Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

40 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

I actually like one thing about that Fortus video. He says "I play for GnR". At least he doesn't pretend he is GnR. :lol:

Omg, yes, I noticed that too. Once I wanted to make some jokes about him (sometimes I come up with the most stupid ideas :facepalm:), so I did research and in the older videos he used to say "Hi, I'm Richard Fortus from GnR", but in the recent ones he says either "I play with GnR" or "I'm on tour with GnR". So I thought 'Well, Richard, you're off the hook this time' and I left him alone :lol:

Edited by int8

Oh, I've been wanting to tell someone who would appreciate this and who better than you chicks?  I was talking with my friend the other day and she said somehow the subject of me being obsessed with the Iz came up when she was talking to her ex-husband.  She said the ex looked at her and said, "Well, of course, she is.  Why wouldn't she be?  Who do you think wrote all their best songs?  It was that guy."  I told her she should remarry him.:dance::lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Wow! So happy that you saw Izzy at Wembley! I'm jealous! You are so lucky. After all these years I've come to accept that I'll never see him live. :no: 

I feel the same and it sucks. Back in 2007 (can't believe it's been 10 years!) I got to see Slash, Duff and Matt (VR), then Steven and then even Gilby (with Eric Dover :heart:). In 2010 I finally got to see Axl (and that keyboard player I don't give a shit about :lol:) and almost completed the list. But Izzy, I feel I have a bigger chance of seeing Tracey and Roberta :(

Izzy never played in Argentina, Rock In Rio 1991 was the only time he came to South America. A few years ago, the same promoters who always bring Steven and Slash and Duff (and even Axl once) were working on a Izzy / Adler's Appetite tour (AKA a Stizzy tour) but for whatever reason, it didn't work out. After that, I lost all hope. I got some hope again with this reunion thing and... you know how that went :cry: 

3 hours ago, Cold Jen Time said:

I REFUSE, however, to pay out the ass for a ticket this time around in the states, though, unless I get Stizzy.  I can't believe they're asking the same *outrageous* amount for tix and giving us nothing different.  I mean, I can believe it, bc it's the GNR "machine" these days.  But it still pisses me off.

I am cutting them some slack...only because they are hitting cities they have not been to before. Like for instance, I am going to the San Antonio show this Sept. and last year some people were not able to go to Arlington or Houston to see them. For *those* peeps, this will be the 1st time seeing Guns. Now if they tour again in 2018 hitting the same cities with the same setlist, hell yeah then I will start bitchin and moanin lol! :lol:

7 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

I still haven't decided if I'm going to go see GNR in Texas either. On one hand I figure I might as well go and then be done with it. To have some sort of closure... But on the other hand I don't want to contribute to the circus. :facepalm:

6 hours ago, int8 said:

I have the same problem with GnR as you do. Tickets are still available, so I'm gonna decide in the last days before the gig.

I recommend both of you to go. I know this band is far from how awesome the real deal was but it's still amazing and I promise you'll have a wonderful time. Don't miss the chance. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I feel the same and it sucks. Back in 2007 (can't believe it's been 10 years!) I got to see Slash, Duff and Matt (VR), then Steven and then even Gilby (with Eric Dover :heart:). In 2010 I finally got to see Axl (and that keyboard player I don't give a shit about :lol:) and almost completed the list. But Izzy, I feel I have a bigger chance of seeing Tracey and Roberta :(

Izzy never played in Argentina, Rock In Rio 1991 was the only time he came to South America. A few years ago, the same promoters who always bring Steven and Slash and Duff (and even Axl once) were working on a Izzy / Adler's Appetite tour (AKA a Stizzy tour) but for whatever reason, it didn't work out. After that, I lost all hope. I got some hope again with this reunion thing and... you know how that went :cry: 

Wow, never thought about that. Izzy never played Argentina? So many of us long term GnR fans haven't seen Izzy, how sad is that? 

I would say Axl needs a kick in the nuts or something, to wake him up and bring Izzy back - but I think they had him castrated some time around 2015, beginning of 2016  :rofl-lol:

Im going to cling on to the hope I'll get to see Izzy someday, whether with GnR or on his own, I'm not fussed. 

How did Gilby do when you saw him. I don't mean to be horrible, but when I saw him on his own in a little club in Birmingham UK he was absolutely terrible. His singing was worse than the sound my cat makes when I tread on his tail :lol:

It made me wonder how he made it into GnR. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

26 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I recommend both of you to go. I know this band is far from how awesome the real deal was but it's still amazing and I promise you'll have a wonderful time. Don't miss the chance. 

We'll see. I'll probably end up waiting till last minute then deciding.

2 minutes ago, G-Money said:

Dude... that footer pic is great! lol

Thanks! :P

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

I am cutting them some slack...only because they are hitting cities they have not been to before. Like for instance, I am going to the San Antonio show this Sept. and last year some people were not able to go to Arlington or Houston to see them. For *those* peeps, this will be the 1st time seeing Guns. Now if they tour again in 2018 hitting the same cities with the same setlist, hell yeah then I will start bitchin and moanin lol! :lol:

fair enough....

12 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Wow, never thought about that. Izzy never played Argentina? So many of us long term GnR fans haven't seen Izzy, how sad is that? 

I would say Axl needs a kick in the nuts or something, to wake him up and bring Izzy back - but I think they had him castrated some time around 2015, beginning of 2016  :rofl-lol:

Im going to cling on to the hope I'll get to see Izzy someday, whether with GnR or on his own, I'm not fussed. 

How did Gilby do when you saw him. I don't mean to be horrible, but when I saw him on his own in a little club in Birmingham UK he was absolutely terrible. His singing was worse than the sound my cat makes when I tread on his tail :lol:

Well He made it as a rythm guitarist not a singer

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah, he's never played here. I hope he will someday but I'm not holding my breathe because it looks unlikely :(

I saw Gilby twice (2007 with Eric and 2015 opening for God Slash) and he was fine. He played well and sang decently (not as good as Izzy, though :P) so I don't know what to tell you, he probably does hate you :rofl-lol:

3 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

We'll see. I'll probably end up waiting till last minute then deciding.

Well, I'm not gonna tell you what to do (don't have that much power :D) but I'm sure you would regret it a lot more if you miss it than if you go and don't enjoy it that much. I mean, forget about the GNR name, the setlist, the employees, Axl and Duff, it should be illegal to miss a chance to see Slash, he's greater than life (and it's not up to discussion! :bitchfight:).

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Well, I'm not gonna tell you what to do (don't have that much power :D) but I'm sure you would regret it a lot more if you miss it than if you go and don't enjoy it that much. I mean, forget about the GNR name, the setlist, the employees, Axl and Duff, it should be illegal to miss a chance to see Slash, he's greater than life (and it's not up to discussion! :bitchfight:).

But that's the thing, I've seen Slash and Duff with Velvet Revolver in Sacramento before they went all Harvey Dent on us.

giphy.gif

And I was going to see GNR when they were in San Fran (only an hour from me) but sold my tickets last minute. I never got to see GNR live before they split and it just feels so wrong to see a incomplete version of it. 

Or maybe I'm just afraid I'll go and like it. That's what they do, you know, they get you alone and the next thing you know you're hanging up Richard Fortus pictures on your wall and on the forum talking about the "partnership." :smiley-confused2:

If they add a LA date or other California dates I'll go but I'm waiting till the last minute to decide for TX.

Edited by Kris_1989