Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Why am I getting the impression that @Darkenchantress is the perfect wife for Izzy? Playing the guitar like a (shy) pro, being into the blues and knowing all those guitarists names and music, loving dogs... and so on? So glad, they're already married. :P 

LMAO :lol: I think I might be a little too brunette and a little not model looking for his liking. But thanks, I'll take it as a compliment hahaha.

I just realized I have less than two months left to see the holy trinity and friends live and I still don't know how the hell I'm going to react. :shrugs:

So do we have much on Izzy's main influences? Obviously The Stones, his mentioned Hanoi Rocks, Alice Cooper, Aerosmith and Pink Flyod in the past. I get a Tom Petty vibe on a couple of his songs, and I assume Bob Marley. Do we have any interviews were he discusses who he listens to. I know he has tweeted out Clapton, Chris Robinson and he has covered several muscians, It would be interesting to know who inspired him as a guitarist or even drummer.

OK Izzy if you do read the thread, tweet out some of the music that shaped you as a musician, we need somthing to sustain us over the coming weeks ?

Edited by Archtop

30 minutes ago, Archtop said:

So do we have much on Izzy's main influences? Obviously The Stones, his mentioned Hanoi Rocks, Alice Cooper, Aerosmith and Pink Flyod in the past. I get a Tom Petty vibe on a couple of his songs, and I assume Bob Marley. Do we have any interviews were he discusses who he listens to. I know he has tweeted out Clapton, Chris Robinson and he has covered several muscians, It would be interesting to know who inspired him as a guitarist or even drummer.

OK Izzy if you do read the thread, tweet out some of the music that shaped you as a musician, we need somthing to sustain us over the coming weeks ?

That would be awesome, to be honest! Come on, Stradlin, do it!! :lol:

I've read an interview not long ago where he mentions his TOP 5 favorite albums, not so many surprises. I cannot find it right now so I hope I'm not mistaken. I think they were:

-Exile on Main Street- Rolling Stones.

-Never Mind the Bollocks- Sex Pistols.

-Dark side of the Moon- Pink Floyd.

-Road to ruin- Ramones

-Toys in the attic- Aerosmith.

I'd say he also has clearly some Johnny Thunders influences, as well as other punk bands such as The damned or The clash.

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Pretty much spot on. 

To me his 3 biggest musical/stylistic influences are Keith, Thunders and Andy McCoy(especially club era GNR). 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He must like AC/DC a lot if he got the Angus Young SG? 

Absolutely, everybody likes Angus! Learning to play the Thunderstruck intro is the goal of every guitar player as a kid. :lol:

I'd also throw Faces and Bob Dylan in there as Izzy's influences.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

That would be awesome, to be honest! Come on, Stradlin, do it!! :lol:

I've read an interview not long ago where he mentions his TOP 5 favorite albums, not so many surprises. I cannot find it right now so I hope I'm not mistaken. I think they were:

-Exile on Main Street- Rolling Stones.

-Never Mind the Bollocks- Sex Pistols.

-Dark side of the Moon- Pink Floyd.

-Road to ruin- Ramones

-Toys in the attic- Aerosmith.

I'd say he also has clearly some Johnny Thunders influences, as well as other punk bands such as The damned or The clash.

Nice he has both Sex Pistols and Pink Floyd as his favorites. Never Mind the Bollocks is probably my second favorite album, right after AFD. Such an incredible album :wub: Pink Floyd on the other hand is not my cup of tea.

503c5_johnny-rotten-pink-floyd.jpg

1 hour ago, Darkenchantress said:

Absolutely, everybody likes Angus! 

I always liked AC/DC but I went to the Axl/DC show here in Portugal to see Axl of course. Nevertheless Angus absolutely conquered me. He's a god on stage. It's like you can't take your eyes off him. I had to force myself to look at Axl from time to time, because I was only staring at Angus, thinking 'Holy fuckin shit' :wow:

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, dgnr said:

I always liked AC/DC but I went to the Axl/DC show here in Portugal to see Axl of course. Nevertheless Angus absolutely conquered me. He's a god on stage. It's like you can't take your eyes off him. I had to force myself to look at Axl from time to time, because I was only staring at Angus, thinking 'Holy fuckin shit' :wow:

Awww, lucky! I wished that Axl/DC had played on the west coast. I literally watched every single concert on Periscope....it never got old! Both Angus and Axl together freakin crushed it!!! :headbang:

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Now moving to what I was originally looking for, I wanted to ask you what's your favorite guitar among the ones Izzy's played? I have a weakness for Les Pauls (nothing to do with Slash :rolleyes:) and love this Goldtop Izzy's played:

Im a Les Paul player, So im into the Les Paul Customs that he used. He played 3 different ones, 2 black ones, one with 2 pickups, the other 3 pickups, and a white one. 

However, him with the White ES-175 is iconic, due to the Ritz 88 show. 

Edited by NicDwolfwood
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Let's not forget that the first sign that Slash could be back was Del James wishing him a happy birthday!! :wow::wow::wow:

And Izzy removed the tweet about not participating in the Reunion ... you had to say that I'm crazy Borderline Cra ... oh wait .. we are crazy .. are we? :blink:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Now moving to what I was originally looking for, I wanted to ask you what's your favorite guitar among the ones Izzy's played?

As I've said before, the fender tele is my favorite guitar and I loved to see Izzy playing one back in 80's-90's.

f53aa8e92507c19e3076916f5afe975c.jpg

BUT, in terms of iconic or the guitar I'd love to see him playing again, of course, it has to be the hollow beauty. :heart: The aesthetic is flawless and the sound is powerful, I love that in the Ritz show you can tell his and Slash's sound apart so easily, even though camera people are so clueless during the Nightrain solo. :facepalm:

izzy-stradlin-213077.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, dgnr said:

Nice he has both Sex Pistols and Pink Floyd as his favorites. Never Mind the Bollocks is probably my second favorite album, right after AFD. Such an incredible album :wub: Pink Floyd on the other hand is not my cup of tea.

I think AXL/DC is the best rock show I've ever been to in my life. Angus Young is unreal. I'm glad Axl was back on his feet by then too, because the first time he went walking down that runway was something that sticks in my mind, he should get himself one to use with guns - an ego ramp, somehow it really suits him :awesomeface:

----

Izzy has a lot of guitars I really like, I love his black Les Paul, the more plainer one he had. 

2 hours ago, Izzyarg said:

First Duff and Slash... now Del James? ...  Maybe things are ok now, and that's it... but... oh my poor heart :heart::o

https://twitter.com/roldan_laly/status/854546283700342788

What's he said? He posted something else about Izzy a while ago causing us all to think things were ok again :( 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I think AXL/DC is the best rock show I've ever been to in my life. Angus Young is unreal. I'm glad Axl was back on his feet by then too, because the first time he went walking down that runway was something that sticks in my mind, he should get himself one to use with guns - an ego ramp, somehow it really suits him :awesomeface:

----

Izzy has a lot of guitars I really like, I love his black Les Paul, the more plainer one he had. 

What's he said? He posted something else about Izzy a while ago causing us all to think things were ok again :( 

A fan from Argentina uploaded a photo of the original 5 saying "Some things should be eternal" and Del James gave a like :question: 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Is it Spanish? Maybe he just liked the picture without knowing what it says? 

Or maybe he can read Spanish, I don't know :lol:

He can read and speak Spanish. I think I talked Spanish to him for 3 hours but sometimes my mind plays tricks on me :smiley-confused2:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

You talked to Del James for three hours? Did he start going on about politics and it felt like three hours? :lol:

Lolololol It was my friend who talked to him a bunch of crap and it must have felt for him like three hours Spanish :smiley-confused2:

p.s.: Trump had not won yet :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SerenityScorp said:

Probably learn from Beta

Does she speak spanish? i mean, brazilian people speak portuguese, not spanish. :shrugs:

6 hours ago, Izzyarg said:

And Izzy removed the tweet about not participating in the Reunion ... you had to say that I'm crazy Borderline Cra ... oh wait .. we are crazy .. are we? :blink:

To be fair, Izzy removes pretty much all the tweets. :lol:

• Like 1