Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

2 hours ago, int8 said:

It sounds like you're going to do some awesome project (that original idea). I want to ask what it's gonna to be but I guess it's a surprise :tongue2: 

It's top secret, sorry. :ph34r:

Just kidding. I had an idea to combine a lot of his album artwork - appetite, the stilt walkers from the juju hounds, etc - into one cartoon scene. Basically showing his career from the early days till now if that makes sense. But there is no way in hell I'll have time to finish it if I start now. I'll still probably do it at some point but it wont be for his BDay.

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1

Honestly you guys will have a really good time at the show. I was sour before the show I went to last summer (no Izzy, so much fucking money, no Izzy, we had to travel quite a ways, no Izzy, stadiums suck, no Izzy etc) but I ended up enjoying it immensely. The crowd and show environment will get your adrenaline up and it is great to see Duff/Slash/Axl together. I mean it really is. For us, that gets lost under all the Izzy disappointment, but it's still a trip. I went into it expecting little interaction between the guys and for it to have a corporate feel, and I knew Axl was frankly, past his prime. And all of those things were true but hearing those guys in a live setting again and listening to music that I really love...it was worth it. 

I think Izzy has property in Spain (didn't Matt Sorum say so last summer?) and if his history of appearances hold any clues, he is most likely to show up in Spain, London, or Paris. And yes, it sucks that this is always a crap-shoot, but at least there is some hope for those audiences- he sure as hell ain't showing his ass up to Denver, you know?

Man, the agony and the ecstasy of being a GNR fan never goes away. You're unlikely to get stuck in a riot, at least. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

I think Izzy has property in Spain (didn't Matt Sorum say so last summer?) and if his history of appearances hold any clues, he is most likely to show up in Spain, London, or Paris. And yes, it sucks that this is always a crap-shoot, but at least there is some hope for those audiences- he sure as hell ain't showing his ass up to Denver, you know?

omg_girl.gif

I'd die. I don't think I'd be able to function properly if they suddenly announce Izzy in the middle of the show. :ph34r:

21 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:
It is more likely the latter for they never show Fortus in the clips...even pics are rare. There was one IG clip awhile back and Fortus had remarked excitedly that he saw his guitar in the clip, not even his face was in it. That is pretty sad you have to admit! 

Of course I DO hope it does mean something about Izzy, guess we will have to wait and see! :heart:

20 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Alright. Hope I'll be inspired that day :lol:

Yeah, not showing Fortus is not really a new thing, but showing everyone but him is weird. I think at first the videos were only about the big three and then they started to show the others a bit here and there (and I don't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure Fortus was included) while this one features everyone in the band except for Fortus. I don't think it means anything (or at least I don't wanna get my hopes up) but I found it curious :P

Fortus is the new Izzy

18 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It's funny, they aren't even touring the UK, just England :lol: 

Metallica are doing a UK tour but they haven't felt the need to seperate us from Europe. 

I still cling to the hope Izzy might fancy a trip to England :unsure:

I just so hate this idea of guest slots, popping up at random shows. It's so unfair on fans. I still have resentment that Izzy came to the UK with Axl those times but not the shows I saw. :( 

Out of all the bands I have tickets for this year, GnR is the one I'm not sure whether I'm going to like it or not and they're my favourite band ever. I don't know if I'm going to like seeing them with Frank, Fortus and Melissa there, I wonder if they're going to let me down? As opposed to Iron Maiden and Metallica who I know I'm going to love. What a weird predicament for fans. 

Not that I am not looking forward to seeing Axl, Slash and Duff. Not saying that. 

You should go,  You are lucky You can go to see Them, Some People cant go even though They want to

Dont see Other member beside The Trinity if You dont like them,  You there to see The Trinity

Dont miss Your chance to se The Trinity,  We dont know wht will happen after this

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Fortus is the new Izzy

You should go,  You are lucky You can go to see Them, Some People cant go even though They want to

Dont see Other member beside The Trinity if You dont like them,  You there to see The Trinity

Dont miss Your chance to se The Trinity,  We dont know wht will happen after this

I am going. I bought tickets to both London shows ages ago. Im not going to be backing out :) 

On 3/19/2017 at 5:13 PM, beautifulanddamned said:

I couldn't agree more. Literally the only time you could be sure of seeing Izzy live in the past 24 years is for four shows in Japan in 2000. That's crazy. People would be willing to fly to shows if they knew he was performing! Agitating. 

And you aren't being a bitch at all, your'e just being reasonable.  This interview:

http://www.snakepit.org/isrsnews.html

Stradlin has also apparently lost his appetite for self-promotion. After this interview, he called his manager, permanently canceled his press schedule and flew to Hawaii.

This was for his last album with Geffen Records. That was the last impression a major label had of him. Actions have consequences, even for rock stars. Rock music doesn't sell, period, but smaller bands and acts still find managers and labels and promoters, they tour and release records- they just work their asses off for it. You have to sell the hell out of yourself.  Really hustle. I just don't think Izzy can stomach that- that's why he "hates the business" and that's cool but no one is going to hand him anything either. 

I kind of think that Izzy just wants what he wants when he wants it, and that's fine. It is what it is and what it is is Izzy and we're just here like :shrugs:

Lol he cancelled his press and just flew to Hawaii. That's life man. My kinda guy

I mean I don't really know if Izzy needs the promoting money, he's already a millionaire off of guns.

16 minutes ago, L'HopitalsRule said:

Lol he cancelled his press and just flew to Hawaii. That's life man. My kinda guy

I mean I don't really know if Izzy needs the promoting money, he's already a millionaire off of guns.

The bolded so much. It makes me smile. My kinda guy too.  

• Like 1

Isn't that everybody's dream sometimes, to just say "fuck it all", quit the job and go to the beach? :rofl-lol:

Of course, our cool farmer is one of the few who actually did it. Gotta love him for that! :heart:

2 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Fuck yeah! Stizzy Stradler comin' in at #1!! :headbang:

Way to go, Stradler boys!! We miss you!! :wub:

The only bad thing about this list is it will bring the haters back. It is what it is.

On 3/22/2017 at 8:56 AM, Darkenchantress said:

Me too. :lol: I wish they released something with things like that for the anniversary instead of whatever blasphemy that Fernando guy is planning with the drummer that can't play and the blue haired pokemon. <_<

Blue haired Pokémon!!!!!  Hahahaha!!!  Me and a couple of the other Twitter chicks call her SugarFace. 

42 minutes ago, Cold Jen Time said:

Hey y'all - @badapple73 posted this on Twitter this morning.  117 Degrees recording demos!  Check it out!  Muah, my Izzy people! :heart:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ucrru4l1cv7s6qr/177 Degrees Sessions - The Second Album Recording Demos.rar?dl=0

It is amazing, Jen! I'm digging the version of 117º with that little production, Izzy's voice sounds great. :wub:

16 hours ago, L'HopitalsRule said:

I love that about him. He does what he feels in every moment and doesn't care. For some people it might be a problem but I wish I was like that. 

If I were Ned Flanders I would be so ashamed of what I've done to my 'forever friend'/ 'I-really-trust-whatever-he-does'/ 'I-want-to-do-music-with-him-for-the-rest-of-my-life', that me too would pretend I just forgot about his birthday :max:

But I still heart you, Ned Flanders, so be a man and get your shit together and do things right - you're better than that, I know you are :ph34r:

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Random question to give some life to the thread. Do you guys have any GnR/Izzy related tattoos?? Just curious! I'm getting Izzy's AFD skull with Dust and bones lyrics tattooed in a couple of months and I can't wait! ^_^

Cool! Tell us more... Do you know where it's gonna be? Which verse exactly? How big will be the skull? :D I wish I had tattoos on my both thighs (above knees) or on collarbones, but there's too much styles I like that I will never decide. 

BTW, it belongs here :tongue2::

PeFWWgl.png

Edited by int8

1 hour ago, int8 said:

Cool! Tell us more... Do you know where it's gonna be? Which verse exactly? How big will be the skull? :D I wish I had tattoos on my both thighs (above knees) or on collarbones, but there's too much styles I like that I will never decide. 

BTW, it belongs here :tongue2::

PeFWWgl.png

I'm out of likes but that's so me. :ph34r::lol:

Ah I love tattoos, I only got three but i want a LOT of them. It's like an addiction. I really don't know yet though, I'll just tell the guy what I want and let him work the magic, he is pretty good. It's gonna be probably on the right side of my lower back, close to the hip. And the part of the song I want tattooed is this one! :wub:

imyfnI1.jpg

• Like 1