Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

I'm more lost than Jon Snow on Mother's Day. :shrugs:

I'm listening to Ride on while drawing (my humble gift for the birthday man might be done in time, yay!) and I think I haven't paid the attention it deserved before, it has some pretty cool songs. Others are just funny (Here comes the rain, I'm looking at you) gotta love Izzy's humor. :lol: 

Edited by Darkenchantress

5 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

I'm more lost than Jon Snow on Mother's Day. :shrugs:

I'm listening to Ride on while drawing (my humble gift for the birthday man might be done in time, yay!) and I think I haven't paid the attention it deserved before, it has some pretty cool songs. Others are just funny (Here comes the rain, I'm looking at you) gotta love Izzy's humor. :lol: 

Here comes the rain always makes me laugh because of that one matt sorum interview about it. :lol:

4 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

I'm lost :wacko: What are You Guys talking about?

I cant see vimeo cause its banned in here

Some douche bag who does the pro shots for GNR posted that GNR was reuniting at the troubadour tonight and that he would release all of the troubadour footage from last year today. The whole thing was a "joke" :rolleyes:

Just now, Darkenchantress said:

WHich one are we talking about? :ph34r:

It was a really really old interview. I'm not sure if I'll be able to find it again.

Basically he was saying how easy it is for Izzy to write songs. That he can just be watching the weather channel and then poof there's 'Here Comes the Rain'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

It was a really really old interview. I'm not sure if I'll be able to find it again.

Basically he was saying how easy it is for Izzy to write songs. That he can just be watching the weather channel and then poof there's 'Here Comes the Rain'.

Ah thanks! 

Yeah, Sorum's is right. I actually love that about Izzy's songwriting, is so simple and effective. He could write something like: "there's a big avocado on my favorite tree, the sun is shining, my dog just took a shit." and it probably would still sound good. :lol:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Ah thanks! 

Yeah, Sorum's is right. I actually love that about Izzy's songwriting, is so simple and effective. He could write something like: "there's a big avocado on my favorite tree, the sun is shining, my dog just took a shit." and it probably would still sound good. :lol:

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I think that might be your bias coming through a little bit. :P

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Izzymacbeth said:

Off topic but can we not call ourselves the Ju Ju Hounds and not the NO! gang? 

Something a bit more Izzy Stradlin and less Scooby Doo? 

I enjoy reading this daily so thanks guys. 

I like Scooby Doo. :shrugs:

Welcome!!! :lol:

Ah, what would become of us without some pictures of awkward looking Izzy? :wub:

tumblr_ons17rclGE1vkt6tqo1_1280.png

tumblr_ons2rbZXCQ1vkt6tqo4_540.png

Credits to katyaani on tumblr.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Izzymacbeth said:

Off topic but can we not call ourselves the Ju Ju Hounds and not the NO! gang? 

Something a bit more Izzy Stradlin and less Scooby Doo? 

I enjoy reading this daily so thanks guys. 

I like the No name. Its dorky and so are we. :lol: Plus the juju hounds disbanded quickly, we cant have that happen to our gang.

1 hour ago, KURT19 said:

Dear Izzy,

You've got mail...

giphy.gif

:P

33 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

I like Scooby Doo. :shrugs:

Welcome!!! :lol:

Ah, what would become of us without some pictures of awkward looking Izzy? :wub:

tumblr_ons17rclGE1vkt6tqo1_1280.png

tumblr_ons2rbZXCQ1vkt6tqo4_540.png

Credits to katyaani on tumblr.

They all look so young there. :wub: This might be a stupid question but whose the blonde in the first one?

40 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I like the No name. Its dorky and so are we. :lol: Plus the juju hounds disbanded quickly, we cant have that happen to our gang.

giphy.gif

:P

They all look so young there. :wub: This might be a stupid question but whose the blonde in the first one?

Ok I totally know it's not her, but I swear that kinda looks like Sue Holmes McKagan. :lol::shrugs:

This popped on my FB feed and wow, there's a lot of beautiful sad looking Izzy at the beginning, never watched it before :wub:

BTW, I had an argument one day with someone on the main section about Patience not being an Izzy song. Well, Axl himself says it at the beginning: "written and put together by Mr Izzy Stradlin". So, yeah, I was right. :awesomeface:

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

This popped on my FB feed and wow, there's a lot of beautiful sad looking Izzy at the beginning, never watched it before :wub:

BTW, I had an argument one day with someone on the main section about Patience not being an Izzy song. Well, Axl himself says it at the beginning: "written and put together by Mr Izzy Stradlin". So, yeah, I was right. :awesomeface:

That's new for me too! :o:wub:

Spoiler

I miss Izzy and Steven playing shows so much. :(

3 minutes ago, Stizzyfan01 said:

My Izzy birthday wish is Guns wishing Izzy a happy birthday and telling us he is joining Guns.. what a great gift it would be.. I am not countIng on it

You probably wont get guns but I think Duff or Slash will. Mostly likely Susan for sure. 99.9% sure Susan is a unofficial No Gang member. I remember when the news first broke about Izzy not being involved she was liking tweets about Izzy belonging in GNR left and right.

1 hour ago, Darkenchantress said:

OMG.  Patience is SO an a Izzy song. I've always heard it's about Angela.  Which makes me insanely and unrealistically jealous.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I managed to get WIFI in the hotel I'm at, so hello from Lyon to you all, just spent nearly 7 hours on trains and I'm  exhausted. 

Anyway  what's new? Ha ha 

Same old, same old...

Izzy being quiet and probably lurking. People arguing about Izzy & Steven in the main section as always.

So... business as usual really. :P

I'm jealous about Lyon. Next time you need somebody to carry your bags let me know!

------

I've been sketching out my Izzy Bday project for the past hour or so. It's never going to be done in time... :unsure:

Edited by Kris_1989

27 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I managed to get WIFI in the hotel I'm at, so hello from Lyon to you all, just spent nearly 7 hours on trains and I'm  exhausted. 

Anyway  what's new? Ha ha 

A video on the last page, it's 30 years old but hey, with the lack of Izzy news is the best I could get. :lol:

Have a nice time there. I'm jealous too (also of Angela :D)

Didnt I read somewhere that Angela wasn't convinced the song was about her, I think it might have been in the first women's thread, somebody pulled up a reply she posted on the Internet regarding a fan telling lies about her and the song? It was some time ago my memory is a bit hazy.

4 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Didnt I read somewhere that Angela wasn't convinced the song was about her, I think it might have been in the first women's thread, somebody pulled up a reply she posted on the Internet regarding a fan telling lies about her and the song? It was some time ago my memory is a bit hazy.

I believe she confirmed the song was about her, saying she had the original tape?  She was mad at the fan for some reason, though, yes.  I remember that.

• Like 1