Chest voice vs head voice

2 hours ago, Cory Trevor said:

please realize Axl has done vocal damage from that small chunk of AC/DC shows... listen to for those about to rock from the final US leg, it gets worse and worse every night and he noticeably didn't go as hard in SA as he did USA this past summer

sounds pretty good to me, might be his best performance from Philly

3 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

sounds pretty good to me, might be his best performance from Philly

1:30, 1:43, 1:50, 1:54 voice cracks ALL in the first verse haha, im NOT disputing it sounds great but thats proof of vocal straining! 

for example, this is truly an incredible display of power and tone, but when he screams ALL, you can hear weirdness in his voice that never used to be there, and i swear it reminds me of the razors edge era brian johnson when the 'elmo' tone came out in his voice from all the straining.

18 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I saw him say in an interview that he was traveling with a voice coach again because of possibility doing damage doing the ACDC songs. He said he was aware of it and working to avoid damage.

yup, he did it as professionally as you could tackle it and there were still issues with the higher songs like hells bells, thunderstruck and FTATR... no straining on the bon songs for the most part, if they tour again and drop thunderstruck and some BIB material and play bon deep cuts or new music LOL i can see axl doing this for a long time... but the brian stuff is damn near impossible to stay consistent on, even brian had damage like 2 years after joining, compare back in black to razors edge.. night and day

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cory Trevor said:

1:30, 1:43, 1:50, 1:54 voice cracks ALL in the first verse haha, im NOT disputing it sounds great but thats proof of vocal straining! 

for example, this is truly an incredible display of power and tone, but when he screams ALL, you can hear weirdness in his voice that never used to be there, and i swear it reminds me of the razors edge era brian johnson when the 'elmo' tone came out in his voice from all the straining.

I wouldn't look too far into a weird sound in his voice when he's pushing a note with that much power...

As far as the FTATR it sounds great, those "voice cracks" aren't really cracking. There were times over in Europe when his voice would crack but the ones in Philly weren't the same. FTATR is a strange vocal song anyways, Brian sings "Saluuute" oddly and sometimes I'm not sure if Axl is trying to mimick those notes or his voice just fails him. 

I get what your saying though, I compare these songs to his best vocal performance in Sevilla. 

obviously Philly wasn't as perfect as this, but comparing this and the parts you felt were drop offs in Philly shows that it's as much a style of singing he was using as anything else. 

I will say on Bon material Axl got better and better. Rock and Roll Damnation, If You Want Blood, Dirty Deeds all sounded amazing on that last show. 

On a different matter I like how he changed his style on songs like Dirty Deeds, Lisbon was like he didn't quite know the attitude of the song and Philly the end of the run he sings it like he wrote the song...very cool to see the difference and shows how important the delivery is for Axl

4 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I wouldn't look too far into a weird sound in his voice when he's pushing a note with that much power...

As far as the FTATR it sounds great, those "voice cracks" aren't really cracking. There were times over in Europe when his voice would crack but the ones in Philly weren't the same. FTATR is a strange vocal song anyways, Brian sings "Saluuute" oddly and sometimes I'm not sure if Axl is trying to mimick those notes or his voice just fails him. 

I get what your saying though, I compare these songs to his best vocal performance in Sevilla. 

obviously Philly wasn't as perfect as this, but comparing this and the parts you felt were drop offs in Philly shows that it's as much a style of singing he was using as anything else. 

I will say on Bon material Axl got better and better. Rock and Roll Damnation, If You Want Blood, Dirty Deeds all sounded amazing on that last show. 

On a different matter I like how he changed his style on songs like Dirty Deeds, Lisbon was like he didn't quite know the attitude of the song and Philly the end of the run he sings it like he wrote the song...very cool to see the difference and shows how important the delivery is for Axl

I do agree axl is the KING of delivery, and those shows prove it, but I'm just sayin I hear a bit of a difference in his vocal TONE... no doubts he can control what he wants to do with his voice/technique, but I feel his voice is changing more in a damaging way than previous tours with his 'familiar' guns songs

14 hours ago, Cory Trevor said:

I do agree axl is the KING of delivery, and those shows prove it, but I'm just sayin I hear a bit of a difference in his vocal TONE... no doubts he can control what he wants to do with his voice/technique, but I feel his voice is changing more in a damaging way than previous tours with his 'familiar' guns songs

4:52 here brings a very strange vocal scream from Axl. Thought you might appreciate it. Sounds like he goes to the top of his range here and the voice disconnects in a cool way

3 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

4:52 here brings a very strange vocal scream from Axl. Thought you might appreciate it. Sounds like he goes to the top of his range here and the voice disconnects in a cool way

damn ive watched this a few times already, powerhouse of a performance

might sound crazy but in one second you can hear Axl's classic voice. It's that high pitched voice with power that is more clean than rasp. It's the same part of the song that sounded Mickey when he first sang it in Lisbon but at :54 right after "I lead a life of crime" on that first "Dirty Deeds" there's something about that voice that for that split second I thought it was 91 Axl...maybe I'm way off here but check it out and see if it sounds any different to any of you

it just threw me off bc since 2002 I've heard raspy Axl and I've heard Mickey Axl and I've even heard clean voice Axl but very rarely if ever has that mid voice high pitched vocal returned with power. That's gotta be a hard note for him to hit and not sound weak at 54. Really the best comparison I can think of for it is Rio 91 on Jungle...he doesn't sing it with much rasp it's much more clean but sounds like he's singing with the back of his throat and yet producing power

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

might sound crazy but in one second you can hear Axl's classic voice. It's that high pitched voice with power that is more clean than rasp. It's the same part of the song that sounded Mickey when he first sang it in Lisbon but at :54 right after "I lead a life of crime" on that first "Dirty Deeds" there's something about that voice that for that split second I thought it was 91 Axl...maybe I'm way off here but check it out and see if it sounds any different to any of you

it just threw me off bc since 2002 I've heard raspy Axl and I've heard Mickey Axl and I've even heard clean voice Axl but very rarely if ever has that mid voice high pitched vocal returned with power. That's gotta be a hard note for him to hit and not sound weak at 54. Really the best comparison I can think of for it is Rio 91 on Jungle...he doesn't sing it with much rasp it's much more clean but sounds like he's singing with the back of his throat and yet producing power

There's a IYWB scream that sounds exactly like that too. Kinda fucking bonkers that he can still bring that voice out.