Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

6 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

He has no clue whatsoever how to use twitter. Sorry, that's a sign of old age (and no management and obviously him not talking to other people about how it works).

It's adorable and a bummer.

I see. But I think it is rather his conscious choice. He is not using his twitter for entertainment or to connect to fans, that's for sure. Didn't he say somewhere that he made account just to clarify things about him not being involved in GnR? 

In fact, I can understand why he unfollowed some accounts. My theory is, he doesn't want us (or anybody in general) to know what he is interested in. I do the same thing and when I want to check sth I go straight to particular profile, I know that's not the point of twitter and social media :ph34r: I guess it's all about privacy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, int8 said:

I see. But I think it is rather his conscious choice. He is not using his twitter for entertainment or to connect to fans, that's for sure. Didn't he say somewhere that he made account just to clarify things about him not being involved in GnR? 

In fact, I can understand why he unfollowed some accounts. My theory is, he doesn't want us (or anybody in general) to know what he is interested in. I do the same thing and when I want to check sth I go straight to particular profile, I know that's not the point of twitter and social media :ph34r: I guess it's all about privacy. 

Bold above. And: why follow anyone then? Why tweet more than that he's not involved? Doesn't make any sense.

He can do whatever he wants and can use twitter in whatever way he choses. But it doesn't really make any sense. 

Edited by Tori72

12 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

tumblr_nvddkk1Xtu1uedmhyo1_250.gif

Guess we're done now, Izzy. :max:

Ha ha I was stoked when I realised Izzy and I followed three of the same accounts, now it's only Ronnie and Keith.  kris you need to send him the gif and text in a tweet, so funny.

The deleting is so weird.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Bold above. And: why follow anyone then? Why tweet more than that he's not involved? Doesn't make any sense.

He can do whatever he wants and can use twitter in whatever why he choses, there are no roles. And if# nobody's gotta follow them. But it doesn't really make any sense. 

I wish I could ask him those questions :lol: I'm trying to understand him... maybe he wanted to try to use twitter more but didn't like it, maybe he's tired with all those replies he gets (probably not, cause he thanked for support in last year and for sure he appreciates his fans), maybe he's not ok with how every tweet is being analyzed (I know that's what fans tend to do :tongue2:)... idk, he probably has good reasons other that not knowing how twitter works. That men is a mystery:shrugs:

I think his idea of twitter (at this moment) is to write a message when sth important is happening and nothing more than that. If that's true then I don't think he's doing bad job or doesn't make any sense.

But I don't get why he deletes links to his songs, at all :angry:

Edited by int8

11 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Ha ha I was stoked when I realised Izzy and I followed three of the same accounts, now it's only Ronnie and Keith.  kris you need to send him the gif and text in a tweet, so funny.

The deleting is so weird.

Done! :lol:

Poor Rick Neilson got unfollowed too. :no:

-----

Maybe he thinks if he deletes tweets more people will see the most recent one? Maybe he doesn't understand that the twitter feed goes from newest to oldest?

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Whatever, I have the feeling that, as sad as it might be for us, that account isn't gonna last long.

Probably not. But whatever makes him happy I'm ok with. if twitter stresses him out that much just delete the whole thing. It's not worth it.

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

if he felt like doing it he must have his reasons. Truth is I cannot blame him.

You're sounding like Axl's fans there :P

12 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

calling him stupid things in spanish.

Always happen! Makes me feel so embarrased when I see idiots writing shit in spanish to these guys. I'll never get it!

-------------------------------------------

Gotta say that I think twitter could be like the perfect platform for Izzy actually and it's a shame he hasn't given it a better use so far.

He is indeed very private and all that so I think twitter could be the pefect place to communicate only what he wants/needs us to know without having to deal with journalists that will ask him stupid shit and then twist whatever he says.

What he was doing posting new songs and that kind of things was really cool so I think it would be a shame if he deleted his account. I hope he'll keep it and will start using it in a cool way at some point.

2 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

He is indeed very private and all that so I think twitter could be the pefect place to communicate only what he wants/needs us to know without having to deal with journalists that will ask him stupid shit and then twist whatever he says.

But they still do that regardless of what he posts.

I don't care so much that he deletes the silly tweets or the ones that aren't really important but it's frustrating that he deletes the music tweets. I know he thinks his music is available worldwide and easy to find but it really isn't. It'd be nice if he would leave links and stuff up where people can find it. But maybe he just doesn't care or something.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Probably not. But whatever makes me happy I'm ok with. if twitter stresses him out that much just delete the whole thing. It's not worth it.

Absolutely. He should put his happiness and mental health before anything else. I just hope he is happy in his life and still doing music. Sometimes I wish that he was one of those celebs that are so open with their fans, then I remember that all that mystery that he is is a big part of what attracted me to him and his work in the first place.

10 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Always happen! Makes me feel so embarrased when I see idiots writing shit in spanish to these guys. I'll never get it!

Yeah me neither. There are lots of very sweet people tweeting him nice things, supporting him no matter what. But then others "ahre puto" and all that stupidity I just can't. :facepalm:

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Darkenchantress said:

Absolutely. He should put his happiness and calm before anything else. I just hope he is happy in his life and still doing music. Sometimes I wish that he was one of those celebs that are so open with their fans, then I remember that all that mystery that he is is a big part of what attracted me to him and his work in the first place.

Completely agree and I totally meant him not me in that post! Autocorrect hates me today. :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

But they still do that regardless of what he posts.

I don't care so much that he deletes the silly tweets or the ones that aren't really important but it's frustrating that he deletes the music tweets. I know he thinks his music is available worldwide and easy to find but it really isn't. It'd be nice if he would leave links and stuff up where people can find it. But maybe he just doesn't care or something.

But back then you would get an interview which could be different from what he actually said or he could be asked about things he didn't want/wasn't interested in talking about. Now he can get his message straight to us. Then media can do what they want but we have his account there to read what he actually said.

8 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Yeah me neither. There are lots of very sweet people tweeting him nice things, supporting him no matter what. But then others "ahre puto" and all that stupidity I just can't. :facepalm:

That's fucking terrible! I mean, Dave Mustaine basically hates Argentina now because of stupid teenagers who send him that kind of messages. These stupid kids are ruining everything!! :max:

---------------------------------------------

Back to Izzy and how he lives his life and all that, just remembered Steven's interview with Lafon. He said Izzy had told him a really cool thing which was, "It takes talent to live life". Hopefully. whatever he's doing is working for him in order to stay happy :)

• Like 1

What he was doing posting new songs and that kind of things was really cool so I think it would be a shame if he deleted his account. I hope he'll keep it and will start using it in a cool way at some point.

But... isn't that what he is using Twitter for recently? He posts a message and that's all. He ignores comments. He's using twitter exactly that way :tongue2:  If he will have any new music he will probably tweet it. What else do you want him to tweet about? :D

9 minutes ago, int8 said:

But... isn't that what he is using Twitter for recently? He posts a message and that's all. He ignores comments. He's using twitter exactly that way :tongue2:  If he will have any new music he will probably tweet it. What else do you want him to tweet about? :D

But someone recently saw him on a studio and said he's working on a new album. If he is indeed, it would be cool if he could let us know. Just a little tweet saying "new album coming out in may" or something like that would be awesome! He could be clearer about the GNR thing too. He opened the account to say he wasn't involved in the april shows but then didn't say if he wasn't gonna do it at all or what was the situation. He only reacted to Axl's lies but wasn't too specific. Steven said Izzy wants to do it but "the right way". Personally, I'd love a tweet from Izzy saying "I'm open to reuniting with Guns N' Roses as long as they're willing to do it the right way", just leaving the ball on their court :D

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

But back then you would get an interview which could be different from what he actually said or he could be asked about things he didn't want/wasn't interested in talking about. Now he can get his message straight to us. Then media can do what they want but we have his account there to read what he actually said.

That's fucking terrible! I mean, Dave Mustaine basically hates Argentina now because of stupid teenagers who send him that kind of messages. These stupid kids are ruining everything!! :max:

---------------------------------------------

Back to Izzy and how he lives his life and all that, just remembered Steven's interview with Lafon. He said Izzy had told him a really cool thing which was, "It takes talent to live life". Hopefully. whatever he's doing is working for him in order to stay happy :)

10 minutes ago, int8 said:

I want him to tweet about his undying love for me. giphy.gif Yes.  Apparently I am. :P;)

But someone recently saw him on a studio and said he's working on a new album. If he is indeed, it would be cool if he could let us know. Just a little tweet saying "new album coming out in may" or something like that would be awesome! He could be clearer about the GNR thing too. He opened the account to say he wasn't involved in the april shows but then didn't say if he wasn't gonna do it at all or what was the situation. He only reacted to Axl's lies but wasn't too specific. Steven said Izzy wants to do it but "the right way". Personally, I'd love a tweet from Izzy saying "I'm open to reuniting with Guns N' Roses as long as they're willing to do it the right way", just leaving the ball on their court :D

Izzy, some good tips for you to take into consideration! :rolleyes:

47 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

Izzy's Twitter account has probably outlived it's usefulness to him. Honestly, I think he was mainly using it to make a stink about the reunion last year. I doubt it's a coincidence that he mostly stopped posting after the tour started and it was clear that it was going to be wildly financially successful without him. Beyond that social media was never going to be a good fit for Izzy. He's too private to use it to talk about what he's doing and what he's interested in, and he hates the business too much to use it to promote himself successfully.  
He's an old man and he doesn't like to commit to shit. He was never going to find his forever love with social media.  

This.

30 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Absolutely. He should put his happiness and mental health before anything else. I just hope he is happy in his life and still doing music. Sometimes I wish that he was one of those celebs that are so open with their fans, then I remember that all that mystery that he is is a big part of what attracted me to him and his work in the first place.

What does it even mean. And what on earth can shock Dave Mustaine???

• Like 1