Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

15 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I like this thread the way it is and all of the posters who post in here, wouldn't ever want it to change. 

Once again, NOT saying change it. Just asking mods if we can have another where we can discuss his career instead of wanting to ride him 

• Like 2

I think there's nothing wrong with discussing his "hotness".... like, it's a fact, you can't ignore he was above average looking. :tongue2:  But seriously, I think posts here that referrers to his looks and coolness are usually really funny, there's nothing wrong with saying "he was so hot :drool:". From those post I never ever got the impression someone wants to actually "ride him", haha, but maybe... :rofl-lol:

I love sarcasm and all the jokes here, and I really hope Izzy finds this thread entertaining and has good laugh from time to time :D

Idk @Izzymacbeth, but I think you can discuss "music, guitars, songs etc " in this thread, just post some subject, above all we're all huge fans of his music. And actually, we have thread "ranking of Izzy's song..." where you can also write something specifically about his songs, but only less than 10 people participate in there. 

Edited by int8
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Anyway, I'm currently loving the Bad Obsession demo from the Hell house, post by Gibbo in the main section.

I know right? Sounds so much rawer than the official version, I love it! The sound and the voice just go so much better with the theme of the song, in UYI it sounds just too "clean". 

For the ones that might not know what we're talking about.

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Archtop said:

I would ride this, that's the bike! Not izzy, love that his on a Ducati not a Harley. 

You're a Ducati girl too? :wub: I so loved it when my favorite moto GP pilots raced  for them.

I believe Izzy has a huge collection of bikes, right? I've seen him riding a few different ones.

1 hour ago, Darkenchantress said:

I know right? Sounds so much rawer than the official version, I love it! The sound and the voice just go so much better with the theme of the song, in UYI it sounds just too "clean". 

That version is amazing!! It feels more like Izzy's solo stuff.

I would say I think Axl's idea of overproducing the album affected it negatively but I've had enough of people thinking I hate my favorite singer... :shrugs:

5 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

I agree with @Archtop's post. I look at the women's thread as the Axl & Slash discussion/picture thread and this thread as the Izzy discussion/picture thread with a little Steven & Duff thrown in.

For some reason or another there seems to be a lot of quick judgements made about this thread, @Frey even made a similar post in the Women's thread yesterday. :wacko: We're a very sarcastic and sometimes silly bunch in here. But the thread title, the memes, the gifs... all of that stuff is just for a laugh. It's not to be taken literally. So I'm not sure why some are so offended?

If anybody wants to discuss something all they have to do is post about it. @Archtop@BorderlineCrazy@Darkenchantress@dgnr@MillionsOfSpiders@beautifulanddamned@Tori72@marlingrl03 @Jane M. (Forgive me if I missed anyone. I'm old & senile. :P) or myself will usually respond pretty quickly. :) 

Just admit it, we're the worst, the black sheep of the forum :lol:

You forgot a certain witch who opened this thread in your tags :P

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

You're a Ducati girl too? :wub: I so loved it when my favorite moto GP pilots raced  for them.

I believe Izzy has a huge collection of bikes, right? I've seen him riding a few different ones.

Moto guzzi actually, had an ex who rode Ducati's. 

Yeah glad it's not just the cliché Harley's, seems to like dual terrain bikes from the few I have seen him on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I would say I think Axl's idea of overproducing the album affected it negatively but I've had enough of people thinking I hate my favorite singer... :shrugs:

9 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

I agree with @Archtop's post. I look at the women's thread as the Axl & Slash discussion/picture thread and this thread as the Izzy discussion/picture thread with a little Steven & Duff thrown in.

For some reason or another there seems to be a lot of quick judgements made about this thread, @Frey even made a similar post in the Women's thread yesterday. :wacko: We're a very sarcastic and sometimes silly bunch in here. But the thread title, the memes, the gifs... all of that stuff is just for a laugh. It's not to be taken literally. So I'm not sure why some are so offended?

If anybody wants to discuss something all they have to do is post about it. @Archtop@BorderlineCrazy@Darkenchantress@dgnr@MillionsOfSpiders@beautifulanddamned@Tori72@marlingrl03 @Jane M. (Forgive me if I missed anyone. I'm old & senile. :P) or myself will usually respond pretty quickly. :) 

Just admit it, we're the worst, the black sheep of the forum :lol:

You know, it's funny (but not unusual in general) that although we all read the same forum, we read different things.

What I read:

- Someone will say something about Axl, e.g. that he's been a poser, a dictator etc (I'm not including the discussions about his voice which I don't consider "shit talk", but nitpicking); then someone else will defend* Axl or explain/give an interpretation on why he might have done this or that; then someone else will say that Axl is just an asshole/greedy/lazy... and so on.

- Someone will say something negative about Izzy, then other members will jump and defend him; or the other way around: someone will make an appreciative post about Izzy's contributions or say that it isn't GnR without him, then someone will say that Izzy isn't needed now or that he doesn't have stage presence and so on. Same with Steven.

*I think that the people who defend Axl about everything are very few. Probably, and from what I understand (I wasn't here), there were more "Axlites" or whatever they are called in the previous years (it must be taken into consideration that this forum has been around during the whole NuGuns era and it's expected that a lot of members would be people that got into the band through NuGuns), but I don't see it now.

This is how it goes, because it's a forum.

More often than not the discussions/debates of this kind go fully into exaggeration: "GnR was Axl and Slash"-"No, it was Izzy's band" (none  is true, imo; Axl always thought it was his band, but I don't think it was; nor Slash's or Izzy's), "CD is absolute shit" (or a "masterpiece"), "Izzy is dispensable", "Duff is useless" etc. I guess these things are also inevitable in a forum like this.

The vibe I get though is that after Izzy's tweet and especially Steven's interviews, the general and prevailing mood in the forum is that the reunion is a cash grab by "the big 3" (even NuGuns and CD fans say it).

Then there is the discussion (I'm talking about the more serious discussions there) in the Women's thread, big part of which, for various reasons, goes around Axl's life/personality (ranging from innocent gossip and concern/interest to dehumanization) and falls in a different category.

And this thread, which is Izzy fans' safe place from the bad Axlites and "big 3" fans (j/k :awesomeface:)

Edited by Blackstar
added
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRn3QrphLtRs2SC61VfZMw

giphy.gif

I'm sorry! :smiley-confused2:

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

You know, it's funny (but not unusual in general) that although we all read the same forum, we read different things.

What I read:

- Someone will say something about Axl, e.g. that he's been a poser, a dictator etc (I'm not including the discussions about his voice which I don't consider "shit talk", but nitpicking); then someone else will defend* Axl or explain/give an interpretation on why he might have done this or that; then someone else will say that Axl is just an asshole/greedy/lazy... and so on.

- Someone will say something negative about Izzy, then other members will jump and defend him; or the other way around: someone will make an appreciative post about Izzy's contributions or say that it isn't GnR without him, then someone will say that Izzy isn't needed now or that he doesn't have stage presence and so on. Same with Steven.

*I think that the people who defend Axl about everything are very few. Probably, and from what I understand (I wasn't here), there were more "Axlites" or whatever they are called in the previous years (it must be taken into consideration that this forum has been around during the whole NuGuns era and it's expected that a lot of members would be people that got into the band through NuGuns), but I don't see it now.

More often than not the discussions/debates of this kind go fully into exaggeration: "GnR was Axl and Slash"-"No, it was Izzy's band" (none  is true, imo; Axl always thought it was his band, but I don't think it was; nor Slash's or Izzy's), "CD is absolute shit" (or a "masterpiece"), "Izzy is dispensable", "Duff is useless" etc.

The vibe I get though is that after Izzy's tweet and especially Steven's interviews, the general and prevailing mood in the forum is that the reunion is a cash grab by "the big 3" (even NuGuns and CD fans say it).

Then there is the discussion (I'm talking about the more serious discussions there) in the Women's thread, big part of which, for various reasons, goes around Axl's life (ranging from innocent gossip and concern/interest to dehumanization) and falls in a different category.

I agree with everything except for the bold part.

I think it all comes down to what our interests are. The really cool thing about GNR is there is so much history and so many different signature sounds from each member that there's a little bit of something for everyone to take a interest in. But that's also the same thing that divides a lot of us. :lol: 

Admittedly, I don't read very many Axl/CD threads because that era just doesn't interest me. I like more simpler (less layers :P) rock, which is why I gravitate more towards early GNR/VR/Solo Izzy. Maybe that's why I notice the criticism towards Izzy/Steven more? And vice versa, if you're interested more in NuGNR/Axl or the Big 3 maybe you're skipping over the Steven/Izzy criticism that we're seeing?:shrugs:

But like you said it's funny how we kind of see what we want to see even though we're on the same forum. The Steven interviews for example, from my perspective people were automatically seeing the worst in Steven without giving him a chance. Everything he was saying jokingly was being taken literally and the comments that followed were just :facepalm: Plus, some of the junkie/brain damaged comments were a bit uncalled for. I would've been uncomfortable with those even if they were directed at Axl, Duff, or Slash.

Only my opinion, of course. :)

giphy.gif

--------

Doesn't Izzy repair motorcycles as a hobby? I think I read that somewhere at some point. (LA Weekly article, maybe? :question:) If that's true he's probably got quite a few.

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

giphy.gif

I'm sorry! :smiley-confused2:

I agree with everything except for the bold part.

I think it all comes down to what our interests are. The really cool thing about GNR is there is so much history and so many different signature sounds from each member that there's a little bit of something for everyone to take a interest in. But that's also the same thing that divides a lot of us. :lol: 

Admittedly, I don't read very many Axl/CD threads because that era just doesn't interest me. I like more simpler (less layers :P) rock, which is why I gravitate more towards early GNR/VR/Solo Izzy. Maybe that's why I notice the criticism towards Izzy/Steven more? And vice versa, if you're interested more in NuGNR/Axl or the Big 3 maybe you're skipping over the Steven/Izzy criticism that we're seeing?:shrugs:

But like you said it's funny how we kind of see what we want to see even though we're on the same forum. The Steven interviews for example, from my perspective people were automatically seeing the worst in Steven without giving him a chance. Everything he was saying jokingly was being taken literally and the comments that followed were just :facepalm: Plus, some of the junkie/brain damaged comments were a bit uncalled for. I would've been uncomfortable with those even if they were directed at Axl, Duff, or Slash.

Only my opinion, of course. :)

I have an overview of all the discussions, although for a while now I read the D&N section sporadically, because I'm fed up with the same shit (that I described in my previous post) all over again. There are threads and discussions about Axl that are not related to CD though.

I don't consider CD a GnR album and I'm not a particular fan of it either (I didn't even follow Axl with NuGuns except basic stuff, i.e. getting the album and going to a show the one time he came here), but I don't think it's shitty. Tbh I feel similarly about all the guys' solo work/side projects; I'm not excited with any of it, including VR. I prefer Izzy's stuff more than Slash's because, although not "great" (imo), it's the kind that it's simple and pleasurable to hear. But what I like is the classic GnR.

I was distanced from the "GnR world" for many years, and this is why (one of the reasons) I want to believe that I can be objective without trying hard for it, as people that have been more "attached". For example, I believe that a big part of what happened with the band was Axl's fault; but it wasn't all his fault nor all the wrong was/is on his side (all this regardless of the whole discussion and the interest about him that isn't directly related to the music).

As for the current situation, I want to see the AFD too, but I'm not as disappointed as others, I guess because I didn't expect much from these guys; I didn't expect them to be original, a "gang" and do things "for the fans and the sake of music";  and I don't think that the circumstances of that era can be reproduced regardless of who is in the band now. Like Adler said, "it is what it is", a reunion (half reunion in this case) of a classic band like many other reunions, and this is how I see it, as it is (this doesn't mean though, imo, that the Axl-Slash reunion after so many years is totally unemotional).

Edited by Blackstar
typos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

What I read:

More often than not the discussions/debates of this kind go fully into exaggeration: "GnR was Axl and Slash"-"No, it was Izzy's band" (none  is true, imo; Axl always thought it was his band, but I don't think it was; nor Slash's or Izzy's), "CD is absolute shit" (or a "masterpiece"), "Izzy is dispensable", "Duff is useless" etc. I guess these things are also inevitable in a forum like this.

Then there is the discussion (I'm talking about the more serious discussions there) in the Women's thread, big part of which, for various reasons, goes around Axl's life/personality (ranging from innocent gossip and concern/interest to dehumanization) and falls in a different category.

And this thread, which is Izzy fans' safe place from the bad Axlites and "big 3" fans (j/k :awesomeface:)

This is a great post, I agree with many things.

I find all the exaggerations to be annoying, I would never agree with those who say "Axl would be nothing without Izzy" or stuff like that. A problem I see is that if someone who is on Izzy's side makes an exaggerated comment, then people who are on "other side" seem to take it like every Izzy fan thinks that way when it's not like that.

As you said, sometimes people will make an appreciative post about Izzy or Steven and then there's someone jumping at them to talk shit. I can't understand that. I mean, there were people talking shit about Steven in the "Steven Adler Appreciation Thread", it doesn't get any worse. Why would you post there if you don't have anything nice to say? I don't see that happening on the "other side". I actually feel like some people see members like me almost as haters for having criticized the "big three" and they overlook the countless times we've praised them. Right now there's a thread about the anniversary of the tour Duff did filling for Tommy Stinson here in South America and I posted my story about the first show (because I attended and I went BECAUSE OF DUFF) and nobody cares but then as soon as I criticize Duff for something, I get told I'm ungrateful, I'm never satisfied and if Steven and Izzy get back in the band, I'll find a new excuse to complain.

Also agree with you that the idea that the reunion is a cash grab doesn't come from the Stizzy Stradler fans but from around 80% of the forum. And although it's true that the lack of two of the original members may have an influence in this idea, I think it's clear that the biggest reasons why people see it this way is because of the lack of new music (and apparent lack of intention to release any) and because of the lack of interaction people perceive between Sluff and Axl off stage. It they release an album, the cash grab idea will mostly disappear, regardless of how happy we are with the current lineup.

And one thing about Axl, I think there's a little bunch of people who seem to have an agenda against him (again, not because of Stizzy, they seem to be big Axl fans that feel let down by him and turned against him) and will use any opportunity to put him down but other than that, I think the worst things about Axl probably get said in the Women's Thread. As I already explained there, it's not because they hate Axl but because some get worried about him or they're so interested in him that they overanalyze every aspect of his life (including the bad and the ugly). Back to the main section, I might be wrong but I don't think Axl gets called a dictator or a poser as often as Steven gets called a junkie or annoying or dumb.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Things that i love about this song: 1) Main Riff, 2) Lyrics 3) Harmonica solos 4) catchy phrases   5) Slash's Solo ... I like the fact this demo has 3 of 5 in it ... usually demos are more simple and i thought Axl added a lot of things to the lyrics but actually best parts are from Izzy :o

• Like 1

I'm out of likes but I pretty much agree with what you guys have said @Blackstar @Kris_1989 @BorderlineCrazy but especially the last one. Truth is, I couldn't care less about what people on the main section, meaning people whom I don't interact with usually, think of me or this thread because of my opinions. I love this thread and the people on it, the vibes are great and honestly, if we ever had to criticize anything Izzy, we also did. It's the fact that every thread about Izzy and Steven, even the most positive ones get turned into shit. Like, in the Izzy's tweet to the forum thread there was already a negative comment on the first page, out of nowhere and absolutely out of place. And it bothers me. It probably shouldn't but it does. You'd say that after almost 30 years of being a fan of these idiots I should be over things but I'm not. :lol: So the most of the time I just ignore it but not always and then I'm called a whiner or whatever. As I said, I couldn't care less. I love these guys, the five of them. They gave me my favorite album of all times and for me they all matter, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna say it if i think that, right now, Izzy and Steven are not being treated fairly by the other 3, and believe me, I would be criticizing Izzy if he was in instead of Slash for example and the case was similar. So, I don't really get that people that are perfectly fine with the reunion, that are going to 8 shows in a row (I don't know how people pay for this, btw, the ticket prices are ridiculous and I barely could afford go to one show not even in the golden circle), watching all shows via periscope, following every wag/children/cat/fish on every social network and then come to the forum and whine all the time about people whining. Dude, you are happy with it, I wish I was, enjoy the fucking shows and let the rest of the world have the opinion they want. It's absurd. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Izzymacbeth said:

Once again, NOT saying change it. Just asking mods if we can have another where we can discuss his career instead of wanting to ride him 

If you want a thread to specifically discuss Izzy's career it would be best to start one, if you do a search there might be some already that have fallen off the main pages.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

I'm out of likes but I pretty much agree with what you guys have said @Blackstar @Kris_1989 @BorderlineCrazy but especially the last one. Truth is, I couldn't care less about what people on the main section, meaning people whom I don't interact with usually, think of me or this thread because of my opinions. I love this thread and the people on it, the vibes are great and honestly, if we ever had to criticize anything Izzy, we also did. It's the fact that every thread about Izzy and Steven, even the most positive ones get turned into shit. Like, in the Izzy's tweet to the forum thread there was already a negative comment on the first page, out of nowhere and absolutely out of place. And it bothers me. It probably shouldn't but it does. You'd say that after almost 30 years of being a fan of these idiots I should be over things but I'm not. :lol: So the most of the time I just ignore it but not always and then I'm called a whiner or whatever. As I said, I couldn't care less. I love these guys, the five of them. They gave me my favorite album of all times and for me they all matter, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna say it if i think that, right now, Izzy and Steven are not being treated fairly by the other 3, and believe me, I would be criticizing Izzy if he was in instead of Slash for example and the case was similar. So, I don't really get that people that are perfectly fine with the reunion, that are going to 8 shows in a row (I don't know how people pay for this, btw, the ticket prices are ridiculous and I barely could afford go to one show not even in the golden circle), watching all shows via periscope, following every wag/children/cat/fish on every social network and then come to the forum and whine all the time about people whining. Dude, you are happy with it, I wish I was, enjoy the fucking shows and let the rest of the world have the opinion they want. It's absurd. 

Awesome post! Had forgotten about the Izzy shout-out thread :facepalm:

22 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Axlites :lol: What's up with us Axlites? 

Its so very simple - we want THE Axl Rose back.

That rock god that was the greatest frontman of all time (in our eyes) who disappeared after 1993. Forever, never to be the same again :( 

All the other members of the original AFD 5 are still true to themselves, despite their own very serious problems, they're still the same guys we all love. Izzy is still the Izzy we all love.. Slash is still Slash etc..

Axl is not.

We would love to know why and we are desperate for him to be the creative, awesome driving force (one of) behind the band he once was. The one who wanted to make lots of music and was happy to do interviews and screamed his heart out on stage every night. What went wrong? That's what we try to figure out and go far too deep to find out. 

Sometimes I really hate being an Axlite but there's nothing I can do about it. He's my favourite member of the band and always will be. If it looks like we hate him, then we maybe do on that day, hate him a little bit. We still love him though :lol:

Go away, you Axl fan! :lol:

I appreciate this post so much. It's what I've been trying to explain and probably suck at doing it :P

Many big Axl fans are concerned about him and want to understand him and analyze (and over-analyze) everything about him and look for explanations. It can seem fucked up or too extreme at times (in fact, I stay away of some of the discussions in the Women's Thread because there are things that I don't care about or I don't feel like discussing) but it's never meant in a mean spirited way. Sometimes, some people take it in a bad way and they either get a bit hostile or they throw any of the other GNR members under the bus to sort of deviate the focus and remind us that they're not perfect either (I swear we already know that :P).

Anyway, I really appreciate that you're part of the gang and come often to talk to us. Contrary to popular belief, we don't hate Axl here :heart:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@BorderlineCrazy LOL, sorry you're stuck with an Axlite in this thread, too bad!! :P

"Axl brings out the crazies" - Izzy Stradlin :devilshades:

I'm fine with nice Axlites like you! :lol: BTW, I bet now that quote is biting Izzy in the ass, he attracts ALL the crazies on Twitter, my god. :facepalm:

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Not to be rude but If you don't feel comfortable here you should go post somewhere else. The name has been changing since day 1 and it's meant as a joke, nothing more. Whatever, everyone that post here are music fans too, yeah, some of us happen to have eyes, some of us happen to find the man hot as fuck, sorry, not sorry really, but I think we have discussed and still discuss a few interesting topics, giving the little new things we have about Izzy actually. We have a couple of guys here who post more or less often and never have complaint so I just guess the "spirit" of this thread is not meant for you and that's alright too. 

This and all @Blackstar @Kris_1989 and @BorderlineCrazy said

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@BorderlineCrazy LOL, sorry you're stuck with an Axlite in this thread, too bad!! :P

I love Axl, too. I'm concerned about him and would like to find out what prevented him from being his former creative, forward and captivating self. And I'm also in awe with Izzy, his music, his creativity, his character (as far as I know it/can tell).

Also I think dismissing all things concidered female and women stuff is boring and intolerant. Only it it is not your interest doesn't mean it's less important or less meaningful to people. Besides, most is meant in a good sarcastic humor anyway.

Post something you like and people here will respond to it. We all love Izzys music in here even though it doesn't mean we all have to have knowledge about techniques and stuff like amps and whatsoever. I'm always interested to learn though.

Don't judge before you try things out and of you don't like it here, open your own thread. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

I have posted two positive comments recently in the D&N section but they got lost in the negative shit-talking pile...I tried. And I will keep trying because all the negativeness is just :facepalm: 

5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I'm right there w/ya sister! :D I love em all though, I do. An equal opportunist lol. 

• Like 1