Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

I love his humor and I miss those days but i guess he doesn't feel like that anymore. :o

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

What does it even mean. And what on earth can shock Dave Mustaine???

"Puto" is the masculine form of "puta" that means "whore". I can't tell though the real meaning cause we don't really use it in Spain as an insult, we use it more like an adverb, like "this fucking thing" "fucking"="puto". I think they use the word as an insult in south america so maybe @BorderlineCrazy can shed some light on this matter. And i don't even know what "ahre" means (i think they use it to mean something as a joke), but i find it plain stupid.

13 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Hey they started a top 5 izzy song in the main section, I was just wondering for those who know how to do it, a link to the ranking thread posted in there might be a good idea, might bring others across. If @int8 doesn't mind.

Done;)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

I agree. I don't know if there was ever an album, though. I think people saw him recording the four songs we got and made the album leap. 

He hasn't released an album in what, seven years? I think he's fine dropping singles. 

Well, the guy who was sharing the studio with him could have been wrong but "Call Me The Breeze" is the only song that got released after that. The song was uploaded on december 17th and that guy posted a pic of Izzy in the studio on dicember 9th I think. Check this old post:

On 14/12/2016 at 4:56 AM, Darkenchantress said:

Guys, Wayne Stokely, the guy that posted the pic of Izzy on the studio has said on Twitter that Izzy is working on a new album! :dance:

So he could be wrong but it doesn't look thaaat unlikely.

27 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

Honestly this is the hard thing with being an Izzy Stradlin fan. There will be no solo shows or tour, no interviews or publicity. We have to just wait for another single a day or a month or four years from now and pray that we go to a show that Izzy just decides to show up at or hope that some weirdo at Truetone takes a pic of him in front of their guitar wall.

Frankly, I'm surprised he's even still releasing music. Not making music, which he clearly loves and will always do, but releasing it. Ten years ago he was actively still looking for label support/tour promoters etc. I don't think that's a thing for him anymore. And even top 40 acts don't make money from streaming/downloading. Sometimes I get the feeling that the only reason he has released the singles he has is to give some promotion for the people who play with him. Which is a really nice thing to do. Or to just remind people that he exists in the world.

Not Walkin' and FP Money, though- those were clearly "stick it to them" songs which I love. I like passive aggressive Izzy.   But I'm not as nice a person as you guys.

It is. I love Izzy, he's the epitome of cool and I'm always hoping to hear new things from him but that doesn't mean the communication from his side is great. It is what it is, regardless of people getting pissed off with those who mention it...

It's a shame how a guy who wrote some of the best rock songs ever struggles to get support from a fucking label. If this world wasn't so fucked up, labels should be fighting each other to get Izzy for them as soon as he shows some interest in releasing a new album. Instead, he gets relegated because people rather buy Justin Bieber's albums nowadays :vomit:

37 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

Watching GNR post this:

Ce-OZTqWIAAKNXG.jpg

And then watching Izzy post this:

Was one of my top 2016 moments. Remember one year ago when everything felt exciting as fuck? Can you believe that tweet says "From the boys who will bring you the most chaotic tour of 2016?! 

Image result for lol gif

Honestly, I don't know how I survived the excitement I had a year ago. Then things weren't near as cool as they could have. Still, watching what we now have as GNR live was definitely one of the highlights of my life (especially the little moments when they let Steven play) but I can't stop thinking about how much better it could/should have been.

6 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

"Puto" is the masculine form of "puta" that means "whore". I can't tell though the real meaning cause we don't really use it in Spain as an insult, we use it more like an adverb, like "this fucking thing" "fucking"="puto". I think they use the word as an insult in south america so maybe @BorderlineCrazy can shed some light on this matter. And i don't even know what "ahre" means (i think they use it to mean something as a joke), but i find it plain stupid.

Actually, it's so nonsensical that it's hard to explain. It's not used as an insult, the whole "ahre" (which may have other words attached to it, such as puto) thing is basically used to make it clear that your comment was a joke or sarcastic. It would be pretty much the equivalent to the "(?)" but using a made up word. It's just stupid teenagers slang. And btw, Mustaine wasn't shocked about it, he was just annoyed as fuck because a lot of stupid kids kept asking him to say that himself (which he actually did a bunch of times) and well, he doesn't seem to have the ability to ignore stupid tweets :lol:

53 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

Honestly this is the hard thing with being an Izzy Stradlin fan. There will be no solo shows or tour, no interviews or publicity. We have to just wait for another single a day or a month or four years from now and pray that we go to a show that Izzy just decides to show up at or hope that some weirdo at Truetone takes a pic of him in front of their guitar wall.

The part in bold is one of the worst things about being a Izzy fan IMO. The Aerosmith show for example. I could've gone. I was living in LA at the time and would have if I had known but since he doesn't announce anything his actual fans never get to see him live. I was so upset when I found out he was there. Same thing with the GNR shows, you always find out after the fact. It's just shitty.

5 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

It is. I love Izzy, he's the epitome of cool and I'm always hoping to hear new things from him but that doesn't mean the communication from his side is great. It is what it is, regardless of people getting pissed off with those who mention it...

It's a shame how a guy who wrote some of the best rock songs ever struggles to get support from a fucking label. If this world wasn't so fucked up, labels should be fighting each other to get Izzy for them as soon as he shows some interest in releasing a new album. Instead, he gets relegated because people rather buy Justin Bieber's albums nowadays :vomit:

Not trying to be a bitch but that's a bit of a two way street. If Izzy isn't willing to tour or do any promotion for his music then a label isn't going to take the risk on him. I mean think about it, if you had the money to sign him knowing that he wont do any shows or interviews, would you?  Izzy is talented AF and an amazing songwriter but if he doesn't want to be a part of the industry a label isn't going to change that. They'd just be throwing away their money.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Not trying to be a bitch but that's a bit of a two way street. If Izzy isn't willing to tour or do any promotion for his music then a label isn't going to take the risk on him. I mean think about it, if you had the money to sign him knowing that he wont do any shows or interviews, would you?  Izzy is talented AF and an amazing songwriter but if he doesn't want to be a part of the industry a label isn't going to change that. They'd just be throwing away their money.

Bitch! :fuckyou:

Haha just kidding, I get that but it's like the GNR thing when people say "but he's unreliable, doesn't like touring, etc". If he wants to be in a label, of course he should follow their rules but I have the impression that even if he's willing to do it, they just don't care because he won't sell as much as they want. That's what annoys me.

15 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

The part in bold is one of the worst things about being a Izzy fan IMO. The Aerosmith show for example. I could've gone. I was living in LA at the time and would have if I had known but since he doesn't announce anything his actual fans never get to see him live. I was so upset when I found out he was there. Same thing with the GNR shows, you always find out after the fact. It's just shitty.

That's what I mean about his communication. Steven is playing a benefit show next week and I've known about it since january. It would be great to know when Izzy will be doing an appearance or whatever but it is what it is.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, int8 said:

God, why I feel sorry for him... I can't laugh about deleting tweets right now.

2 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

But they still do that regardless of what he posts.

I don't care so much that he deletes the silly tweets or the ones that aren't really important but it's frustrating that he deletes the music tweets. I know he thinks his music is available worldwide and easy to find but it really isn't. It'd be nice if he would leave links and stuff up where people can find it. But maybe he just doesn't care or something.

2 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

I think I already said this but it's Izzy. The fact that he has a Twitter account is weird. :shrugs: Not gonna lie, it made me sad to see that he had deleted the tweet to us but if he felt like doing it he must have his reasons. Truth is I cannot blame him. There's people out there that are nuts as fuck tweeting at him, people asking him about GnR constantly, people that responds to every one of his tweets with "i love you" ( dude, i love him too but i don't feel the need to remind him every second) or calling him stupid things in spanish. He's always been very private and I guess it just doesn't make him comfortable, I don't really know. Whatever, I have the feeling that, as sad as it might be for us, that account isn't gonna last long.

Stinking trollers on the internet, I hate them too! 

3 hours ago, Słash said:

Maybe he thinks Twitter has some kind of Storage limit and if he tweets more then the Storage will get over or something. 

I mean Izzy is a man in his 50s, maybe he's not the greatest with social media and stuff yet. I was thinking the same thing about the "storage limit" thing. He kind of reminds me of my parents and technology sometimes. You don't even want to see my dad's Twitter account, it has some similar "quirks." 

I do appreciate Izzy's music posts though. But what he does with his social media is up to him. 

4 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I couldn't agree more. Literally the only time you could be sure of seeing Izzy live in the past 24 years is for four shows in Japan in 2000. That's crazy. People would be willing to fly to shows if they knew he was performing! Agitating. 

And you aren't being a bitch at all, your'e just being reasonable.  This interview:

http://www.snakepit.org/isrsnews.html

Stradlin has also apparently lost his appetite for self-promotion. After this interview, he called his manager, permanently canceled his press schedule and flew to Hawaii.

This was for his last album with Geffen Records. That was the last impression a major label had of him. Actions have consequences, even for rock stars. Rock music doesn't sell, period, but smaller bands and acts still find managers and labels and promoters, they tour and release records- they just work their asses off for it. You have to sell the hell out of yourself.  Really hustle. I just don't think Izzy can stomach that- that's why he "hates the business" and that's cool but no one is going to hand him anything either. 

I kind of think that Izzy just wants what he wants when he wants it, and that's fine. It is what it is and what it is is Izzy and we're just here like :shrugs:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

Great Post. At least we GNR/Izzy fans are not delusional like some Axl fans. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

I kind of think that Izzy just wants what he wants when he wants it, and that's fine. It is what it is and what it is is Izzy and we're just here like :shrugs:

@SerenityScorp, could you edit your first post in the thread and put that qu...  

Just kidding :ph34r:

• Like 1

Srsly, Meegan. Isn't it enough that your lover didn't fight hard enough for him to be back in the band? And then you go and steal his hat?  Give it the fuck back.

200w.gif

That was supposed to be in response to the Izzy hat controversy, @SerenityScorp but I dunno what I did / why it didn't quote it.... :shrugs::wacko:

Edited by Cold Jen Time
Meant to quote

As you all know Izzy is a very private guy and only reaches out when he feels like it which is obviously not often.....but u have to respect the man, his integrity and what a huge part he played in creating GNRs music....his writing talent and his unique sicopated rhythm guitar style was and is an essential part of GNR....and is noticeably and saddly missing from the current lineups sound....though it's still an awesome show....i saw them 3 times in 2016. Hopefully something can be done to make it worth his while to play at least a few AFD anniversary shows. In the meantime i feel that he's probably fairly happy living his private life in the hills above Ventura.....i actually know where he lives....and he lives fairly modestly...but I wouldn't think of ever disturbing the man as I have way to much respect for him and his privacy, though he's the one gunner....other than Slash....that I would love to have the opportunity to shake his hand and thank him for his music and what he brought to GNR

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, JMA515 said:

As you all know Izzy is a very private guy and only reaches out when he feels like it which is obviously not often.....but u have to respect the man, his integrity and what a huge part he played in creating GNRs music....his writing talent and his unique sicopated rhythm guitar style was and is an essential part of GNR....and is noticeably and saddly missing from the current lineups sound....though it's still an awesome show....i saw them 3 times in 2016. Hopefully something can be done to make it worth his while to play at least a few AFD anniversary shows. In the meantime i feel that he's probably fairly happy living his private life in the hills above Ventura.....i actually know where he lives....and he lives fairly modestly...but I wouldn't think of ever disturbing the man as I have way to much respect for him and his privacy, though he's the one gunner....other than Slash....that I would love to have the opportunity to shake his hand and thank him for his music and what he brought to GNR

I'm not sure what your post is in response to? None of us were talking about his private life...

• Like 2

@JMA515 Welcome, yes Izzy definantly comes across as a chilled out modest type of guy. 

We have talked about his integrity a lot, and it would be great to see him turn up to a couple of shows. I just hope something can be worked out, that is fair for all five originals and not at the expense of either Izzy or Steven because they feel obligated.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Archtop said:

@JMA515 Welcome, yes Izzy definantly comes across as a chilled out modest type of guy. 

We have talked about his integrity a lot, and it would be great to see him turn up to a couple of shows. I just hope something can be worked out, that is fair for all five originals and not at the expense of either Izzy or Steven because they feel obligated.

This so much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

THAT is the best! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

-----

mug15oz-whi-z1-t-avocad-no.png

Just saw this. I want it. :lol:

Thx!:lol:

I want tht too! Perfect mug for Izzy :rofl-lol: I dunno if its just a coincidence or Someone make it after the avocado incident :lol:

Edit:  Your avatar is cool:rofl-lol:

Please post it so tht I can download it

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 2