Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

8 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Uh, is that a picture of Dizzy, my imagination or has lost a lot of weight in a short amount of time?

Could be the angle but he looks thin to me too.

Edited by Kris_1989

4 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:
7 hours ago, Irwi said:

Am I the only one who thinks it’s weird they show a picture of his house, considering he was still living there at that time. Even printing his address, ok not the house number but still...

I thought the same thing. But it is a small town newspaper & the interview was pre-internet so maybe they just didn't think it was that big of a issue at the time? Still a bit creepy IMO.

Yes. It was before internet and in a local newspaper that only the people who lived in that town read. And probably everyone in Lafayette knew where Izzy's house was anyway; he says himself in the interview that when he went there at first it was crazy, with people were going by his house, knocking on the door etc., but later it was worn out and everybody got used to it and saw him just as "that guy".

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Irwi said:

Am I the only one who thinks it’s weird they show a picture of his house, considering he was still living there at that time. Even printing his address, ok not the house number but still...

No, you're not, is something I really hate. Can't believe that his current address is on the internet and is so easy to find that is scary.

I was bored so... this is the only way I'd overcome my coulrophobia. :lol:

iezsiLl.jpg

• Like 2

Does he still live (at least partly) in Lafayette? If yes, I can remove the screenshots (from my own post - the people who quoted it will have to do it themselves) - or remove the address and the picture of the house and then reupload them.

Edited by Blackstar

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Does he still live (at least partly) in Lafayette? If yes, I can remove the screenshots (from my own post - the people who quoted it will have to do it themselves) - or remove the address and the picture of the house and then reupload them.

I don't really know if he still has that property in Lafayette, but the info is available out there anyway so I'd say you don't need to edit it. :shrugs:

21 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

I don't really know if he still has that property in Lafayette, but the info is available out there anyway so I'd say you don't need to edit it. :shrugs:

I edited and reuploaded the interview in my post, but @Irwi (who pointed out the address issue by quoting the screenshots with it on) will have to edit his/her post.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I edited and reuploaded the interview in my post, but @Irwi (who pointed out the address issue by quoting the screenshots with it on) will have to edit his/her post.

I had no idea about his address in Lafayette before it was posted here. I mean this thread is a huge source of info... so yeah, it was great idea to remove that part.

On 4/22/2017 at 0:10 PM, beautifulanddamned said:

I respect your opinion, of course, and we can agree to disagree.  :)

It honestly doesn't really matter, it just think it's weird that anyone would rather not see Izzy appear than appear and give up on his principles. Principles he never said he held in the first place.  Or that someone just wouldn't go see a show in some kind of protest for Izzy. I view it as simply getting involved in the business decisions of a bunch of millionaires who could give a shit about us.  

It's interesting. One of the reasons people seem to feel so passionately about Izzy is that, since we know so little about him, we can fill in the blanks how we see fit.  Everyone does it.  Remember at the beginning of the avocado incident when people were literally saying, "this cannot be Izzy, Izzy is much cooler than this!" I'm sure he is cool- but he was also a man in his 50's trying to master social media for the first time. But people could not believe it.  Legend before the man.

I agree, especially with that heroic vision that people have of Izzy. I believed him since he opened his Twitter account, because what I like most about him is his simplicity, as opposed to seeing him as a famous star. In my case, I don't know if it has to do with principles, but with empathy towards him. I'm angry that they always treat him as a sessionist and I don't want to see a Guns N Roses show without him, but not because it's a protest, because I really want to listen to him. I saw the show last year and it was great but I would not go again without Izzy  because it will be the same thing. I also prefer to see him solo or listen to his solo music because I appreciate him as a musician, not as a GNR guitarist and I understand that he doesn't feel happy there, I respect him.

But I would like Izzy to take a little more risk and start interacting with You Tube, iTunes, Twitter like last year to promote his music, without fear of getting too much into the networks, or asking for help from his fans. Cause i think it will be good for him and for us but i understand if he has his reasons too, He doesn't owes us anything.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Jane M. said:

He got mad when his music was on youtube for illegal downloading so yes, he cares about money and it's understandable.

But what's weird about that is it was only the songs that I uploaded. F.P. Money has been on youtube since it came out and so is every other song he has ever put out. He hasn't said anything about those anywhere... If it was about money I think he would at least be trying to take those down too. Plus, it's not like I was making any money from those videos. They weren't monetized.

Maybe I said something on here that pissed him off and that's what got him mad when I uploaded the songs? :shrugs:

18 minutes ago, Izzyarg said:

But I would like Izzy to take a little more risk and start interacting with You Tube, iTunes, Twitter like last year to promote his music, without fear of getting too much into the networks, or asking for help from his fans. Cause i think it will be good for him and for us but i understand if he has his reasons too, He doesn't owes us anything.

I miss him posting videos and stuff on twitter too. It felt like for a minute there we got to know him a little bit and it was cool to see what music he was listening to and what not.

10 minutes ago, Stizzyfan01 said:

Can someone please help me.. I am trying to post a picture of Izzy but I am not sure how to do it.  Can someone tell me how to do it?

Thanks

If you upload it to imgur.com you can copy the image location here and it will automatically insert the picture for you.

Edited by Kris_1989
added
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I miss him posting videos and stuff on twitter too. It felt like for a minute there we got to know him a little bit and it was cool to see what music he was listening to and what not.

Yeah specially that, thanks to him i knew cool stuff, now i'm a john oliver fan! haha giphy.gif

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Izzyarg said:

Yeah specially that, thanks to him i knew cool stuff, now i'm a john oliver fan! haha

John Oliver is the best. :headbang: He's almost as cool as Izzy. Almost. ;)

giphy.gif

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

John Oliver is the best. :headbang: He's almost as cool as Izzy. Almost. ;)

giphy.gif

btw , what happened with the downloading of Izzy songs and you tube?, he shared his songs from you tube in twitter... like when he post "Everything is Alright" .. he said something to you? :o

Edited by Izzyarg

19 minutes ago, Izzyarg said:

btw , what happened with the downloading of Izzy songs and you tube?, he shared his songs from you tube in twitter... like when he post "Everything is Alright" .. he said something to you? :o

I can't remember what page we were on in this thread when everything happened but basically a few people were having trouble finding the new songs. They weren't on Spotify or iTunes in their countries so I uploaded them to youtube so they could listen (stupid move on my part) and he got upset.

Edited by Kris_1989

1 minute ago, Kris_1989 said:

I can't remember what page we were on in this thread when everything happened but basically a few people were having trouble finding the new songs. They weren't on Spotify or iTunes in their countries so I uploaded them to youtube so they could listen (stupid move on my part) and he got upset.

that's weird because as i said, sometimes he share songs from you tube... maybe he was on a bad day don't worry, i mean is understandable that he wanted to people buy it from iTunes :lol: but there is a lot of people who doesn't have a credit card so it was for a noble cause... that's why i said it will better if he use You Tube, he could upload the songs and get paid... i was saying that to ChopAway a long time ago... cause a lot of people want the lyrics of the songs, or translated and i offer to him to do videos with translated lyrics to spanish and latin fans, and give the videos to izzy so he can upload them to his channel, but then i regret for that reason :S 

4 hours ago, Izzyarg said:

that's weird because as i said, sometimes he share songs from you tube... maybe he was on a bad day don't worry, i mean is understandable that he wanted to people buy it from iTunes :lol: but there is a lot of people who doesn't have a credit card so it was for a noble cause... that's why i said it will better if he use You Tube, he could upload the songs and get paid... i was saying that to ChopAway a long time ago... cause a lot of people want the lyrics of the songs, or translated and i offer to him to do videos with translated lyrics to spanish and latin fans, and give the videos to izzy so he can upload them to his channel, but then i regret for that reason :S 

I mean if it was about the money I get why he got mad, if people are viewing those videos they aren't streaming through iTunes so that's inadvertently less money for him. But on the other hand if people can't stream it in their country anyway what are they going to do, ya know? He can't earn money from them if it's not available to them. So it's kinda :question:...

I'm not mad about it or anything, I just felt bad that he thought I was stealing from him or trying to make money off his songs. I never meant to do that. I just wanted everyone to hear his music that couldn't and didn't think about whether or not he'd care because so many other songs were already uploaded. Now we know he does. Lesson learned. :P 

For the lyrics thing that's actually a cool idea, have you ever tried tweeting Izzy to ask if it's ok to do that? I know it's a long shot but if he responds at least you'd know it's ok. :)

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I mean if it was about the money I get why he got mad, if people are viewing those videos they aren't streaming through iTunes so that's inadvertently less money for him. But on the other hand if people can't stream it in their country anywhere what are they going to do, ya know? He can't earn money from them if it's not available for them. So it's kinda :question:...

I'm not mad about it or anything, I just felt bad that he thought I was stealing from him or trying to make money off his songs. I never meant to do that. I just wanted everyone to hear his music that couldn't and didn't think about whether or not he'd care. Now we know he does. Lesson learned. :P 

Totally, well thank god all his discography is on spotify now, that was a good move from him i hope they paid something to him, i don't know how spotify works...

2 hours ago, Stizzyfan01 said:

Can someone please help me.. I am trying to post a picture of Izzy but I am not sure how to do it.  Can someone tell me how to do it?

Thanks

I use PC and Google Chrome browser. When I Post something  there is "Insert other media" button -> I click that -> then I Click  "Insert image from URL" 

-> I paste the address of the picture /image I want to post ( I copy the address  first by clicking the right button of my mouse on top of the picture I want to post and choose "Copy image address" )-> after I have pasted the address  ->  I click "Insert into post"  

0ba14511b8ac05977401d25f6a3e0060.jpg

God this picture makes me want to start smoking... 

6 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

I use PC and Google Chrome browser. When I Post something  there is "Insert other media" button -> I click that -> then I Click  "Insert image from URL" 

-> I paste the address of the picture /image I want to post ( I copy the address  first by clicking the right button of my mouse on top of the picture I want to post and choose "Copy image address" )-> after I have pasted the address  ->  I click "Insert into post"  

0ba14511b8ac05977401d25f6a3e0060.jpg

God this picture makes me want to start smoking... 

Dont let Izzy read this He will smoking again:ph34r:

1 hour ago, annabanana said:

Thanks serenity scoop :) having a hard time replying to your reply.

Wht reply? :D

• Like 1

15 hours ago, int8 said:

I had no idea about his address in Lafayette before it was posted here. I mean this thread is a huge source of info... so yeah, it was great idea to remove that part.

This is true and I feel kinda ashamed I hadn't thought about that. Truth is I usually forget that this is an open place that anyone out there can read, and the shout out from Izzy made us even more visible. So yeah, you're right and it was a good idea to edit it out. ;)