Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

There is an effortlessness that goes together with being cool. 

@Kris_1989 interesting find on the book dedication, I didn't know about that. Mentor suggests advisor, teacher? My mind boggles, do we have any big Duff fans who might be able to shed some light on what he meant, it must have been asked in an interview.

• Like 1

I recall Duff saying  (I think it was last year when they were playing together and he posted that pic of him and Izzy on the studio on his birthday) he liked to do music with Izzy and that they enjoyed each other's company too. He also said they would probably make more music in the future... but then the "triunion" got in the way and the rest is history. A history that sucks :max:

Found the quote! http://radio.com/2015/03/17/guns-n-roses-duff-mckagan-izzy-stradlin-reunite-new-music/

And with any good birthday jam comes the possibility to further the endeavor.

“We’ll probably do it some more,” McKagan confirms. “We’re gonna maybe record some more. But we just enjoy making music together and enjoy each other’s company. We’re allowed to do that.”

There was even tweet evidence of the recording.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

If you find a friend that will put up with your crap when you're at your lowest point you shouldn't put a price tag on that. In my opinion anyway... :unsure:

Amen to that.

You know how people say Contraband is the only good album from VR, well who was involved in it? Izzy Stradlin, once again. 

• Like 3

Well, it seems clear from Duff's words he considered Izzy more than just a band mate, he considered him a friend. And yeah, we can only speculate now, since that Izzy interview never saw the light so far but it's sad if money ended something like that. No matter whose fault it was, Izzy's or Duff's.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

I don't think that Axl ever really hated Slash. I think he was just hurt and lashing out. There is no way you stay mad at somebody for 20 years unless you care about them to some extent. Even if Axl doesn't want to admit it.

Well yeah, obviously. I don't think he really hated Slash, but he liked to talk and act like he did during these years, and he never talked like that about Duff. Like I've said before over in the Women's Thread, Axl and Slash had a way too intense and screwed up relationship for there not to be tons of hurt feelings and emotions involved. I mean that's the cause for this entire drama in the first place- if they'd only ever been just 'colleagues' or something, their fall-out would never have been this painful and intense.

15 hours ago, Jane M. said:

Izzy did travel to Seattle for Duff's birthday (do you all remember that story? It's posted here, somewhere) and he also tried to check up on Axl a few times but he keeps getting screwed. 

Yeah, I remember that story. Izzy's always checking up on everyone it seems, he's caring and nice like that.

• Like 2

ah bless you with your hangovers, says the smug non drinker. hope you had a good one.  

last year may have been shit, but it was good one for GnR fans and Izzy walked away from his advacado farm. I am looking forward to this years shenanigans.

Yes, that's Alan Niven.

Don't really know about the second pic. Super cute, yes. he kinda looks like in these ones, I believe they are from late 90's early 2000's, don't know really.

4e8ae4fdf55b4e0ee0542dab13a0cf66.jpg

1095759_636x357.jpg

Also, giving the name of this topic this pic could not be missing:

burning_bus.jpg

Why is the bus on fire? Why does Izzy look like he started the fire? :lol: Why is he wearing a poncho?? So many questions...

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 3