Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

To be honest, when I read about the crowd booed Axl when his name was read out it put me off. And I know he deserves 99.9% of the shit he gets, but at that moment just let it go, y'know? I don't care for that kind of pantomime shit. Not bothered about the performance either. 

Didnt know Billie Joe had said a stupid remark about him being crazy, which is great cos I'm seeing green day in a couple of weeks :lol: 

Just that really. It's just a personal reason to me I guess that others might think is silly but that's why :) 

Fair enough, it's your opinion and that doesn't make it silly. 

• Like 1

I was honestly shocked to see how important the HOF thing was to the fans. I have kind of always considered it to be a corporate shit show that no one cared about but Jann Wenner. I WAS WRONG. GNR world blew up back then.  Fans really hitched their wagons onto this thing. It got nasty. In regards to Izzy, I really felt like the double blow of him not going to the HOF, then turning around and doing a private show with Axl really pissed off a lot of fans. Before that Izzy was sort of seen as the guy who got along with everybody and just did his thing. Some might not have liked his solo stuff and that's fine- personal taste and all- and everyone wished he would tour, but after the HOF shit got a lot more negative. And personal.  Suddenly threads popped up about his motivations and reliability and ability to play. It was...surprising.  Guns has always been a mess always always so when one thing catches fire like that- I don't know. It surprised the hell out of me.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

I was honestly shocked to see how important the HOF thing was to the fans. I have kind of always considered it to be a corporate shit show that no one cared about but Jann Wenner. I WAS WRONG. GNR world blew up back then.  Fans really hitched their wagons onto this thing. It got nasty. In regards to Izzy, I really felt like the double blow of him not going to the HOF, then turning around and doing a private show with Axl really pissed off a lot of fans. Before that Izzy was sort of seen as the guy who got along with everybody and just did his thing. Some might not have liked his solo stuff and that's fine- personal taste and all- and everyone wished he would tour, but after the HOF shit got a lot more negative. And personal.  Suddenly threads popped up about his motivations and reliability and ability to play. It was...surprising.  Guns has always been a mess always always so when one thing catches fire like that- I don't know. It surprised the hell out of me.  

Speaking of private shows... How the hell has there never been any footage of that wedding Axl & Izzy played?! Seriously... Not a pic, grainy video... nothing? :question:

Edited by Kris_1989

7 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Speaking of private shows... How the hell has there never been any footage of that wedding Axl & Izzy played?! Seriously... Not a pic, grainy video... nothing?

There are pics...

Image result for izzy stradlin st tropez

...not many though. And I agree about the video! Maybe guests had to sign something? 

Edited by beautifulanddamned
+
  • Like 1

I saw another pic from that wedding on insta, it was posted by Ron's wife ( I think?) but it wasn't of the guys. She posted the dinner table arrangements or the menu...I don't remember well. Nothing important. Lol

Edited by Jane M.

Ah those silly people of RRHOF. Out of all the days you chose April 14th 2012? Axl and Izzy were probably busy "celebrating" the 100th anniversary of the Titanic :P

No, seriously, I'm so clueless about that thing i had no idea what had happened, just knew Alan Niven version of Axl not showing up and making Izzy feel miserable (so much drama, Alan) not even gonna speak about that private wedding I had no idea had happened. I'm a terrible fan :lol:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Ive never watched the Golden Gods stuff either, but that's a whole other issue :lol:

I've seen Golden Gods. Stayed up all night and the next day I had a final exame. I wanted to see Axl with Duff, but it all turned out being so sad. When Axl forgets TIL lyrics or couldn't sing or whatever happened right there was really heartbreaking. As much as I hate CD line-ups, Bumblefoot attitude in that moment was so nice. And there was that look on Duff's face - a sad one, like he wasn't sure what he was doing there, but supporting Axl :unsure: It was awful  seeing Axl like that, and that band. I just feel happy he found his mojo again and seems like he's having the time of his life with this reunion. Now bring Izzy and Steven back to be perfect.

4 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Here is what Duff had to say in his book about the whole thing for those of you that haven't read it:

Reveal hidden contents

AQU8N0V.png

FjTbxLR.png

YJFnReM.png

b3Ybgqz.png

IhgBTrj.png

NKKLgEg.png

After reading that Fan letter again it's so depressing that it's 2017 and we have still yet to see all of the appetite 5 on friendly terms... There is always one on the outs. :(

I didn't know about this letter! So nice from Duff, really.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Archtop said:

@KURT19 You were at the induction? or am I miss understanding your post. 

Yes, I went to the induction ceremony.  Axl got booed...any mention of his name plus every time his picture was shown in the montage.  The fans were out in full force and the guys that performed absolutely BLEW THE ROOF OFF THAT PLACE.   I'll never forget the building positively BUZZING after those songs were played LIVE.  No one recovered from it and the Red Hot Chili Peppers didn't stand a chance to regain the audience.

It's a crying shame that Izzy and Axl weren't there but thank God for Duff, Slash and Steven!

I was also at Duff's book reading/performance the night before at the House of Blues.  When Matt and Gilby appeared, everyone knew something big was up.  After the show, security cleared the entire building really quickly so that the guys could rehearse with Slash and Steven.  

And yes, I live a charmed life! ;)

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

LOL:rofl-lol:

Paging @Archtop @Darkenchantress @beautifulanddamned @Kris_1989

We must reconvene and work on those black magic powers to make the Messiah tweet something. 

IMG_4621.jpg

I usually practice white magic but whatever it takes, I'm in :lol: 

We should add @jasmineneedspatience to our coven too, she is a very devoted servant to our lord and savior. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

LOL:rofl-lol:

Paging @Archtop @Darkenchantress @beautifulanddamned @Kris_1989

We must reconvene and work on those black magic powers to make the Messiah tweet something. 

IMG_4621.jpg

Alright Alright Alright!

Image result for elizabeth montgomery gif nose

Surely he has some tv recommendations or avocado recipes he wants to share. 

Sidenote: I can't spell avocado for some reason so it's been a long year for me.  

8 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

I usually practice white magic but whatever it takes, I'm in :lol: 

We should add @jasmineneedspatience to our coven too, she is a very devoted servant to our lord and savior. 

Yes we should. ^_^

I can't make him tweet but here is a little Izzy fix for you guys. His bits are at 07:33, 21:35, & 28:49 :wub:

Stinks how we only get little clips here and there of his old interviews. Even the one he did with Kurt Loder you could see they cut him off while he was still talking. I wonder if the full interviews are still out there somewhere or if they just got deleted.

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Yes we should. ^_^

I can't make him tweet but here is a little Izzy fix for you guys. His bits are at 07:33, 21:35, & 28:49 :wub:

Stinks how we only get little clips here and there of his old interviews. Even the one he did with Kurt Loder you could see they cut him off while he was still talking. I wonder if the full interviews are still out there somewhere or if they just got deleted.

Thank you! I've only seen terrible quality snippets of this! This is Ultimate Izzy right here.

6 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Wait...Are these Axl, Slash and Duff? :nervous:

LOL! That was completely unintentional too. Oh god... Now all I'm going to think of is the Sanderson sisters when I see the big three.

tumblr_obontdCfSN1uaouwuo1_400.gif

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 2

I would also like to see

jump In now

Seems to me

I don't  know

Baby Rann

pressurevdrop

memphesis

upside

Snow.

Spoonfull-love this cover by Izzy

I don't know if he would do the juju hound songs, he might go with just the solo albums. All in all his got one hell of a lot of material to choose from, 

• Like 3