Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

42 minutes ago, Cold Jen Time said:

Oh I've been there.  It's a scary place.  When I go I wear my armor and am prepared to defend Izzy to the death! :lol:  Srsly, I'm an admin on a GNR fan page and have had to go rounds and rounds and rounds with people who won't acknowledge the greatness of the Iz.  So I've got lots of practice. ;)

That's good to know. Still, it's not enough with the practice, you will also need just a little patience, yeaaaahhh :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Welcome to the gang! :hug:

Thank you, @Kris_1989!!!

5 hours ago, Archtop said:

Hi @Cold Jen Time nice to see you here, follow you and the gang on Twitter.

Really interested in Joey Huffmans go fund me, would be really interesting to see video blogs  of  him making an album and hopefully some behind the scenes including Izzy. 

Oh hey, I know you! ;):lol: Thanks, @Archtop - glad to be here!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Sometime in 1990, watching MTV. Paradise City, the guy in the red pants. Lost forever...❤❤❤

Do you remember those days? When MTV was really about music? Good times.

Colored pants attracted us like moths to the flame I see :lol:

Ah yes, I remember my mom had the MTV on pretty much all day. It was brand new in Spain and not everyone had it on their TVs. I recall spending afternoons with my sister watching videos of hard rock bands and singing pretending we were playing instruments. :P

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

So... do you guys remember the first time you saw Izzy and realized you were lost forever? :lol: I do!

I'd really love to hear your stories if you're up to it. :heart:

I already talked about it a little bit but my Mom was dating a guy that introduced me to Izzy's music when I was around 7 or 8 -- I'm sure Izzy would be horrified to know there was a little girl running around listening to his JuJu hounds tape on a hot pink Barbie karaoke tape player -- But that's how it started. I'd say the real hardcore interest started when I was around 12 or 13. That's when I got into GNR and saw the paradise city video. It was all over after that. No going back. :lol:

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I'm sure Izzy would be horrified to know there was a little girl running around listening to his JuJu hounds tape on a hot pink Barbie karaoke tape player.

What? He'd probably think you were the cutest thing ever.

Actually, we have graphic testimony of that! This is @Kris_1989 all innocent, on the guitar, with Steven popcorn Adler wearing a dress after auditioning for Naughty women on drums. He was upset cause some Izzy guy from Indiana had took the part in the band. They said Izzy's make up was better. Kris and Popcorn were unaware of the danger that was lurking in the shadows then Axl came out and ruined the fun for our precious little angels and for pretty much everyone. :axl:

31EeQ.gif

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

So... do you guys remember the first time you saw Izzy and realized you were lost forever? :lol: I do!

x7kbzON.gif

Silly banana pants, always in my heart. :wub:

tumblr_n0wlmsCOkh1s1eukio6_250.gif

I'd really love to hear your stories if you're up to it. :heart:

So, here's my confession, @Darkenchantress....I wasn't solely an Izzy girl when I first discovered GNR!  EEEEEEEEEK!!!   THE HORROR, I KNOW!!!!!  I remember seeing the video for WTTJ when they first came onto the scene and my little 12 year old brain just f'n lit up.  I couldn't believe how bad...how dangerous...how hot they all were!  (Well, except Steven maybe...I dunno, never crushed on him.  :lol: )  I do remember thinking Izzy was different from the rest of the band.  Cooler...more rock n roll and less flare.  Anyway, it dawned on me at some point...maybe when I saw the video for November Rain (haha)...that something was different.  Like, WTF, is this the same band?!?   Clearly, Izzy was the missing link.  So I kinda started to learn more about him....and then I really began to listen to his guitar and how it drove so many of the songs.  And it just kinda snowballed from there. 

Jeez, that's kind of a boring story. 

Bah.

LOL.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Colored pants attracted us like moths to the flame I see :lol:

Yes?

8 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

Angie's sister and her boyfriend took us to the GNR/Metallica show in 1992- it was the first time I snuck out and did something I wasn't supposed to do. But Izzy had quit 2 months earlier.  Her boyfriend gave me the Ju Ju hounds CD as well.

It was for a great cause:thumbsup:?

Just now, Cold Jen Time said:

So, here's my confession, @Darkenchantress....I wasn't solely an Izzy girl when I first discovered GNR!  EEEEEEEEEK!!!   THE HORROR, I KNOW!!!!!  I remember seeing the video for WTTJ when they first came onto the scene and my little 12 year old brain just f'n lit up.  I couldn't believe how bad...how dangerous...how hot they all were!  (Well, except Steven maybe...I dunno, never crushed on him.  :lol: )  I do remember thinking Izzy was different from the rest of the band.  Cooler...more rock n roll and less flare.  Anyway, it dawned on me at some point...maybe when I saw the video for November Rain (haha)...that something was different.  Like, WTF, is this the same band?!?   Clearly, Izzy was the missing link.  So I kinda started to learn more about him....and then I really began to listen to his guitar and how it drove so many of the songs.  And it just kinda snowballed from there. 

Jeez, that's kind of a boring story. 

Bah.

LOL.

And whoever said Paradise City - JANE who for some reason I can't tag -- YES!!  Distinctly remember thinking those rojo pants were the hottest thing evs. :dance:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

What? He'd probably think you were the cutest thing ever.

Actually, we have graphic testimony of that! This is @Kris_1989 all innocent, on the guitar, with Steven popcorn Adler wearing a dress after auditioning for Naughty women on drums. He was upset cause some Izzy guy from Indiana had took the part in the band. They said Izzy's make up was better. Kris and Popcorn were unaware of the danger that was lurking in the shadows then Axl came out and ruined the fun for our precious little angels and for pretty much everyone. :axl:

:rofl-lol:

You sure that's not Izzy trying to take me out before I upload his singles? :P

----------

I'm going to sound like a total nerd for a second but have you guys ever noticed that most people discover GNR when they're 12-17? It's like every single year the AFD5 gain a new batch of fans - even 30 years later - as soon as they hit that age.

• Like 1

I'm out of likes but I love to read your stories! :wub:

I totally get what you say, Jen. At 11 years old I thought they were the coolest thing I'd seen in my life, but yeah, Izzy caught my attention cause he was even cooler than the rest. I wanted to be Izzy Stradlin from that moment so years later I started to play guitar. I'm not that good and i have huge stage fright so I stick to rhythm, I kinda prefer it to lead. Too visible and top hats are not my thing. :ph34r:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

:rofl-lol:

You sure that's not Izzy trying to take me out before I upload his singles? :P

Nah, it was Axl, it's his modus operandi:P

19 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

The bed I slept in was up against the wall and there was a picture of Izzy. It was one from this session:

Image result for izzy stradlin 1988

And I just loved him. I was 10. I would wait all day to see the SCOM and PC videos on MTV. 

Honestly. I'm surprised you could sleep at all. :drool:

2 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

I love how we all basically made GNR our boy band. Other little girls in the 80's had this:

Image result for nkotb

Your option is still better than what I had to choose from at that age:

nsync-matching-overalls.jpg

:facepalm:

5 minutes ago, Cold Jen Time said:

WAY.  All I wanted to do was run away with these boys.  And Nikki Sixx. 

I love Nikki! His books especially.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

I kinda prefer it to lead. Too visible and top hats are not my thing. :ph34r:

The shade is real and I love it.

4 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

YESSSSSS Red pants!

Related image

You see? Impossible not to like that cute babe. :wub:

• Like 1

Holy fucking shit what the hell is this? I almost had a heart attack?? :o

http://en.mediamass.net/people/izzy-stradlin/deathhoax.html

:facepalm:

P.S. ok, is that stupid site that makes up fake news but it popped on Twitter and it almost put me into cardiac arrest.

Edited by Darkenchantress

5 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

To make a long story short, it was the women's thread. One fine day someone posted this foto in the women's thread (was it one of you?) 

I think i did!:P They were talking about Axl in a weird robe with a similar print so I posted the pic of Izzy and said he wore it better. :rolleyes: