Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

3 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

"He's a really big fan of the internet"

Same with Gingersnap N' Slashypoo :lol:

Same with me. For example, recently I found out that you can actually find recordings of Izzy playing drums (that vinyl of The Atoms). It's just garage punk, nothing special really, but it has freakin young Izzy on drums:headbang:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, int8 said:

Same with me. For example, recently I found out that you can actually find recordings of Izzy playing drums (that vinyl of The Atoms). It's just garage punk, nothing special really, but it has freakin young Izzy on drums:headbang:

Oh good fined, recorded 1981, so when he was still in Indiana?

Released 1993, so you reckon this was somebody with old demos?

I know this isn't the wacky world of John Frusciante and I already mentioned him in my previous post but I'd like to point how differently RHCP (seem to have) handled things with him compared to GNR with Izzy and Steven.

John quit the band in 1992 a few hours prior to a show during a tour in Japan and shortly after embarrasing his bandmates with an intentionally awful performance on a tv appearance. The band moved on with Dave Navarro and John spent a couple of years doing drugs as bad (if not worse) as Steven, to the point his arms are full of scars and have skin grafts. He almost killed himself with his drug abuse. Things didn't work between RHCP and Dave Navarro and Flea told Anthony he wanted John back. Regardless of his massive addiction (he had gotten clean recently), the fact that he hadn't picked up a guitar in a few years and also that he had only been part of ONE big album with the band at the time. They didn't need him to legitimize the band, it was probably a big risk to take him back and he had let them down screwing performances on purpose and quitting in the middle of a tour, yet they decided to give him a chance. And they didn't hire him as if he was some employee, I don't know if he was getting the same money as the others but he was a band member who could make decisions as much as any of the other guys, he was arguably the main songwriter after rejoining the band, which led him to clashing with Flea (with John "winning those battles", By The Way is considered HIS album, his vision).

The result of those guys getting his old friend back, the one who had helped them make it big back in the day, and creating music with him again was Californication, their most successful album ever (and personally, one of my favorites records ever released by any band) which took them to a new level of popularity worldwide. Eventually John got tired and quit the band again, but that's after releasing a bunch of records and cementing the band's status as one of the biggest rock bands in the world. And from a fan's point of view, he quit but not without leaving a huge amount of amazing songs that will live on forever. John may be gone but no one can take away those songs like Scar Tissue, Road Trippin', Around The World, Dosed, Snow, etc...

So, how do you guys see it compared to the GNR situation? Flea went to talk to him and then reunited John and Anthony to speak and make sure they could get along. There were no contracts, no bullshit. John had certain flaws Steven and Izzy either have/had or are accused of having (big addiction, doesn't like to tour, quit the band on their best moment, was "unreliable") and at the same time also had amazing songwriting skills (like Izzy) and the perfect chemistry with Anthony, Flea and Chad, as Izzy and Steven have with Slash, Duff and Axl.

Well, this got extremely long and is probably the worst post ever (except for half of the main section which is :facepalm:), sorry about that. Still, I'd like to hear your opinion :)

10 minutes ago, int8 said:

Holy shit!! :shock:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Oh good fined, recorded 1981, so when he was still in Indiana?

I think he left Indiana in 1979 if I recall correctly when he was 17 years old after he graduated from high school. 

I really would love to hear all those recordings, same for the rest of the bands he played in till GnR.

Don't know much about RHCP but I do know about Californication, that album rules.

Everyone deserve a second chance, unfortunately not everyone can be as Flea and Anthony in terms of seeing themselves as equals and understanding instead of "I'm better than John because this and this so let's kick him to the curb". That type of ignorant mentality gets you nowhere.

Also, seems like Flea and Anthony wanted to keep making music, they were still motivated which is not the case with GNR. They are stuck in nostalgia, so fucking ridiculous. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Archtop said:

18 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

I really would love to hear all those recordings, same for the rest of the bands he played in till GnR.

If you PM me, I'll give you link to GNR forum from my country where you can find them. And just to clarify, Izzy, I'm not an uploader I'm just a fan obsessed with your work:shrugs:

1 hour ago, Jane M. said:

New?

Definitely!! So cute! :wub:

@BorderlineCrazy I think we already talked about Frusciante on another thread and you like him as much as I do. The man is a beast when it comes to songwriting and he definitely elevates every RHCP's album he is in to another level, Blood, sugar, sex, magik and Californication are my favorites even though I'm not a big fan of them. But yeah, they handled it the right way.

3 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Definitely!! So cute! :wub:

@BorderlineCrazy I think we already talked about Frusciante on another thread and you like him as much as I do. The man is a beast when it comes to songwriting and he definitely elevates every RHCP's album he is in to another level, Blood, sugar, sex, magik and Californication are my favorites even though I'm not a big fan of them. But yeah, they handled it the right way.

Yes, we did! And I agree, those two are my favorite records of them (and two of my favorte by any band) as well. It would be so awesome if GNR could do that, get Izzy back as a fucking member and use his talent to come up with a brilliant new record! 

On a different note, I was looking at this old pic of the band and realized Izzy inspired one of the forum's emoticons 42-15490029_0.jpg

:awesomeface:

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Fart tennis? What the fuck I just watched? :suspicious: :rofl-lol:

'-Are you 12?'
'-Yeah...No!'

'I AM THE LINESMAN AND YOU'RE GONNA FUCKIN PATCH ME IN RIGHT NOW! DO YOU FUCKIN HEAR ME? DO YOU FUCKIN HEAR ME?'
'-Ok...ok, ok' 

I mean this thing is so accurate of their personalities that it is hilarious!

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

:rofl-lol: Aaah! Those cartoons are so fucking accurate, it's unreal! Cracking up here, thanks! I can't even decide what's my favourite. The showdown? Axl's dream? Home sweet Home?

But now this, the cartoon for our own, cosy, wacky thread: :rofl-lol::awesomeface: INTENSE 

All those animation reminds Me of napoleon dynamite

58 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

OK. which one of you, witches, recorded this back in 88? :P Just asking because the camera seems to be following Izzy all the time. Can't blame it :lol: It's Donington footage I hadn't seen before. There you have almost 18 minutes in bad quality of the one with NO stage presence. :wub:

I still can't get over how cool he looks:drool:

• Like 1