Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

The bus burning picture. I saw this on facebook, Jimmy Ashurst posted it and there was a discussion how there was a race to get the ponchos because it was cold... There was a great affection for the tour and that bus... I will to see if I cant find that thread....

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, pacu44 said:

The bus burning picture. I saw this on facebook, Jimmy Ashurst posted it and there was a discussion how there was a race to get the ponchos because it was cold... There was a great affection for the tour and that bus... I will to see if I cant find that thread....

"I don't remember if we cancelled one for that reason or not. It happened outside of Durango, Colorado when our crew bus simply caught on fire and finally burned all the way to the ground. There was nothing we could do about it other than get the crew guys off the bus and watch it burn. Izzy's girlfriend at the time Annica got her camera out and since we had recently come from Mexico we all had ponchos from there and we put them all on and took pictures in front of the burning bus. If there’s one thing I would like to see from that period is, those photos...they must have been amazing... Anyway I thought we had made wherever the next show was by airplane..."

Ju Ju Hounds Izzy is my favorite Izzy era! I love this one from the Niven photoshoot too:

Image result for izzy stradlin iconicpix 1992

pixel.gif

I also love Izzy in the first 12 seconds of this video:

Patiently waiting for Axl.  That being said, the rest of those NuGuns fools should have let him go first. Show some respect!

• Like 3

Thanks for the story about the burning bus, guys, happy to know Izzy didn't set it on fire :lol:

9 hours ago, Jane M. said:

:wub:

Looks like he's telling somebody "listen to me carefully, I won't go back to Guns N' Roses":rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

That must be him every time he checks the mentions on Twitter (Cause we all know he does, right? :awesomeface:) I always see a lot of people tweeting him in spanish or portuguese and I wonder if he even understand what they say. I hope he doesn't  :facepalm: 

17 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

burning_bus.jpg

Why is the bus on fire? Why does Izzy look like he started the fire? :lol: Why is he wearing a poncho?? So many questions...

Yep as said in other posts its from the juju hounds tour, the ponchos were gifts, apparently Chalo refused one because he felt they were stereotyping Mexicans.

Also it was the bands bus and when the bus burnt out everyone had to climb on the bus that was shared by Izzy, Anneca and the dogs.

jimmy does mention it on his Facebook several years back.  It was also mentioned in an interview, again I think it was a Jimmy story.

Does anyone know what the rest of the juju hounds are doing? I know Rick pops up with Izzy and he did a George's Satilite reunion but the others?

Edited by Archtop

So I've always wondered this about the appearance of Axl and Izzy with the Rolling Stones during a 1989 pay-per-view event...

Why was it just the two of them?  And why just those two?  

What happened to Slash or Duff or Steven?  Weird.

And the cameraman should have zoomed in on Izzy WAY MORE than he did!

a798d253feZWMCPGO_11228_a7a134464b.jpg

Paul-Natkin-Getty-Images1.jpg?w=630&h=42

Edited by KURT19

14 hours ago, KURT19 said:

So I've always wondered this about the appearance of Axl and Izzy with the Rolling Stones during a 1989 pay-per-view event...

Why was it just the two of them?  And why just those two?  

What happened to Slash or Duff or Steven?  Weird.

And the cameraman should have zoomed in on Izzy WAY MORE than he did!

If I recall correctly, they toured together as a part of the Stones "Steel wheels tour and tbey invited Axl to join them. It's on the  Watch you bleed book, don't really know how accurate it is but it says Axl put two conditios, to choose the song and that Izzy had to be there too, I guess as a favor to his friend given that Izzy is a big Stones fan.

Out of likes but love the videos!!!

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 3

The second part about Axl being late and Izzy having to deal with Stones waiting for Axl is on the book too. I just can imagine Izzy being surrounded by his idols inquiring him about his singer :lol: The first part is probably how you told it, this book I'm reading is full of inaccuracies anyway. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kmartin9928 said:

Izzy is back at it again.. he deleted his tweet about Happy Holidays!! Usually he tweets and deletes but this time he just deleted.. ???

Izzy please tweet something even a Hello!! I no read this forum so please make my weekend.. it's going to snow here..

Well... bah humbug to him, then. :P