Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

11 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Thx! 

23 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Look what just showed up!

UWTOahq.png

Cant believe I'm actually going. :nervous:

Have fun!! Dont forget to wear tshirt tht represents Our NO!  Gang just in case Ninja Izzy is somewhere hiding in the crowd :awesomeface:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SerenityScorp said:

Thx! 

Have fun!! Dont forget to wear tshirt tht represents Our NO!  Gang just in case Ninja Izzy is somewhere hiding in the crowd :awesomeface:

I've got a beanie with "No! Gang" written on it. :P I was going to wear a Izzy shirt but I don't want to get kicked out. :awesomeface:

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I've got a beanie with "No! Gang" written on it. :P I was going to wear a Izzy shirt but I don't want to get kicked out. :awesomeface:

Seriously speaking, could they really do that? I mean kick somebody out just for wearing Izzy shirt? Goddamn fascists. I understand if  someone would bring something potentially dangerous there.. but a shirt? 

• Like 1

Just now, Fourteenbeers said:

Seriously speaking, could they really do that? I mean kick somebody out just for wearing Izzy shirt? Goddamn fascists. I understand if  someone would bring something potentially dangerous there.. but a shirt?

Not sure if they would with Izzy because "he's family" :awesomeface: But they've done some stuff in the past to people wearing Slash shirts and tore up that women's "where's Izzy" sign.

I figured it just wasn't worth the risk. :shrugs:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

I just remember that one insider on here that said one of them asked for more money last minute and that's what caused the negotiation problems with Izzy. I don't think Axl would be asking for more money... he's already the highest paid so it's not like he needs it. Duff would be stupid to do that because as mean as it is to say he's not selling any extra tickets. So that leaves Slash. The one who just got divorced and may be wanting to replenish the bank. :smiley-confused2:

But regardless of the money thing, looking back on all the crap they've done over the past year, Izzy has plenty of legitimate reasons to not want anything to do with this tour. They've been pretty disrespectful to him and Steven so I can't blame him if that's the case.

On 3.6.2017 at 4:52 PM, Kris_1989 said:

If he's only playing guest spots he wouldn't be at every show so he could still show up. :shrugs: 

I really don't think Axl's the one causing the problems. I think it's one of the other two *cough*slash*cough* or TB fucked something up.

I've said it before in this thread but Axl is like a child with his emotions, he can't hide them. If he was pissed at Izzy he would've shown it by now.

I agree 100% with everything you've said here, but the bolded is a good point I hadn't thought of yet.

But it's very true- on the two occasions I can recall of Axl talking about Izzy since the NITL tour started, he didn't seem pissed off at all. Quite the opposite actually. When he replied to that girl holding the "Where's Izzy?" sign at a show, he was grinning and joking around and in a pretty damn good mood. And during the Brazilian interview, he didn't seem angry either, mostly just unable to explain the situation and a bit drugged. But he was like that for the entire interview, basically.

21 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It seems that Izzy didn't send CD back (but he said he hadn't listened to all of it :lol:):

According to The Pulse of Radio, former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Izzy Stradlin hasn't heard all of the band's new album, "Chinese Democracy", but he likes what he has heard. Stradlin, who quit the group in 1991, told Punk.bz, "I have listened to some tracks off the record and I enjoyed them."

Hah!

Told y'all  :awesomeface:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Popping in to comment on this because this is something I've occasionally been thinking about as well in the last months.

Izzy has this aura of unflappable coolness and mystery that surrounds him, but I actually think there's a pretty sensitive and caring side to him as well, even though not many people seem to see it. I've only come to this conclusion throughout the past year myself, mostly through learning stuff about Izzy from the Women's Thread that I wasn't previously aware of.

We don't know much about Izzy, but like @Darkenchantress said, there are all these stories and bits of information floating around now that slightly altered my perception of him. The stories @Darkenchantress mentioned, or those interviews @Frey mentioned where he seemed worried about Axl, Slash and Duff. That interview where he talked about art and album artwork and how important that was to him as kid and learning that he likes to draw himself. Seeing him check on a little kid on stage with them, him getting upset over Slash's book and  some stuff other people like Chris Weber or Niven have said about Izzy (and Axl), ... And all these cute childhood stories, like Izzy getting defensive over his mom, or Axl and Izzy working on art projects together in art class, Izzy knowing about Axl's messed up home life and Izzy's mom buying Christmas presents for Axl... And many other little bits and pieces I can't think of right now.

All in all, I get the impression Izzy was a good kid and a bit later, fueled by teenage/young adult cockiness and drugs, he ended up in pretty dark places for a while there, but then found himself again when he got clean and left all that behind him. Nowadays, he strikes me as the most "normal" and down-to-earth guy out of all of them (for the most part, anyway). Must be hard for him to deal with divas like Axl and Slash at times :rolleyes:  I assume this is also why he liked to hang out with Duff a lot, since Duff always seemed to be the other relatively normal and level-headed guy, after Izzy. Who knows how much of that currently still holds true though. If I had to bet however, I'd agree with @Kris_1989 , @Darkenchantress etc. about Slash being the main factor in this debacle, since everything seems to point in that direction :facepalm:

- Where I could get this information?

-Isnt just because He likes blonde like You Guys said before?  :awesomeface: *Btw how do You Guys know tht Hes into blondes?  Or are You assuming tht because His ex GF/Wife are/is blondes? 

8 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Dats so cool!  I wanna see! :headbang:

They're still making it. When it gets here I'll post a pic. :) 

8 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

lol even @Kris_1989 has got tickets before me :lol:

:lol: Have you tried calling them about it? Your show is so close I would think they'd be there by now. :nervous:

----

I completely agree, @Lumikki! Not to ruin Izzy's "dangerous" image :awesomeface: but I think Izzy is very laid back, caring and doesn't seem to hold grudges against anyone. The story about him checking in on Steven while Steven was suing them also sticks out to me. As far as I know I think Izzy was the only one who stayed in contact with Steven and made sure he was ok around that time.

5 minutes ago, Frey said:

I agree 100% with everything you've said here, but the bolded is a good point I hadn't thought of yet.

But it's very true- on the two occasions I can recall of Axl talking about Izzy since the NITL tour started, he didn't seem pissed off at all. Quite the opposite actually. When he replied to that girl holding the "Where's Izzy?" sign at a show, he was grinning and joking around and in a pretty damn good mood. And during the Brazilian interview, he didn't seem angry either, mostly just unable to explain the situation and a bit drugged. But he was like that for the entire interview, basically.

Exactly! The Brazilian interview is what stuck out to me the most. Axl was so nonchalant about the question, if he was mad I think there would have been some sort of reaction. I wonder if Axl has even talked to Izzy during this whole process or if he only goes through TB at this point? We know TB filters every piece of info Axl gets so maybe it's possible Axl doesn't really know what happened with Izzy? That would explain his vague answer to the question. :shrugs:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

I've been on news blackout (or whatever the hell the expression is) since yesterday... just found out what happened in London.. fuck... not this again. :(

It's awful. :( I'm surprised nobody in the GNR camp said anything other than Dizzy. I know Duff made a tweet but I don't know wtf that was supposed to be about. :facepalm:

@Kris_1989 what web service did u use? I am trying to do a webpage and don't have a lot of money to do it.. also U did a great job with your Website. I no this is not fully izzy related but I just need some assistant.  

I am not sure Izzy will tweet out that he will playing with Guns when and where.  Axl will not let him.  I wish he would.  I don't have time to go on periscope every concert to see if he is playing.  

I am beginning to not like axl and personal gang more and more.

1 minute ago, Stizzyfan01 said:

@Kris_1989 what web service did u use? I am trying to do a webpage and don't have a lot of money to do it.. also U did a great job with your Website. I no this is not fully izzy related but I just need some assistant. 

I used wix.com since it's free.  They've also got free templates you can use if you don't want to make the site from scratch. Hope that helps :)