Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

I love that everyone in the other threads is trying to defend the Axl 10 seconds thing... He pretty much did the same thing to Izzy in 2006. :rolleyes:

Starts at 1:47

:facepalm: I can't with this guy.

Honestly, I don't think an AFD reunion is possible anymore. Steven has now spoken so much for the Holy Trinity's liking probably. Izzy seems to be like SO done with their shit and Axl, well, he is still Axl. 

3 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Honestly, I don't think an AFD reunion is possible anymore. Steven has now spoken so much for the Holy Trinity's liking probably. Izzy seems to be like SO done with their shit and Axl, well, he is still Axl.

I don't think so either. I think the big 3 will tour until the hype dies down and then walk away with their loot and be done with it. Slash can fund his solo stuff again. Duff can retire or do whatever. Axl will have replenished his money to feed the leeches. It's a win/win for those 3. 

I really hope Steven gets another gig at some point. I'd love to see him be successful with another band. Especially as a big :hahafyou: to the big 3.

With Izzy, I don't know... I really hope he doesn't do the one or two song thing for the 30th. He's better than that. :shrugs: Keep doing your solo stuff, Izzy, you don't need the goons! :heart: Or fuck it... just go drone race. Anything is better than being a part of the circus "machine". :lol:

Edited by Kris_1989

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I wasn't able to listen to Steven's interview with Eddie Trunk. I read in the interview thread that he said he tried to play a third song at one of the shows which was Rocket Queen, but they turned the sound off.

@Kris_1989 or anyone else who listened to it, did Steven really say that?

I don't remember any talk about RQ or a third song.

10 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

He said that they shut the lights out and turned the sound off at the Nashville show, I think? It was either Nashville or Argentina. He was kind of jumping back and forth between those dates when he was talking about that part.

I love that everyone in the other threads is trying to defend the Axl 10 seconds thing... He pretty much did the same thing to Izzy in 2006. :rolleyes:

And @MillionsOfSpiders you aren't allowed to leave. Sorry, you're stuck with us. :hug:

what the fuck Axl :rofl-lol:

I just heard on the news The big lottery jackpot winner was from Lafeyette Indiana.. izzy is the winner and now doesn't have to share the loot??? 

The first thing I thought of when they said the winner was from Lafayette Indiana I thought of Izzy.. Is that a bad thing or is it I just miss him.. Izzy please post more videos and tweets.. Please..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

He said that they shut the lights out and turned the sound off at the Nashville show, I think? It was either Nashville or Argentina. He was kind of jumping back and forth between those dates when he was talking about that part.

And @MillionsOfSpiders you aren't allowed to leave. Sorry, you're stuck with us. :hug:

What is this? Axl not talking to Izzy? Because maybe they've talked befor or will later? There seems to be a story behind it, that I don't know? Sorry, I'm always so clueless.

I feel so sorry for the 30th anniversary. I also think doing nothing will be better than anything Fernando will be coming up with. But then again, that would be the last time, the last possibility to see them all together again. Only that they won't be playing all together again. I know I'm not making sense. I wanna see the 5 of them.

I really miss Izzy and some new stuff of him. I wanna see him play, new songs, an interview, shows. I want it all. :shrugs:

13 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

8 hours ago, Jane M. said:

I don't remember any talk about RQ or a third song.

13 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

At least he was hugging Izzy on stage :P

"I thought you were meeting us in Spain" :lol:and then he says something about Izzy being religious:

Axl is Axl, Izzy is Izzy... They are all who they are (it's more difficult to tell about Duff). Steven is the most innocent (although not innocent) and he's been treated awfully in this situation, no doubt. But I don't take everything he says for granted; for example, he says his back was healed at the time of the April shows while his mom said it wasn't; or that he was going to play most of the set (from what @Eddie Money said it seems it wasn't the case, although he was intended to play more than two songs in the April shows). I think he's honest and tells what he felt and his understanding was, but I don't think he's completely credible (there is a difference between lying and not being credible).

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Axl is Axl, Izzy is Izzy... They are all who they are (it's more difficult to tell about Duff). Steven is the most innocent (although not innocent) and he's been treated awfully in this situation, no doubt. But I don't take everything he says for granted; for example, he says his back was healed at the time of the April shows while his mom said it wasn't; or that he was going to play most of the set (from what @Eddie Money said it seems it wasn't the case, although he was intended to play more than two songs in the April shows). I think he's honest and tells what he felt and his understanding was, but I don't think he's completely credible (there is a difference between lying and not being credible).

But Steven said "my undestanding was" when talking about what he was going to play, he didn't claim it was a definite fact.

About his back, I think he wanted to ignore doctor's recommendation and play at The Troubadour because he was feeling fine and it was the gig he dreamed about forever but I think it would have been stupid of him and the band made the right decision not letting him play any of the april shows. Why they didn't let him be part of the band when they started the tour in june, that's another story and... well, let's not get into that again, please, this is killing me :cry: lol

Question about the Izzy/negotiations thing (Maybe you'll know, @Eddie Money?):

Was Izzy only in negotiations for a couple shows (few songs per show)? So if Izzy had accepted their offer he would've played in Vegas and Mexico City but not with Adler? Then they'd have Adler in Ohio and Nashville?

Basically just teasing the AFD 5 but still telling the fans F you at the same time?

It just doesn't make sense... :question:

Edited by Kris_1989

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

)

But Steven said "my undestanding was" when talking about what he was going to play, he didn't claim it was a definite fact.

About his back, I think he wanted to ignore doctor's recommendation and play at The Troubadour because he was feeling fine and it was the gig he dreamed about forever but I think it would have been stupid of him and the band made the right decision not letting him play any of the april shows. Why they didn't let him be part of the band when they started the tour in june, that's another story and... well, let's not get into that again, please, this is killing me :cry: lol

I know, but I wonder how there could be such a misunderstanding; unless they were treating him like a child (e.g. he was saying "I'll play this and that" and they were saying "yes, yes, Stevie") which they shouldn't have.

As for the tour, I wonder too why they didn't let him play more songs in the shows he appeared, since he was intended to play them in the April shows. I wish the other side (preferably Duff or Slash, not Axl) would talk and we had their version of things.

Edited by Blackstar

56 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Question about the Izzy/negotiations thing (Maybe you'll know, @Eddie Money?):

Was Izzy only in negotiations for a couple shows (few songs per show)? So if Izzy had accepted their offer he would've played in Vegas and Mexico City but not with Adler? Then they'd have Adler in Ohio and Nashville?

Basically just teasing the AFD 5 but still telling the fans F you at the same time?

It just doesn't make sense... :question:

No, remember Steven was going to be there since the beginning before the injury. It looks like they could have been at the same shows. Not sure about them getting to play a song together, though.

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I know, but I wonder how there could be such a misunderstanding; unless they were treating him like a child (e.g. he was saying "I'll play this and that" and they were saying "yes, yes, Stevie") which they shouldn't have.

As for the tour, I wonder too why they didn't let him play more songs in the shows he appeared, since he was intended to play them in the April shows. I wish the other side (preferably not Axl) would talk and we had their version of things.

I think Eddie Money said Axl had to agree with Slash and Duff advice/suggestion of what songs Steven could/should play. What I imagine is they decided to rehearse with Steven all the songs he mentioned in the interview (Appetite, some Lies, some UYI) but that didn't mean he was actually going to be playing them all. Maybe they wanted to see which ones worked better and then they had to go through Axl's filter too.

• Like 2

I don't know about you, guys, but I'm finding a new love for Steven i didn't know I had :lol: It must be all the stupid non sense hate I read on the main section, it brings out the worst in me. :ph34r:

P.S. I love you too, Stradlin. Don't get mad at me. :heart:

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Yup, they're coming to save us from the evil Slaxl :lol:

Hey, leave the Slaxl alone!! :max: Though I love Stizzy, bring the Stizzy. But, man, the name Stradler, that's pure genius. It's like the best couple name ever, it just fits. Brangelina, MerDer, Kimye, it sounds dumb near the genius of Stradler. ok. I'll shut up now :ph34r::P 

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 3