Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

5 minutes ago, Stizzyfan01 said:

I have a question.. izzy joined guns when Gilby got hurt does anybody no what concerts they where? Thanks

One was in Athens, Greece (I was there :) ). The other three were in Israel, Turkey and England.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

I'm sorry but I'm already annoyed by the bigly announcement. I won't have anything to do with Izzy or Steven or new music. Everyone's gonna be pissed, I can already feel it.

We dont know that yet!!

giphy.gif

AFD5 or bust!

giphy.gif?response_id=59246b150196f5bfee

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I'm sorry but I'm already annoyed by the bigly announcement. I won't have anything to do with Izzy or Steven or new music. Everyone's gonna be pissed, I can already feel it.

tenor.gif

The only way to be a GN'R fan and keep your sanity =

tumblr_mx9rcegTfE1qgf1i8o1_400.gif

And it works even better this way =

Edited by Fourteenbeers
typo
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

A night out on the ale with Axl looks like fun :scared:

What, you don't fancy a bit of traffic directing, throwing things at cops, punching people's teeth in, falling out of windows to break your bones, breaking into insane asylums and having car adventures with Paul Huge? And all in one night? You must be pretty boring :max::P:facepalm:

(Side note: That's got to be like the first mention of Paul Huge in GNR history. Who knew this man wouldn't just remain a foot note in Axl's account of his drunk childhood shenanigans, but actually become GNR's Yoko Ono later on? :facepalm:)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Frey said:

What, you don't fancy a bit of traffic directing, throwing things at cops, punching people's teeth in, falling out of windows to break your bones, breaking into insane asylums and having car adventures with Paul Huge? And all in one night? You must be pretty boring :max::P:facepalm:

(Side note: That's got to be like the first mention of Paul Huge in GNR history. Who knew this man wouldn't just remain a foot note in Axl's account of his drunk childhood shenanigans, but actually become GNR's Yoko Ono later on? :facepalm:)

I'm sure I missed that on the women's thread but what did Paul Huge do. Did I ever hear of him? :nervous:

4 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I'm sure I missed that on the women's thread but what did Paul Huge do. Did I ever hear of him? :nervous:

Not necessarily WT territory, but actual GNR history for once lol. Paul Huge is the guy that Axl added to the band in the mid 90s that Slash absolutely hated and couldn't get along with. Duff didn't like him either iirc. Paul also played on stage with NuGNR at Rock in Rio I think.

He also goes by the name of Paul Tobias for some reason.

Edited by Frey

Just now, Frey said:

Not necessarily WT territory, but actual GNR history for once lol. Paul Huge is the guy that Axl added to the band in the mid 90s that Slash absolutely hated and couldn't get along with. Duff didn't like him either iirc. Paul also played on stage with NuGNR at Rock in Rio I think.

He also goes by the name of Paul Tobias for some reason.

Ah thanks. I remember something like that faintly. 

Just now, Tori72 said:

Ah thanks. I remember something like that faintly. 

For more details, read Slash's and Duff's books, they talk about it quite a bit, iirc. At least Slash does. He was (understandably) quite pissed with Axl just adding another guitarist to the band, who in no way had what it takes in Slash's eyes and just got the job because he was Axl's childhood buddy.

Basically, I think Axl tried to replace Izzy with Paul. One childhood friend rhythm guitarist replaced with another childhood friend guitarist. Probably made sense in his mind I guess.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Frey said:

For more details, read Slash's and Duff's books, they talk about it quite a bit, iirc. At least Slash does. He was (understandably) quite pissed with Axl just adding another guitarist to the band, who in no way had what it takes in Slash's eyes and just got the job because he was Axl's childhood buddy.

Basically, I think Axl tried to replace Izzy with Paul. One childhood friend rhythm guitarist replaced with another childhood friend guitarist. Probably made sense in his mind I guess.

Aaaah! Paul is that other guitarist Slash was pissed off about?! Why don't you just say that man. Now I remember :D

And yeah, meant to read Duff's and Slash's books for months now. Will do.

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 1

But here's the thing...........

What if they DO announce an AFD5 show...or SHOWS? 

At what point do I cash out my IRA?  And at what point do I pack my bags and tell my husband I'm taking the cat and hittin' the road with Stradlin?  (He can keep the kid  - I just don't think it's good for them to grow up on the road, ya know?  That and she's super annoying. ;):rofl-lol:)

I guess I'll just have my financial planner on stand-by and a pre-written note to the hubs.

giphy.gif

Edited by Cold Jen Time
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Cold Jen Time said:

But here's the thing...........

What if they DO announce an AFD5 show...or SHOWS? 

At what point do I cash out my IRA?  And at what point do I pack my bags and tell my husband I'm taking the cat and hittin' the road with Stradlin?  (He can keep the kid  - I just don't think it's good for them to grow up on the road, ya know?  That and she's super annoying. ;):rofl-lol:)

I guess I'll just have my financial planner on stand-by and a pre-written note to the hubs.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

If they announce the AFD5 shows I will probably cry because I HIGHLY doubt I'll be able to get tickets. Either they will sell out or be more than I can afford.

giphy.gif

But as long as somebody films it I guess I will have to live with that.

• Like 1

If it was AFD5...for just a show or two...And I seriously doubt it will be knowing Axl.....then yes all the tix will sell out in a split sec and the broker prices will be obscenely high...?.so the comment above regarding cashing in your IRA or 401K won't be far off??.....i may just be able to afford a seat at the back of the LA Coluseum because the demand for this show will go way beyond dodger stadium....even if they play two or three shows.....i imagine floor seats up front will be well in excess of 10,000 if you have to buy them from the brokers.....and trust me.....most of us will.....so I guess I am sitting in the back this time?

Edited by JMA515

1 minute ago, JMA515 said:

If it was AFD5...for just a show or two...And I seriously doubt it will be knowing Axl.....then yes all the tix will sell out in a split sec and the broker prices will be obscenely high...?.so the comment above regarding cashing in your IT A or 401K won't be far off??.....i may just be able to afford a seat at the back of the LA Coluseum because the demand for this show will go way beyond dodger stadium....even if they play two or three shows.....i imagine floor seats up front will be well in excess of 10,000 if you have to buy them from the brokers.....and trust me.....you most of us will.....so I guess I am sitting in the back this time?

Yeah, I was thinking they will easily be 2k+ for anything remotely close to the floor. Floor will be even worse. Just look at U2's prices, I looked at their show in Santa Clara and for practically nosebleed seats it was $1100. AFD5 will be just as bad or worse. :thumbsdown:

6 minutes ago, JMA515 said:

If it was AFD5...for just a show or two...And I seriously doubt it will be knowing Axl.....then yes all the tix will sell out in a split sec and the broker prices will be obscenely high...?.so the comment above regarding cashing in your IRA or 401K won't be far off??.....i may just be able to afford a seat at the back of the LA Coluseum because the demand for this show will go way beyond dodger stadium....even if they play two or three shows.....i imagine floor seats up front will be well in excess of 10,000 if you have to buy them from the brokers.....and trust me.....most of us will.....so I guess I am sitting in the back this time?

8 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Yeah, I was thinking they will easily be 2k+ for anything remotely close to the floor. Floor will be even worse. Just look at U2's prices, I looked at their show in Santa Clara and for practically nosebleed seats it was $1100. AFD5 will be just as bad or worse. :thumbsdown:

Maybe I could morph myself into a fly ... and see the show as a fly on the wall... bad thing is I would have to fly across one #HUGE ocean and a #HUGE continent to get there.

e11.gif

Maybe not... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

There would probably be very few tickets to actually buy-at least good tickets. If they announced one or two shows in LA those shows would be chock full of celebrities and industry people and their various hangers-on.  Plus all the band's families and hangers-on. Plus the rented out models. If AFD5 happens we just have to pray that there is 1 person there who is close to the stage, who becomes possessed enough with the spirit of Izzy to keep their camera on him the whole night and then posts the video. Better then nothing.

• Like 1

Do you guys remember axl did not want to go the induction because he wanted to pick the people to get inducted.  I have a feeling if it's a 30th anniversary concert he will pick who he wants up there so there will be a chance Izzy and/or Steven won't be there.. I hope not.. I won't be able to afford the tickets and flight with hotel so I will sit home and watch it on periscope hopefully.. hopeful someone will upload it to YouTube.

Izzy has been quiet lately but that really doesn't mean much.  Izzy will appear for a while than disappear for a while.  He is a mystery.. 

i dont think axl will have Izzy sign something saying stay quiet because Izzy can behave..

13 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

There would probably be very few tickets to actually buy-at least good tickets. If they announced one or two shows in LA those shows would be chock full of celebrities and industry people and their various hangers-on.  Plus all the band's families and hangers-on. Plus the rented out models. If AFD5 happens we just have to pray that there is 1 person there who is close to the stage, who becomes possessed enough with the spirit of Izzy to keep their camera on him the whole night and then posts the video. Better then nothing.

Idea.  

We all pool our money and buy one of the NO! Gang members a ticket.  I'll take one for the team (since I'm such a giver :D), and I'll film Izzy the whole entire time.  Camera will not move.  Swear to God.  Made of stone.  Like a goddamn mannequin.giphy_(11).gif?1452900841

4 minutes ago, Cold Jen Time said:

Idea.  

We all pool our money and buy one of the NO! Gang members a ticket.  I'll take one for the team (since I'm such a giver :D), and I'll film Izzy the whole entire time.  Camera will not move.  Swear to God.  Made of stone.  Like a goddamn mannequin.

Yiss yiss yiss

...But I'm closer. It should be me. And I have the camera equipment already. (That they most definitely wont let me take in but whatever.) So...

giphy.gif

But jokes aside, if it's AFD5 and I can afford to go I promise I will film Izzy the entire time. You guys will just have to ignore my sobbing from excitement in the background.

Edited by Kris_1989