Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

20 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

This is true and I feel kinda ashamed I hadn't thought about that. Truth is I usually forget that this is an open place that anyone out there can read, and the shout out from Izzy made us even more visible. So yeah, you're right and it was a good idea to edit it out. ;)

Don’t worry about it too much, he doesn’t live there anymore. I mainly thought it was weird because he was living there at that time and that an official newspaper would print that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Izzyarg said:

Totally, well thank god all his discography is on spotify now, that was a good move from him i hope they paid something to him, i don't know how spotify works...

Yay! I was listening to his discography the other day via Spotify :headbang:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Izzyarg said:

Totally, well thank god all his discography is on spotify now, that was a good move from him i hope they paid something to him, i don't know how spotify works...

I found this because I was curious.. 

So in other words, if one of your songs has been streamed 0.5% of the total number of streams in a month, you will get 0.5% of the of the royalties paid out to right holders. Spotify pays this out to whoever owns the music. There is no difference whether youare a major label artist or an indie.

In other words you don't paid a lot of money..

Edited by Stizzyfan01
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stizzyfan01 said:

So in other words, if one of your songs has been streamed 0.5% of the total number of streams in a month, you will get 0.5% of the of the royalties paid out to right holders. Spotify pays this out to whoever owns the music. There is no difference whether youare a major label artist or an indie.

oh :(

His songs are not played that much, according to those little graphics beneath the songs.

We should all open Spotify and start playing the songs! :P

58 minutes ago, killuridols said:

His songs are not played that much, according to those little graphics beneath the songs.

I at least stream half of them. They're always on. :headbang::lol:

1 hour ago, Stizzyfan01 said:

Mit very much at all. Let's all stream so Izzy can tour again. :P

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Mit very much at all. Let's all stream so Izzy can tour again. :P

Like a streaming party? :lol: (https://radionowhouston.com/61387/nellys-fans-hold-streaming-party-to-pay-irs-debt/)

We should've done that for his bday. :headbang:

Only problem is I hate Spotify and only half his albums are on apple music. :(

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Stizzyfan01 said:

Wow , is true ... thanks for sharing. Now I think if he monetized his You Tube channel he could make a difference,That would solve the problem of fans who upload things on you tube for lack of information and fans who can not buy the music could listen to it there and contribute . Many bands made lyrics videos of almost all the songs they had, and other material,like Queen, and those videos have millons of views ( i know Queen is a huge band but without Freddie they have been in the same struggle and doing that, he it actually will have a daily entrance of money)... I mean, if you download the song from iTunes is just a click per person but with you tube he would have thousands of visits

40 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I've always published his songs directly from there because fans they say that they love to have izzy's entire discography but american dollars are very expensive or they dont have credit cards, or whatever ... i had luck cause i bought Them when dollar was cheaper to looooong time ago, so now i feel kinda bad cause i want people buy the songs but i understand the fans too ...

22 minutes ago, Izzyarg said:

I've always published his songs directly from there because fans they say that they love to have izzy's entire discography but american dollars are very expensive or they dont have credit cards, or whatever ... i had luck cause i bought Them when dollar was cheaper to looooong time ago, so now i feel kinda bad cause i want people buy the songs but i understand the fans too ...

I think Spotify is a good way to help decide a posterior purchase because people will not go directly buying stuff unless they are die-hards.

It has helped me a lot to decide whether I wanted to buy a whole album or just a few songs. I guess that's the major benefit an artist could get from Spotify. :shrugs:

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I think Spotify is a good way to help decide a posterior purchase because people will not go directly buying stuff unless they are die-hards.

It has helped me a lot to decide whether I wanted to buy a whole album or just a few songs. I guess that's the major benefit an artist could get from Spotify. :shrugs:

So true, i remember when i bought cd's and then didn't like them, it's the worst  haha... but i'm a huge fan of albums tho, nothing like the ritual of listening a record for the first time ♥ :drool: i guess in Izzy's case is different because is easier to donwload pirate versions than buy it from internet ( sad but true) i know any of us will do it , but other fans who aren't compromised with izzy's work, will choose that :(

Edited by Izzyarg

3 minutes ago, Izzyarg said:

So true, i remember when i bought cd's and then didn't like them, it's the worst  haha... but i'm a huge fan of albums tho, nothing like the ritual of listening a record for the first time ♥ :drool: i guess in Izzy's case is different because is easier to donwload pirate versions than buy it from internet ( sad but true) i know any of us will do it , but other fans who aren't compromised with izzy's work, will choose that :(

Not so different.... This "problem" all artists have it and they have to live with it, unfortunately :(

People do not buy whole albums anymore and if they can get them for free, they will just download it, even if the quality is fuckin' shit.

I own every GN'R album in CD format but I have re-purchased all of them from iTunes, just to show support towards the band and also have them in digital form in my iPod.

That's all I could do to help :shrugs:

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Not so different.... This "problem" all artists have it and they have to live with it, unfortunately :(

People do not buy whole albums anymore and if they can get them for free, they will just download it, even if the quality is fuckin' shit.

I own every GN'R album in CD format but I have re-purchased all of them from iTunes, just to show support towards the band and also have them in digital form in my iPod.

That's all I could do to help :shrugs:

6361579649138392191962489810_560a9477747

giphy.gif

• Like 2

In the long run what works out better for an Artist, iTunes, Spotify of having there own private YouTube channel to support music? I have always supported ITunes because I always thought it was better, but looking at the % an artist gets in return is crap. How do smaller artists make money these day, it's rediculous you practically have to non stop tour, be clever about your social media and make sure your vigilant about piracy. 

You know who has been clever, Slash and his whole Slashes army thing. He basically got a lot of fans retweeting, getting the word out in return for the occasional Thank you for your support.

16 minutes ago, Archtop said:

In the long run what works out better for an Artist, iTunes, Spotify of having there own private YouTube channel to support music? I have always supported ITunes because I always thought it was better, but looking at the % an artist gets in return is crap. How do smaller artists make money these day, it's rediculous you practically have to non stop tour, be clever about your social media and make sure your vigilant about piracy.

That's what I'm wondering because what I did was purchase all the albums through iTunes and then I stream them through apple music while I'm using my phone or in my car or whatever. I figured that way he's getting paid twice but it still seems like nothing in the long run.

Didn't Duff say in an interview once that touring and merch is the only way to make money now?

5 minutes ago, dgnr said:

This is the biggest truth I've ever seen posted on this band's social media :ph34r:

:o

giphy.gif

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, dgnr said:

This is the biggest truth I've ever seen posted on this band's social media :ph34r:

Holy shit! They didn't remove Izzy and Steven from the pic!!  

But what does it mean??? Is this time to get delusional/paranoid again? :blink::blink::blink: 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
---
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Archtop said:

You know who has been clever, Slash and his whole Slashes army thing. He basically got a lot of fans retweeting, getting the word out in return for the occasional Thank you for your support.

I don't think Slash idea is bad.. he doesn't need to do that, and maybe is slavery (:lol:) , but it's not bad to help an artist you support. Fortunately some Slash's pages like Slash Arg and Slash Peru are very nice people Duff Mckagan Argentina too ( they help me to promote my page, to people know Izz was on Twitter)

19 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Oh no, please not again... don't Use My Illusion :wacko: 

• Like 1