Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

5 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

No judgement from me either.

My issue with it was it seemed like another way for outsiders to stir up drama between the band. :shrugs:

I don't feel judged in the slightest, guys! :heart: And I totally get what you say. Ha, I was the first to laugh and make jokes about the whole Niven-New Orleans thing but yeah, is not a big deal.

9 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

No judgement from me either.

My issue with it was it seemed like another way for outsiders to stir up drama between the band. :shrugs:

I think so too. Imo you can just tell whenever he does an interview that he wants certain band members to read it, the AC/DC one especially. Axl's doing great so gotta put it out there how really it's a fail after all and hope he reads it :rolleyes:

As for him telling everyone about Izzy and his black magic, what a great friend, I'm sure Izzy really appreciates it :rolleyes:

Interestingly, it appears Niven still talks to Slash and can get people back stage passes from him. Looks like Axl's vibe sniffers aren't working hard enough. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

I think there's dabbling and then there's flying to New Orleans multiple times for some black robe voodoo doll sillyness with your ex-manager. All to combat a psychic war that Axl supposedly started. :lol: And wasn't Izzy around 35 when all of this supposedly happened?

I'm trying not to judge but it just seems way out of character for Izzy. I also wouldn't put it past Niven to be making all of this up just to ruffle Axl's feathers. You can tell Niven hates Axl with a passion and will do anything to tick him off. The AC/DC comments are a pretty good example of that.

Yeah, that's how I feel about it as well.

Kids playing around with Ouija boards and stuff like that is one thing and I wouldn't think twice about it if it was something more along those lines, but the stuff you mentioned above... Highly questionable. Pretty weird and creepy too.

I also agree that it seems out of character for Izzy. Maybe that's another thing he's paranoid about these days.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2

I love that Izzy seems to be a big quirky weirdo. That might be the thing that draws me to him the most. He is who he is. 

He strikes me as a guy who is into exploring other cultures and God knows, New Orleans is fascinating in that way (and yes, Voodoo is a part of that culture). If any of you ever visit there is a Voodoo museum that is very interesting and informative - they give tours and offer, uh, "spiritual services." A lot of what that entails has been wildly misconstrued into a "black magic" kind of thing. Obviously, we don't know what Niven and Izzy were doing, but they probably weren't shoving pins into a Voodoo doll dressed up in a bandana and tighty whities. Probably. I mean, anything's possible.

New Orleans is great. It's almost more like a Carribean city than a US city, and Izzy actually moved to the Carribean for a while, didn't he?

Niven managed the Ju Ju Hounds, right? Izzy has probably been asked a million times why he walked out of GNR, has anyone ever asked him why he walked out of the Ju Ju Hounds like he did?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Izzymacbeth said:

How is it out of character for a guy who called his band JU JU Hounds? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juju?wprov=sfla1

Yeah, that's a good point. He might be interested or at least he might know a little about the african religion/culture if he chose that name for his band (did he ever say in any interview why that name?). He seems to me like a curious person and he has travelled a lot, it wouldn't surprise me if he was really into magic/witchcraft/whatever you wanna call it, it is a fascinating world. But of course, that doesn't mean I take the Niven story seriously. :lol:

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

did he ever say in any interview why that name?

This is the only thing I found about the name: The Ju Ju Hounds play more for the feel than to be analytical about what they're saying. A lot of the Iyrics aren't intended to be understood. It was such a groove Iyric, slurred in the backing vocal on a demo recording that sounded like "ju ju hound" that gave the band it's moniker.

http://likeadog.boards.net/thread/19/ju-hounds-record

4 hours ago, beautifulanddamned said:

I love that Izzy seems to be a big quirky weirdo. That might be the thing that draws me to him the most. He is who he is. 

He strikes me as a guy who is into exploring other cultures and God knows, New Orleans is fascinating in that way (and yes, Voodoo is a part of that culture). If any of you ever visit there is a Voodoo museum that is very interesting and informative - they give tours and offer, uh, "spiritual services." A lot of what that entails has been wildly misconstrued into a "black magic" kind of thing. Obviously, we don't know what Niven and Izzy were doing, but they probably weren't shoving pins into a Voodoo doll dressed up in a bandana and tighty whities. Probably. I mean, anything's possible.

New Orleans is great. It's almost more like a Carribean city than a US city, and Izzy actually moved to the Carribean for a while, didn't he?

Niven managed the Ju Ju Hounds, right? Izzy has probably been asked a million times why he walked out of GNR, has anyone ever asked him why he walked out of the Ju Ju Hounds like he did?

Also Izzy went to see Niven before split from Guns looking for advice , I think Niven is a rude guy  because he has to... no one wanted to be GNR manager, and this guy might be like this, but reflects the madness of the band at the moment, that doesn't mean he isn't loyal or true in what he says. He's just a old grumpy crazy man like every coach in the movies.. I think that hates Axl because you love him or hate him , and he hates him for personal issues. But with the others is his way to care about them... he called izzy paranoid coke-head but in a lovely way :D 

Edited by Izzyarg

3 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

did he ever say in any interview why that name?

Not sure if Izzy ever gave a reason but the Ju Ju Hounds producer Eddie Ashworth did :)

Also-not to open a can of worms-but to set the record straight, we did record a few songs that did not appear on the Ju Ju Hounds record or on any subsequent release:

Gotta Wanna Go-great funky, almost New Orleans kind groove, cool lyrics, excellent playing by the Hounds. DEFINITELY the lost track that should have been on the album. The guys played it live off and on, so some of you might have heard it. (see youtube)

Silver and Gold-acoustic song with a great melody and lyric, also inexplicably left off the album and never released. I seem to recall that Izzy didn't feel like it measured up to the rest, but I remember it as being very strong.

Outta Yer Blood-very raw blues rocker with Izzy on slide. This is the song where the Izzy sings something that sounds like "ju ju hound" and where the band and album name come from

Mile Away-mid tempo barnburner with some nice Ian organ stuff.

Plus a couple of short instrumental pieces.

All the other stuff recorded at that time that didn't make it to the record ended up on EP's or as B-sides.

Also, I personally listened to all the tapes that Izzy had recorded prior to our starting on the 117 Degree album and can say there that to my knowledge there is no "lost" Izzy tracks from that period.

• Like 3

Just now, Darkenchantress said:

I hate it when people on IG post pics with captions that have nothing to do with it <_< But that pic, ugh, it does things to me. So perfect. :wub:

I don't understand what the caption says but I hate it too. And yeah, that pic is special :wub:

18 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I don't understand what the caption says but I hate it too. And yeah, that pic is special :wub:

Someone is bothered cause the King (such a stupid and obsolete figure) didn't sign her college diploma so I assume she feels better watching pics of flawless young Izzy Stradlin. :lol: