Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

So, was idling through instagram and came across this and noticed he knows all the GnR wankers. 

Fernando liked this post :lol:

Fernando liked it? That's scary! Don't sell your soul Izzy, we've already lost Saul's soul (?)

5 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

LOL

IMG_4745.jpg

Stizzy Stradler:rofl-lol:

LOL, that must be when they were asked by the other three to join them as guests.

Steven: Holy shit, I'm getting to play with them again!!!

Izzy: Guest? In MY band? Seriously?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Fernando liked this post :lol:

giphy.gif

Wth? Wasn't Fernando the one that was getting all pissy over the "Where's Izzy" posters last year? Now he's cool with Izzy again? :suspicious:

I hope Izzy doesn't cave and agree to guest for the 30th without Steven. Or just guest in general... It's the 30th. Fortus can take a damn seat for one night.

But I guess that would explain the radio silence from him. Maybe they made him sign a contract like Steven. :shrugs:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

giphy.gif

Wth? Wasn't Fernando the one that was getting all pissy over the "Where's Izzy" posters last year? Now he's cool with Izzy again? :suspicious:

I hope Izzy doesn't cave and agree to guest for the 30th without Steven. Or just guest in general... It's the 30th. Fortus can take a damn seat for one night.

But I guess that would explain the radio silence from him. Maybe they made him sign a contract like Steven. :shrugs:

Do you think Izzy would sign one of those?  

Maybe it's just Fernando trying to appear cool and like when they said Izzy is part of the GnR family, really? Lololol

I can imagine he is trying to involve Izzy in his plans, though. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

giphy.gif

Maybe Izzy will join Them

5 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Jacket look familiar? :lol:

IMG_0339.png

4eAiJUp.png

Can't remember if this has been posted or not...

What about this

So Izzy.. :lol:

Zoot : Smurf Izzy with Melissa hair

"Zoot was considerably more talkative during the show's first season, but he soon started speaking less, often expressing himself purely with music. Dave Goelz explained that "I found that when the writers gave Zoot lines to speak, I would always try to give them away to other characters because I didn't know what to do with him. Maybe that helped to define the character."

:lol:

Edited by SerenityScorp

18 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Jacket look familiar? :lol:

IMG_0339.png

4eAiJUp.png

Can't remember if this has been posted or not...

Just wrote a post and then I lost everything. Now, just in short:

Beautiful young Izzy is beautiful.

Pissed of old Izzy is such a typical version of the underrated and misunderstood musician with tons of talent and loads of frustration. It's so cliche, really. Very Zoot. Very Izzy. He always has looked pissed of about something, that was his trademark look. But becoming older it becomes more obvious to me. Izzy does look very dissatisfied and unhappy like the typical grumpy old man. Still love him though, grumpy as he is.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Just wrote a post and then I lost everything. Now, just in short:

Beautiful young Izzy is beautiful.

Pissed of old Izzy is such a typical version of the underrated and misunderstood musician with tons of talent and loads of frustration. It's so cliche, really. Very Zoot. Very Izzy. He always has looked pissed of about something, that was his trademark look. But becoming older it becomes more obvious to me. Izzy does look very dissatisfied and unhappy like the typical grumpy old man. Still love him though, grumpy as he is.

You've got to remember that we don't know Izzy personally. We only see little bits and pieces here and there. So you can't really judge him based on that... For what it's worth, all the people that do know him have always described him as funny, kind and generous for years... I think that says a lot about who he is. :shrugs:

We also can't forget that he just got pretty screwed over by people who have the nerve to call him family while simultaneously stabbing him in the back. If that's not enough, he's also got a huge chunk of GNR "fans" calling him a flake and overrated on a daily basis. Not just on the forums either, some of those assholes tweet Izzy that shit. I don't know about you but I'd be a little grumpy too if I had to listen to that for a full year.

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

You've got to remember that we don't know Izzy personally. We only see little bits and pieces here and there. So you can't really judge him based on that... For what it's worth, all the people that do know him have always described him as funny, kind and generous for years... I think that says a lot about who he is. :shrugs:

We also can't forget that he just recently got pretty screwed over by people who have the nerve to call him family while simultaneously stabbing him in the back. If that's not enough, he's also got a huge chunk of GNR "fans" calling him a flake and overrated on a daily basis. Not just on the forums either, some of those assholes tweet Izzy that shit. I don't know about you but I'd be a little grumpy too if I had to listen to that for a full year.

Thank you for that. I'm aware that I only "judge" form little glimpses and small cut-outs. And you're right as a person he might and hopefully is totally different. I have never read so much about him (where can I find stuff?), so I never came across other people describing him. I only remember other people describing Axl as funny, kind and generous. Anyway, I wasn't judging Izzy as a person because I obviously have no insights. I described as what he comes across to me, or as what Izzy's musician persona comes across off to me. Hope this makes a little sense at all?

13 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Thank you for that. I'm aware that I only "judge" form little glimpses and small cut-outs. And you're right as a person he might and hopefully is totally different. I have never read so much about him (where can I find stuff?), so I never came across other people describing him. I only remember other people describing Axl as funny, kind and generous. Anyway, I wasn't judging Izzy as a person because I obviously have no insights. I described as what he comes across to me, or as what Izzy's musician persona comes across off to me. Hope this makes a little sense at all?

It does. Sorry, I wasn't trying to attack you or anything. Just wanted to throw my two cents out there. 

From a 2012 interview with Taz (Izzy's drummer/burden brothers):

Before I ask about 76, did you ever play any shows with Izzy Stradlin? Yeah, we toured Japan once. About once every year we go out and do an album. He doesn't believe in "the machine" at all. He hates the industry, so initially he licensed the albums overseas and wouldn't tell anyone in America. He's a really big fan of the Internet. Now we'll go record and he'll slap it up on iTunes. That's been a hoot. Duff's on most of them. There was a time when Slash, Izzy, Duff and I got together a few times and recorded some stuff. I think it was Duff who called it Four Wheels, No Axl. But none of that stuff ever got released. It's kind of fun to sit around, be a fly on the wall, playing the drums with these guys and say, "How did I get here?"

Nice. Izzy has become one of my very, very best friends. When The Burden Brothers stopped touring, Zack quit because he and his wife wanted to start a family, and then Rizzo took that cue to leave as well. So the three of us had the wind taken out of our sails. Towards the end of that last album, touring was really sparse, it was hard and we weren't drawing because nothing was on the radio. What had been on the radio had run its course. That was a real stinker. We have been on hiatus for about four or five years now.

But that first phone call was to Izzy and I said, "I'm done." I was fucking furious. He goes, "No, no, no, just write it down on a guitar." I said, "You're not listening to me, I'm done." He goes, "You have a guitar?" And I go, "Yeah, I have a guitar, but I'm done, I don't want to play music. I don't want to hear music. I'm gonna throw every radio in my house out the window." But he knew exactly what was going on, and he had been through this, obviously in a much bigger arena. In that moment, I really found how close we had become. He really helped me get through this. About a week after that initial conversation, I come home and there's a brand new acoustic guitar on my front porch with a note that says, "Write it down." I started writing and that's the music you heard at my show at the Single Wide.

If you read interviews with some of the musicians that Izzy's worked with they all have similar stories to this one. :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

It does. Sorry, I wasn't trying to attack you or anything. Just wanted to throw my two cents out there. 

From a 2012 interview with Taz (Izzy's drummer/burden brothers):

If you read interviews with some of the musicians that Izzy's worked with they all have similar stories to this one. :)

<3 OMG Beautiful story. Lovely. What a real cool and caring friend, Izzy is. Thanks for sharing, Kris. Wished we could listen to those "four wheel" tracks.

And, please, no, I didn't feel attacked by you at all. :hug: I totally want your 2 cents!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

We also can't forget that he just got pretty screwed over by people who have the nerve to call him family while simultaneously stabbing him in the back. If that's not enough, he's also got a huge chunk of GNR "fans" calling him a flake and overrated on a daily basis. Not just on the forums either, some of those assholes tweet Izzy that shit. I don't know about you but I'd be a little grumpy too if I had to listen to that for a full year.

Still can't get over this! Fucking stupid people! :anger:

Loved Taz's interview. Izzy is such a great guy and I love that approach of writing shit down when you're going through a tough moment. I think he shares that with John Frusciante and they're two of my favorite songwriters ever.

"I think it was Duff who called it Four Wheels, No Axl". Good ol' Harvey before he got half of his face burned :awesomeface:

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I don't know where the grumpy Izzy thing came from, I rember the account of a girl saying he was seen behaving grumpily at a  hotel at the start of the reunion, I think it finally got debunked as being Fortus who must have been pissed about something, Unfortunately the label stuck with Izzy. I personally don't see him in that way, he come across to me as a much more reserved character, who doesn't deal well with the hysteria of others around him. Sure he's proved he can get angry with a few calculated tweets, and cover songs that seemingly give out a subliminal message. Nothing I would say is overtly grumpy. I  think he probably keeps friends and family tight, and doesn't suffer fools gladly :shrugs:I don't know, can only go by what I have read and song lyrics. There does seem to be a lot of love and respect out there from people who know him.

I think it was mentioned in an interview that it was important to him that everybody was treated fairly, possibly by Duff? So if that sense of equality is ingrained in him, than I guess it is easy to understand why he walks away or doesn't want a part in something that goes against that ethic.

True, I see that as well and can relate to that very much.

• Like 1