Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

22 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

:lol: I can definitely see it!

What festival is that?? I know of some festival in Spain, Azkena Rock Fest, they tweeted Izzy saying they'd love to have him but as far as I know, all the bands have been announced already.

OK, now that the first excitement has cooled down, I agree with all of you. It's probably bullshit if it started on IG. A lot of people there have no clue at all, they keep posting pics of Fortus thinking it's Izzy, i even had a little argument with a girl once cause she lkept posting pics of Fortus and saying that Izzy was there :P

That's the one! I just remember them tweeting him a couple times and saying that Cheap Trick was also playing. I figured it was a long shot but since Cheap Trick was also there and he seems to be friends with Rick Neilson I thought maybe there was a chance.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Majestic Beast said:

Izzy bitching around twitter,he is a twitter addicted! No,slash's middle finger looks more hard rock than izzy's.

Whatever floats your boat. If you like Slash's middle finger better and it gives you more satisfaction, kudos to you.

• Like 3

So I've always wondered about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony players and what REALLY went down leading up to their performance.

I know that Duff pretty much put together the guys for a rehearsal the night before the big event, knowing full well that Axl and Izzy were OUT.  I was there.  The fans went INSANE!

His statement:

"I have waited up to this point to see what would become of the GNR induction into RRHOF. I would like to say THANK YOU and GRACIAS to RRHOF for the acknowledgement of our works over the years as a band. BIG THANKS to all my bandmates who helped get us to where we are today. And, of course, THANK YOU to all of the people on this planet (including, but not limited to, the entire universe and beyond, etc., etc., etc.) who have supported Guns N’ Roses from day one. Adios, Amigos!

Izzy Stradlin

LONG LIVE ROCK N ROLL!"

Looking back in hindsight it seems that Izzy was being LOYAL to Axl by not showing up in Cleveland to accept the award.  But now that the Three-union has been consummated, that stance seems a tad ridiculous.

Certainly WEIRD.  Maybe he was just too busy farming... April is right in the middle of avocado season.  Any thoughts from the Stradlin-Squad?

Rock%2BHall%2B2012%2BInduction

Edited by KURT19
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

So I've always wondered about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony players and what REALLY went down leading up to their performance.

I know that Duff pretty much put together the guys for a rehearsal the night before the big event, knowing full well that Axl and Izzy were OUT.  I was there.  The fans went INSANE!

Looking back in hindsight it seems that Izzy was being LOYAL to Axl by not showing up in Cleveland to accept the award.  But now that the Three-union has been consummated, that stance seems a tad ridiculous.

Certainly WEIRD.  Maybe he was just too busy farming... April is right in the middle of avocado season.  Any thoughts from the Stradlin-Squad?

Rock%2BHall%2B2012%2BInduction

When the band was inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, Izzy set up a meeting with Axl at an LA Hotel. He wanted to get an agreement for the original band to play together one last time - do the fuckin' reunion there in that moment and then say 'Thank you, good fuckin' night.' After waiting for two hours for Axl to show, he drove home to Ojai. No-show Axl had made him miserable one more fuckin' time. - Alan Niven

http://teamrock.com/feature/2014-06-04/opinion-why-izzy-stradlin-was-the-heart-of-guns-n-roses

You'll have to consider the source with this quote but if this story is true I don't think it had to do with supporting Axl. But then again, he also went and played with Axl a few months later so he obviously wasn't too mad about the hotel incident (if it even happened)

I've also heard that they charge quite a hefty fee to attend the RRHOF (Even charge for family) so that also could've been a factor. Izzy doesn't seem like the type that would want to dish out a bunch of cash for an event especially if they were going to charge him for his wife and whoever else he would be bringing with him.

I wouldn't doubt it being something as simple as having to deal with the farm, though. I remember in that 2006 Tunecore interview Izzy said he can only travel in the summer so maybe it is those dang avocados again. :P

Speaking of the RRHOF though, did any of you guys get really irritated with Green Day inducting them? That whole Axl is crazy comment was so unnecessary and disrespectful. I remember watching that thinking "Wtf dude... You guys cant give them one night just to celebrate their accomplishments without slinging mud?" What would they have done if Axl had gone? Insult him with him standing right there? You can't blame Axl for not showing up.

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

You'll have to consider the source with this quote but if this story is true I don't think it had to do with supporting Axl. But then again, he also went and played with Axl a few months later so he obviously wasn't too mad about the hotel incident (if it even happened)

I've also heard that they charge quite a hefty fee to attend the RHOF (Even charge for family) so that also could've been a factor. Izzy doesn't seem like the type that would want to dish out a bunch of cash for an event especially if they were going to charge him for his wife and whoever else he would be bringing with him.

I don't believe that story about the hotel for the exact reason that you mentioned above...

And YES, it is apparently $ 10,000 a person to attend the ceremony.  The Induction itself includes only ONE COMPLIMENTARY TICKET.  :wow:  Any spouse or children or friends MUST PAY UP.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kmartin9928 said:

Is Izzy inducted or because he didn't show up he is not in the ROck and roll hall of fame?  I always wondered that?  I thought Axl is not.. maybe I am wrong?

From the Rock Hall:

Category:

Performers

Members:

• Axl Rose
  •  
  • Slash
  •  
  • Duff McKagan
  •  
  • Izzy Stradlin
  •  
  • Steven Adler
  •  
  • Dizzy Reed
  •  
  • Matt Sorum

5 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

I don't believe that story about the hotel for the exact reason that you mentioned above...

And YES, it is apparently $ 10,000 a person to attend the ceremony.  The Induction itself includes only ONE COMPLIMENTARY TICKET.  :wow:  Any spouse or children or friends MUST PAY UP.

That's crazy. :o I knew it was a lot but not that much.

8 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

That's a good reason right there, don't forget the man doesn't like wasting money:lol:

Also, maybe he didn't want to make a speech in public. 

• Like 3

I don't know to  much about the RRHOF, but from what I see it's fairly inconsistent. Please  correct me if I'm wrong but Axl really wanted his current and some past members to be acknowledged? But  they were omitted by the organisation. On the same night chilli peppers were inducted and there newbie guitar player was inducted - How does that work? It seems the RRHOF is a great idea as long as the band are on good terms with all participants past and present look at the Kiss induction and Pearl jam are currently having problems with ex drummer Dave Abruzzese.

I believe in the hotel meeting, and I want to believe Izzy went there with the intention of working out how Axl,  NuGuns, past participants could reach an agreement and accept the membership. I think if it had worked out he would have said a little something - he does seem to be a man of few words and not like public speaking but we know this of Slash as well and he managed it. 

I don't think this was just an Axl thing, given that people were not talking at the time, it must have been a nightmare.Izzy always comes across as willing to talk and open to discussion but when communication breaks down he walks, he does seem like an all or nothing kind of guy, perhaps his part of the problem?

I found Izzy's  little "thank you" via Duff really disrespectful it came across as an afterthought, he should have put some effort into it or why bother.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I don't know to  much about the RRHOF, but from what I see it's fairly inconsistent. Please  correct me if I'm wrong but Axl really wanted his current and some past members to be acknowledged? But  they were omitted by the organisation. On the same night chilli peppers were inducted and there newbie guitar player was inducted - How does that work? It seems the RRHOF is a great idea as long as the band are on good terms with all participants past and present look at the Kiss induction and Pearl jam are currently having problems with ex drummer Dave Abruzzese.

I believe in the hotel meeting, and I want to believe Izzy went there with the intention of working out how Axl,  NuGuns, past participants could reach an agreement and accept the membership. I think if it had worked out he would have said a little something - he does seem to be a man of few words and not like public speaking but we know this of Slash as well and he managed it. 

I don't think this was just an Axl thing, given that people were not talking at the time, it must have been a nightmare.Izzy always comes across as willing to talk and open to discussion but when communication breaks down he walks, he does seem like an all or nothing kind of guy, perhaps his part of the problem?

I found Izzy's  little "thank you" via Duff really disrespectful it came across as an afterthought, he should have put some effort into it or why bother.

I agree with you about Izzy's statement. It did seem a little disrespectful but I also think the whole thing was just handled so poorly. I can't remember who said it (Axl maybe?) that the whole induction was just trying to force the band to reunite for the RRHOF's own personal gain. Whether that be financially or for the PR they would've received. That was kind of my interpretation of it as well. Also, from Duff's book it seems like none of them were really all that interested in the RRHOF until Duff received a letter from a fan that made him reevaluate things.

Here is what Duff had to say in his book about the whole thing for those of you that haven't read it:

Spoiler

AQU8N0V.png

FjTbxLR.png

YJFnReM.png

b3Ybgqz.png

IhgBTrj.png

NKKLgEg.png

After reading that Fan letter again it's so depressing that it's 2017 and we have still yet to see all of the appetite 5 on friendly terms... There is always one on the outs. :(

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I agree with you about Izzy's statement. It did seem a little disrespectful but I also think the whole thing was just handled so poorly. 

That's a constant in the world of GNR and it seems that it won't change anytime soon.

15 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I like the fact that Izzy and Axl didn't go to the hall of fame. 

Never watched any of the footage. Never will. 

Why? If you don't mind me asking.

Good post Kris, it is really is depressing and I hope Duff remembers that letter when tour negotiations are made.

It does ultimately seem that in the end the band and management are were highly disfunctional human beings who couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery let alone talk to each other.

As for the RRHOF trying to cash in on a GnR reunion, perhaps it could be perceived that way, it could be said about many other bands they have inducted. All in all most seem to rise above it on the night and acknowledge it as an oppertunity to thank the fans, but I still think the criteria to be inducted is inconsistant and open to controversy and ultimately Axls main bugbear.

Oh and yes Kriss the jab by Billy J Armstrong in an induction speech made me fume ? 

@KURT19 You were at the induction? or am I miss understanding your post. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

That's a constant in the world of GNR and it seems that it won't change anytime soon.

Why? If you don't mind me asking.

To be honest, when I read about the crowd booed Axl when his name was read out it put me off. And I know he deserves 99.9% of the shit he gets, but at that moment just let it go, y'know? I don't care for that kind of pantomime shit. Not bothered about the performance either. 

Didnt know Billie Joe had said a stupid remark about him being crazy, which is great cos I'm seeing green day in a couple of weeks :lol: 

Just that really. It's just a personal reason to me I guess that others might think is silly but that's why :) 

Ive never watched the Golden Gods stuff either, but that's a whole other issue :lol:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders