in this particular situation.  

13 minutes ago, downzy said:

Again, you're equating the accusations against Bill and Clinton as one in the same.  Monica has never come out and suggested that Bill forced himself on her.  Philandering isn't the same as unwanted sexual attention.  I'm not saying what Bill did was right or in any way justified, but there is a qualitative difference between the actions of the two men in this particular situation.  

See that last part, about their actions, that still gets me. I do agree there is a bit of difference but the thing for 100% certain is Trump talked shit. We know everything Bill did was a proven fact. Just check the stains on the dress :lol:

It's all good though, I'll leave like this...Fuck Trump. Bill is a dog too. I think it's hypocritical to slam Trump as a dirty womanizing criminal while chilling with Bill Clinton.

Edited by J Dog

1 minute ago, J Dog said:

It's all good though, I'll leave like this...Fuck Trump. Bill is a dog too. I think it's hypocritical to slam Trump as a dirty womanizing criminal while chilling with Bill Clinton.

Yeah, I get that...  Clinton probably gambled (wrongly) that keeping the Clinton and husband name would help her chances when it came time to run herself since most people prior to a couple of years ago held him in high regard.  Rightfully, there's been an examination of Clinton's presidency through a different lens.  

Regardless of Hillary's culpability, I just don't understand how anyone is not bothered enough by that kind of behaviour to vote for Trump.  

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

52 minutes ago, J Dog said:

See, you get what the fuck I'm saying.

that's cos y'all are brothers from another mother :laugh:

1 hour ago, downzy said:

You might want to raise your standards with respect to the men you associate with.  I played a lot of organized sports in high school and some in my 20s and I never once heard any man brag about forcing himself onto women.  I don't have any friends who have ever made similar contest.  I have heard men brag about women they slept with or reveal who they'd like to have sex with, but never have I heard anyone advertise to myself or other friends how they would or have forced themselves on women.  

And don't you think the claim that it's all just "locker room talk" loses some credibility when several women came out soon afterward and detail interactions with Trump that mirrors his own words?  Unless you think they were all lying.  

Downzy, I would never presume that you or your friends are such a species, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I cannot speak at all to the motivations or claims of these women, I can only address what we know of for certain, and that is these recordings.

I DO know, that talking shit with one of your buddies, is not in ANY WAY the same as admitting you forced yourself upon a woman (to use your words) and not stopping even after the message has been received loud and clear.  Unless you yourself have been in a situation where you definitively know the difference between talk and action, Please..do NOT attempt to equate the two. Because believe me, they are NOT the same. And as a woman I find such utterances infinitely more insulting than any words on a f*cking tape recorder.

7 hours ago, Dazey said:

Which would be the 1st then? I went to the March in Manchester today and it was pretty awesome. :)

Probably calling my grandmother or dad… which I shall do tomorrow, as I do every Sunday.

Glad you enjoyed yourself, but going on a demo against something as intangible and as universally agreed upon as "hate" mystifies me. It is nice and harmless, I suppose. 

34 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Downzy, I would never presume that you or your friends are such a species, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I cannot speak at all to the motivations or claims of these women, I can only address what we know of for certain, and that is these recordings.

I DO know, that talking shit with one of your buddies, is not in ANY WAY the same as admitting you forced yourself upon a woman (to use your words) and not stopping even after the message has been received loud and clear.  Unless you yourself have been in a situation where you definitively know the difference between talk and action, Please..do NOT attempt to equate the two. Because believe me, they are NOT the same. And as a woman I find such utterances infinitely more insulting than any words on a f*cking tape recorder.

I never said you presumed anything about my friends or people I know.  My issue is the notion that some guys talk in the same way as Trump and it's not a big a deal as most wanted it to be.  

Nor am I equating talk and action to be the same.  But here we have a newly sworn-in President who is not only being accused by multiple women of sexual misconduct/assault, but also that very same person admitting to someone in private that his actions conform to those accusations.  If it were just accusations or Trump's "locker room talk," that would be one thing and easier to dismiss.  But it's an entirely different situation when women come forward and confirm that Trump's boasts of ignoring consent happened to them.  

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There is just something lacking in decency about the whole anti-Trump thing. It is just not cricket.

There is something lacking in decency about the whole Trump thing. 

Fixed that for you.

Cricket is for pussies who wish they could play baseball.

(Kidding on the last part- a little. I respect cricket in that baseball is derived from it. But we took it and made it into something interesting.)

1 minute ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

There is something lacking in decency about the whole Trump thing. 

Fixed that for you.

Cricket is for pussies who wish they could play baseball.

(Kidding on the last part- a little. I respect cricket in that baseball is derived from it. But we took it and made it into something interesting.)

Cack more like it.

1 minute ago, Graeme said:

Nah, the anti-Trump thing makes me much prouder of humanity than the Trump thing.

Well, there we are. I have always found it the decent thing to congratulate a foe - and do not get me wrong here as I feel Trump is a ghastly specimen - but then the left is generally a petty vindictive race, incapable of empathy with the opposing view.

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well, there we are. I have always found it the decent thing to congratulate a foe - and do not get me wrong here as I feel Trump is a ghastly specimen - but then the left is generally a petty vindictive race, incapable of empathy with the opposing view.

I think the left are driven entirely by empathy actually, it's basically the essence of collectivism/universalism to look at people who are different to you, be that on grounds of nationality, race, belief, sexual orientation, gender, etc. and to aspire to a society where these variations are to the detriment of none.

It's the right who're sufficiently incapable of putting themselves in the shoes of people who aren't exactly like they are, to pursue individualism, isolationism and closed borders, aggressive foreign policy, xenophobia etc.

• Like 4