Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

15 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

There's ALWAYS a chance! Oh no, wait, it's Guns N' Roses we're talking about, sorry. :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found that quote from Axl. It's from 2002!! Talking about Richard replacing Paul Huge (when the original band getting back together wasn't a possibility at all). Fortus edited the quote :facepalm:

On Richard Fortus replacing Paul Tobias:

Axl: "Paul helped us a lot in the writing and the recording of this record and to me was a vital part of not only the band but also my life. The world tour really wasn't his cup of tea whereas he's much more comfortable in a studio setting. We're fortunate to have found Richard who has this vibe kind of like [former guitarist] Izzy [Stradlin] but with amazing feel. The first thing I heard Richard play was the beginning of 'Stray Cat Blues' by the STONES and he did it with the right feel. Richard likes to play rhythm. He's an amazing lead player and very technically skilled. He really likes the pocket that Brain sets and the two of them click with Tommy so we finally have the real deal rhythm section, as Richard is a proven professional. Basically, Richard's the guy that we always were looking for. I think that we'll go on to write some very interesting things with Richard and he's already done some rhythm work and some leads on the album." 

Axl did do a silly comparisson between Richard and Izzy but he was basically talking about how Richard was the right fit to play with Brain and Tommy in the Nu band. I loved how Axl was talking wonders about Paul Huge but then some honesty slipped through and he said "we finally have the reao deao rhythm section", admitting Paul SUCKS!

Didn't have the time to read the whol interview right now but it seems interesting, Axl didn't sound so angry and bitter at Slash at that point.

So if we are talking about misrepresentation /over-hyping skills,  Lortus could take over GN'R:s social media department?

I like the name Lortus and will go with it till the bitter end. :D I don't like Lortus in the band, I think he looks like a n 80ies Izzy copycat, I don't like his tattoos and find his quote offensive, too. I didn't check his website, not interested enough.

And I just realized that Richard and Lortus are the same person, never figured that out before. NuGnR doesn't impress me much :shrugs:

The Izzy-news-lessness is getting to me. Can't be that difficult to tweet something, can it? 

1 minute ago, Kris_1989 said:

Ok so I've been working on getting our own little unofficial fan page up and running but I need your help on some stuff:

1. What should we call it?
  2. Right now I've got sections for all his lyrics, music videos, a list where people can buy his music, interviews & articles, and a tour section. Anything else I should add?

I mainly want to try and get everything that's on wayback machine on this new page so that info doesn't get lost for good. (with full credit to the original sites, obviously :))

WOW! Awesome idea! Name? Something like "Izzy's NO-Gang" or so?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

WOW! Awesome idea! Name? Something like "Izzy's NO-Gang" or so?

Right now I've just got it as unofficializzystradlin but I'm ok with whatever you guys want. :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AslatIE said:

You guys are weird

I think this thread's title is self-explanatory

Wacky World of The Ominous Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang  

synonyms for wacky = eccentric, zany, kooky, nutty as a fruitcake

Thanks for the compliment  anyway:lol:

3 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Ok so I've been working on getting our own little unofficial fan page up and running but I need your help on some stuff:

1. What should we call it?
  2. Right now I've got sections for all his lyrics, music videos, a list where people can buy his music, interviews & articles, and a tour section. Anything else I should add?

I mainly want to try and get everything that's on wayback machine on this new page so that info doesn't get lost for good. (with full credit to the original sites, obviously :))

Sounds like a great  idea. I have to take off for few hours.. I'll think about those if I come up with anything.. 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
typo
  • Like 1

@Kris_1989 you're awesome for doing that! If you need any kind of help just let me know even though my knowledge on that field is very limited. :ph34r:

I'm terrible for names. I do have a folder on my PC for all things Izzy and I named it "Shuffle it all" cause it kinda suits him, but is not original at all.:shrugs:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

@Kris_1989 you're awesome for doing that! If you need any kind of help just let me know even though my knowledge on that field is very limited. :ph34r:

I'm terrible for names. I do have a folder on my PC for all things Izzy and I named it "Shuffle it all" cause it kinda suits him, but is not original at all.:shrugs:

I almost went with that but I also kinda like "On Down the Road" since that seems to be a running theme in a lot of his songs.

Here's what I've got done so far: http://bit.ly/2qpJHib (Obviously the link will change once we pick a name :P) And let me know if you guys think I should change the picture on the front page. That was the only one I could find that wasn't super grainy.

I'll probably finish the lyrics sections today and then I'll work on the tour section tomorrow. You guys can definitely help me with the interview & picture section though. :headbang:

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I almost went with that but I also kinda like "On Down the Road" since that seems to be a running theme in a lot of his songs.

Here's what I've got done so far: http://bit.ly/2qpJHib (Obviously the link will change once we pick a name :P) And let me know if you guys think I should change the picture on the front page. That was the only one I could find that wasn't super grainy.

I'll probably finish the lyrics sections today and then I'll work on the tour section tomorrow. You guys can definitely help me with the interview & picture section though. :headbang:

Just WOW!!!!!!!! :headbang:

This site looks so incredibly cool! LOVE it.

I like the slightly passive aggressive plain damn hopeful and adorbable "Tour Info" button!  :P

Edited by Tori72

21 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Wow, it looks amazing!! I like "On down the road" too, yeah, any theme related with roads, bikes, moving forward suits him! 

Just a little thing I noticed 

Spoiler

there's a little typo on the discography section, it says Wave of heart instead of heat. :)

Ah I forgot. The picture is great, one of my favorites. :heart:

Edited by Darkenchantress

6 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Hide contents

there's a little typo on the discography section, it says Wave of heart instead of heat. :)

Oops! I'll go fix it now, thanks for telling me!

14 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I like the slightly passive aggressive plain damn hopeful and adorbable "Tour Info" button!  :P

:lol: I am going to put all the juju hounds tour info there too. So it's not totally passive aggressive. :smiley-confused2:

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AslatIE said:

You guys are weird

make-your-weird-light-shine-bright-so-the-other-weirdos-4280495.png

:P

15 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

@Kris_1989, great idea. The site looks really impressive so far :thumbsup: Front picture looks good :drool:, no need to change that. 

"On Down The Road" - I vote for that name. 

So how can we help? How should we send you database with interviews (links or .doc file)? What about pictures? What is the most convenient way for you?