Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

On 11/01/2017 at 3:28 PM, Blackstar said:

The "Izzy doesn't move on stage" thing came from Izzy's last shows with GnR, when he indeed wasn't moving or interacting (apparently because he couldn't have it anymore). I don't think Axl meant that Izzy doesn't move in general, but some people took that comment and created the myth of Izzy not having stage presence.

it was actually axl nonsense

i dont remember the full story in details but axl gave a contract for izzy to sign saying that izzy should make less money because, among other things, izzy didnt move much onstage

that shows you pretty much all you need to know about axl's state of mind back then and why izzy left GNR

5 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Watermarks suck. :bitchfight: But here is a bunch of pics to :wub: over anyway. :P

Ogjz5Fx.png

Thank you for sharing those pictures! Some of them were new to me and this one is just...:wub: 

(Also, hello everyone! Have been lurking here for a while :ph34r: @Darkenchantress has been encouraging me to post here more x)

Edited by jasmineneedspatience
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, jasmineneedspatience said:

Thank you for sharing those pictures! Some if them were new to me and this one is just...:wub: 

(Also, hello everyone! Have been lurking here for a while :ph34r: @Darkenchantress has been encouraging me to post here more x)

Welcome, love!!! :hug:

@Kris_1989 those pics... some of them are new to me too! :wub:

9 minutes ago, Rayno said:

Actually I think it's nice of him and I mean Izzy would feel the same way. Richard's been always showing big respect for Izzy. Great guitar player if you ask me.

I know and i didn't say the opposite. I like Fortus (well, apart from his spasms on stage xD) and i think he is a very good guitarist but is obvious that Izzy is a big inspiration and that sometimes he "tries too hard". Nothing bad, is not that Izzy invented his style, Keith Richards or Johnny Thunders were there first.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Welcome, love!!! :hug:

@Kris_1989 those pics... some of them are new to me too! :wub:

I know and i didn't say the opposite. I like Fortus (well, apart from his spasms on stage xD) and i think he is a very good guitarist but is obvious that Izzy is a big inspiration and that sometimes he "tries too hard". Nothing bad, is not that Izzy invented his style, Keith Richards or Johnny Thunders were there first.

True. And I also mean Axl chose Gilby and Richard also because they look similar to Izzy. I know it sounds funny or ridiculous, but I really mean it was on purpose. I am pretty sure THOUSANDS of people attending GN'R concerts think it's Izzy up there playing next to Duff. They don't read magazines or anything. I also like the fact both Gilby and Richard have the same stories about people calling them "Izzy".

Edited by Rayno
  • Like 3