TRUMP Thread

Silent Jay

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

They discussed life? lol

This just gets weirder and weirder. Is Trump actually doing any government work?

Maybe he'll put Kanye in his cabinet too? God help us all!

Someone on Trump's staff needs to get screamed at. This is a stupid, dumb move on his part. Kanye West is the wrong person at the wrong time to be seen with right now. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

My mom was watching the View this morning, not something I would normally watch, but Joy Behar made a comment that cracked me up. She said "Donald Trump is that guy that promises you an orgasm, but never delivers". :facepalm:

i was not pleased with either of the candidates but there is something so fake about Hilary and all the things she pulled but got away with made me think she's so untrustworthy. her campaign ads were vicious and that didn't help. and Charlie Sheen's tweet about please God let Trump be next?? like God would ever do anything for that POS!

21 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

like i said i didn't want either one. it's scary to me that we can't come up with better candidates to choose. :/

It's interesting that the U.S. seemed so deeply split between the two. I reckon, if you had polled any other Western democracy with the same candidates, Hillary would have won by a landslide in most countries.

From the point of view of the vast majority of people in the society in which I live, Trump is just unacceptable; his personality, his conduct, his opinions, his political stance.

Having said that, the whole Republican party would be unacceptable is my society, we continually reject a Conservative party that's to the left of the Democrats, economically at least. Last year the Right took 22% of the popular vote in Scotland and this was seen as a good result for them.

Edited by Graeme
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Graeme said:

It's interesting that the U.S. seemed so deeply split between the two. I reckon, if you had polled any other Western democracy with the same candidates, Hillary would have won by a landslide in most countries.

From the point of view of the vast majority of people in the society in which I live; Trump is just unacceptable, his personality, his conduct, his opinions, his political stance.

Having said that, the whole Republican party would be unacceptable is my society, we continually reject a Conservative party that's to the left of the Democrats, economically at least. Last year the Right took 22% of the popular vote in Scotland and this was seen as a good result for them.

i admit i am not one who knows very much about politics. for me i did not want either. idk, maybe it's just a gut feeling and the many fishy things that happened during the campaign but i don't trust Hilary ( not that i trust Trump either. ) from what my friends who do follow and know politics Bernie Sanders should have won. and he is someone i actually would have liked to see as President. JMO :)

7 minutes ago, Graeme said:

We did vote for Brexit so there is that. 

11 minutes ago, Graeme said:

74484231.jpg

Well we don't talk about Tibet, Romania, Japan, San Marino, Philippines, etc etc etc, much here also - unless they are locations on Powerage's Maiden itinerary. Generally there is an US Politics thread and an UK one which usually slips down because of lack of interest. What more do you want?

Snake - cough - a guy named after a cheesy Slash side project used to create these weird nationalcentric threads but they were always infected with Cannabis and consequentially made no sense.

• Like 1

How many Tibetans, Romanians (although actually @GivenToFly has talked a reasonable amount about Romania in the past), Japanese, Sammarinese, Filipinos etc. do we have on the forum? If they were here and wanted to share stories of their politics and culture, I think it'd really enrich the off-topic... Definitely more interesting than having an "Anglo-American" monoculture.

What do you want? For anyone who lives in a small country to not even try and contribute to the discussion or if they do then to not relate it to their own experiences? 

41 minutes ago, Graeme said:

How many Tibetans, Romanians (although actually @GivenToFly has talked a reasonable amount about Romania in the past), Japanese, Sammarinese, Filipinos etc. do we have on the forum? If they were here and wanted to share stories of their politics and culture, I think it'd really enrich the off-topic... Definitely more interesting than having an "Anglo-American" monoculture.

What do you want? For anyone who lives in a small country to not even try and contribute to the discussion or if they do then to not relate it to their own experiences? 

I'm not really into too much nationalism I'm afraid. It buggered up the world in the 1930s and 40s. Most people don't operate like that from my experience. I personally do not wake up in the morning and immediately think 'England', sing the national anthem, stroll downstairs, drink my 'English tea' (from a cup and saucer), eat an 'English breakfest', put on my English national dress of a suit and bowler hat  - proliferate England basically at every point of my life. I do not think many people are like that. The fact I live in England barely enters any aspect of my life except when watching our iffy Test team.