Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

8 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Had forgotten about your question, @Darkenchantress. I have no tattoos at all so far, I've thought about it but never made up my mind so far.

Always thought that if I was going to get a tattoo, it should be the Appetite cross so if I ever get it, it will be Izzy related :P 

Yeah the AFD cross definitely rocks for a tattoo!

Izzy birthday update: I now have a guitar and a body (well, half of both) :lol: 

Spoiler

r39zY9Y.jpg

Not sure how this will turn out. His hair is too glorious on that pic and my skills are very limited. :lol:

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Cold Jen Time said:

Blue haired Pokémon!!!!!  Hahahaha!!!  Me and a couple of the other Twitter chicks call her SugarFace. 

Speaking of she kinda could be a Marill. I actually don't dislike Melissa though unlike some other members of this forum. She seems pretty cool to me and I mean no one can really hear the keyboardist except a little bit in the background.

21 minutes ago, L'HopitalsRule said:

Speaking of she kinda could be a Marill. I actually don't dislike Melissa though unlike some other members of this forum. She seems pretty cool to me and I mean no one can really hear the keyboardist except a little bit in the background.

That's the problem. She's not really needed (Unless she's doing something we don't know about). They already have Dizzy... having her up there is just one more extra "layer" to make Axl happy. :thumbsdown:

and a extra expense that could've gone towards getting Izzy & Steven back. :smiley-confused2:

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 3

I don't dislike her. I don't know her not even follow her in any social media cause I'm not interested, so I don't know if she is nice or not. But, what Kris said, she isn't needed. Waste of space and money that could be used for another thing, another one. But, it is what it is. It has always been. <_<

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

That's the problem. She's not really needed (Unless she's doing something we don't know about). They already have Dizzy... having her up there is just one more extra "layer" to make Axl happy. :thumbsdown:

and a extra expense that could've gone towards getting Izzy & Steven back. :smiley-confused2:

Exactly.  I'm sure she's a lovely person, but I can't figure out what she adds to the group.  Honestly, I've kinda wondered if Izzy just really doesn't want to come back bc of the "spectacle" Axl's created...in part by adding a blue haired chick to the line up  for no apparent reason. :shrugs:

• Like 2

Lots of people praise Axl for never hiding extra musicians on the stage with him, I agree with this decision, however I just think GnR should define themselves differently. For example the stones are Mick, Keith, Ronnie and Charlie,this is the identity that is marketed, the publicity photos etc. They have a host of musicians on stage with them, the same ones for years but the core identity isn't lost. The GnR regrouping should have marketed the trio from the start, built a stronger marketable package, if they were to do this, I don't think anybody would care who else is on the stage with them Smurfette or not.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Izzy birthday update: I now have a guitar and a body (well, half of both) :lol: 

Reveal hidden contents

r39zY9Y.jpg

Not sure how this will turn out. His hair is too glorious on that pic and my skills are very limited. :lol:

Go buy the poor man some strings! :lol:

25 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Just wondering: that horn section, Dizzy and the harmonica man, was that UYI before or after Izzy? 

Dizzy was there for the whole UYI tour but Traci, Roberta, Teddy and the horn section were brought in 1992, after Izzy was gone.

20 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Lots of people praise Axl for never hiding extra musicians on the stage with him, I agree with this decision, however I just think GnR should define themselves differently. For example the stones are Mick, Keith, Ronnie and Charlie,this is the identity that is marketed, the publicity photos etc. They have a host of musicians on stage with them, the same ones for years but the core identity isn't lost. The GnR regrouping should have marketed the trio from the start, built a stronger marketable package, if they were to do this, I don't think anybody would care who else is on the stage with them Smurfette or not.

I think it's harder to pull it off when two of your additional musicians are your drummer and one of your guitar players (who's running around punching his guitar). They could at least do it with Melissa and Dizzy but they (or Axl) seem to want it to look like they're all the band, even if 98.46% of the people couldn't care any less about those four people who aren't Slash, Axl or Duff.

I know Axl wants the line up as the band, I just think it become messy with all the interchanges.

Solo muscians get away with guitarists and drummers in the background, I think it would have worked with Axl, Slash and duff taking front stage and anybody else dropped to the back, less spotlight. 

2 hours ago, Archtop said:

1 hour ago, Archtop said:

Solo muscians get away with guitarists and drummers in the background, I think it would have worked with Axl, Slash and duff taking front stage and anybody else dropped to the back, less spotlight. 

What you guys say above. I think this is due to Axl's stubborness as well as bad management. I good, qualified management know about the core of the band (and brand), what they can do to the fans, what not and have a balance of the sound goals of the musicians and the band the audience actually wants to see. I wonder why Gnr cannot learn more from the Stones. Also in regard to the Mick/Keith issue. But well, that train's long gone... :facepalm:

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Dizzy was there for the whole UYI tour but Traci, Roberta, Teddy and the horn section were brought in 1992, after Izzy was gone.

Right, thanks. So the Vegas act happend post-Izzy. That's all I wanted to know. :lol:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Love the foto. It is bizarre to me to see Izzy in front of such a European looking citiy / canal. And I do love his Ju Ju looks. 

Haha, yeah I know what you mean. I think he loves Europe and he travelled a lot all around. That looks like Scandinavia, I think it's Copenhagen or it looks like it.

30 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Love the foto. It is bizarre to me to see Izzy in front of such a European looking citiy / canal. And I do love his Ju Ju looks. 

Right, it almost looks like it's been photoshopped.

Izzy Stradlin: Style Icon :shades: Haha, I would steal some of his looks for sure. 

13 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Haha, yeah I know what you mean. I think he loves Europe and he travelled a lot all around. That looks like Scandinavia, I think it's Copenhagen or it looks like it

Yep, I'd say it's Copenhagen too.

22 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Haha, yeah I know what you mean. I think he loves Europe and he travelled a lot all around. That looks like Scandinavia, I think it's Copenhagen or it looks like it.

Yeah I know. I seemed to enjoy Europe a bit. (Read some interviews on @downliners sites that were linked here before... ;) And yeah, looks a lot like Copenhagen.

10 hours ago, Cold Jen Time said:

Exactly.  I'm sure she's a lovely person, but I can't figure out what she adds to the group.  Honestly, I've kinda wondered if Izzy just really doesn't want to come back bc of the "spectacle" Axl's created...in part by adding a blue haired chick to the line up  for no apparent reason. :shrugs:

I wondered that myself. When I first heard that he was out of NITL I thought maybe he told them to strip it down to the two guitars, bass, a drummer + Dizzy or he wouldn't be interested. Then the loot tweet happened. :lol:

9 hours ago, Archtop said:

I like that he does try to incorporate them into the band but I think he makes a mistake not doing press with them. I know everyone hates press but when you bring in a new musician to a already well know band you need the press to help the fans form some sort of attachment to the new guy. Like with Matt for an example, everyone was against him at first but then people got to know him a bit and warmed up to him a little. Axl keeps his hired hands quiet and that's what makes them look like hired hands IMO.

7 hours ago, Tori72 said:

What you guys say above. I think this is due to Axl's stubborness as well as bad management. I good, qualified management know about the core of the band (and brand), what they can do to the fans, what not and have a balance of the sound goals of the musicians and the band the audience actually wants to see. I wonder why Gnr cannot learn more from the Stones. Also in regard to the Mick/Keith issue. But well, that train's long gone... :facepalm:

Bad management has been a massive problem in GNR. The band has always hired people because of their emotional connection to them. Not because of their qualifications. That's always going to backfire in your face at some point. I get everyone wants to work with their friends and family to help them out, but that's not always the best way to go. Plus with Axl, he wants a manager that will do what he wants, when he wants... but that's not a managers job. Sometimes they need to tell you when you're being an idiot and making shitty career choices. TB will never do that. They are way too close to Axl to manage the band properly.

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Tori72 said:

12 hours ago, int8 said:

Right, it almost looks like it's been photoshopped.

Izzy Stradlin: Style Icon :shades: Haha, I would steal some of his looks for sure. 

Yep, I'd say it's Copenhagen too.

I think its just a big photo or painting

Edited by SerenityScorp

On 27/03/2017 at 0:36 AM, Kris_1989 said:

I wondered that myself. When I first heard that he was out of NITL I thought maybe he told them to strip it down to the two guitars, bass, a drummer + Dizzy or he wouldn't be interested. Then the loot tweet happened. :lol:

I like that he does try to incorporate them into the band but I think he makes a mistake not doing press with them. I know everyone hates press but when you bring in a new musician to a already well know band you need the press to help the fans form some sort of attachment to the new guy. Like with Matt for an example, everyone was against him at first but then people got to know him a bit and warmed up to him a little. Axl keeps his hired hands quiet and that's what makes them look like hired hands IMO.

Bad management has been a massive problem in GNR. The band has always hired people because of their emotional connection to them. Not because of their qualifications. That's always going to backfire in your face at some point. I get everyone wants to work with their friends and family to help them out, but that's not always the best way to go. Plus with Axl, he wants a manager that will do what he wants, when he wants... but that's not a managers job. Sometimes they need to tell you when you're being an idiot and making shitty career choices. TB will never do that. They are way too close to Axl to manage the band properly.

Axl is unmanageable :lol: 

Laughing aside, he really is unmanageable. All those top managers he's had and none of them could get him to do a damn thing that would make any  sense. Azoff was able to get Chinese Democracy out and a great deal he got for Axl too with Best Buy, got that album off his back, but then he "pushed" for a reunion and that was him booted out the door LOL!! 

Axl manages Axl :lol:

• Like 1

I'm starting to feel guilty for eating avocados. They are so cute! :lol:

I found this Tracii Guns old interview from 2010. You've all probably read it already but he has some nice words for our most beloved avocado farmer (we need an avocado emoji, we really do).

You know, I think when Axl was in LA Guns before he did Guns N' Roses that was a defining moment for both of us personally. It was like we were two guys who had a vision, he had grown up with Izzy and I had lived with Izzy for about a year when he joined LA Guns, now Izzy Stradlin was a real visionary in terms of what should be next. What is cool, what is not cool, what is going to last, what is not going to last, and we both we got this kind of education from Izzy's attitude..so at that point Axl and I would talk about not sounding like anyone else but drawing from our influences...but making it our own and if we had a part in a song that sounded like anybody else we would change it immediately! 'Cause we both knew we had what it took to change things and get it sounding as original as possible.

http://www.uberrock.co.uk/interviews/57-june-interviews/981-tracii-guns-la-guns-interview-exclusive.html

• Like 4