Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

13 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Izzy was never in rehearsals. How could he have been in for Vegas and Coachella if the deal with him was never done?

giphy.gif

Ask Eddie Money.:smiley-confused2:

Edited by Kris_1989

Hello, missed you guy's, so skimmed through the last couple of pages and we seem to be dabating why Izzy is still lost in inaction. ?

I really think it's because it all happened far more organically than we assume, GnR were asked to play Coachella,(if they stated full reunion than my theory is redundant) which I am of the understanding, Axl and Slash were stipulated for mega bucks, and Duff naturally filled the role of Tommy who was all ready out. At this time I would assume they were not expecting to roll out a huge tour but we're happy, surprised even, to see they could get along and resolve the issues they had and play together with what existed of Axls NuGuns line up.

I think way to late in the game, after resolving issues, they realised that they had the makings of a reunion that could be built into a tour, not wishing to sack Axls band mates who he remains loyal too, or those band members having the foresight to step aside (Ashba does have his virtues) the only way round it was to bring in Izzy and Steven in as guests.

Regardless of what we think of this as fans or outsiders, I don't think this would have been an easy decision. I also see, having got this far, nobody was likly to walk away just because it wasn't AFD5. So whether they offered a low ball to Izzy who knows, it's quite clear he was offended. I like to think it was more than money, maybe he feel left out of original discussions, or not enough effort was made to include him, why not second guitarist with Dickie in third? It's been done before and I would rather Izzy in than out. 

I still think, Izzy wants to be included, but this late in the game unfortunately he comes in with the decisions made, and the others telling him what role to play, I think he has stated in the past his not good with this and genuinely doesn't seem happy when things are beyond his control or input.  Couple this with the fact that his resuming a relationship with management, fans  and touring I just don't think the terms were good enough for him or dare I say that he wanted it badly enough. 

I would be surprised if he doesn't turn up at some of the arena shows, I think that's more Izzy style, and if they shake things up a bit, no reason why they couldn't have sorted the negotiations with Izzy early, something that meets everybody's needs - assuming that is, if they want him included. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

But Axl toured pretty consistently with NuGNR after CD was released so I don't think he would've been hurting that much financially. And he had to of known a massive check was coming his way with Slash back in the fold. So I still can't picture him asking for more money than 50% (if that's what he's getting).

I don't know if Axl was making as much money as you think. He owed money to Pitman, didn't he? And Slash knew as well as him they would make a lot of money so why would that theory apply to him? Again, personally I don't believe Axl asked for more money, I don't believe anyone did.

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

No because I think Duff is the type of guy that doesn't pick sides and tries to mend fences from the inside if makes sense. I know he's never taken credit for it but I don't doubt for one second that it was Duff that put the bug in Axl's ear to call Slash. Everyone and their mother has tried to claim responsibility for NITL but I think we all know it started with Duff's help.

Hmm, I don't know what you mean. If one of my best friends screwed another of my best friends over money, I'm sure I'd be upset :shrugs:

I think you might be on to something with this. Maybe it really doesn't have anything to do with money (although that's what Izzy's bullshit tweet alluded to) Maybe it really just comes down to Izzy wanting AFD5 or nothing and Axl not willing to budge and let go of the transplants. Maybe Axl was worried how this tour would go with Slash? Maybe he was worried that Duff & Slash would quit on him and if he had given up the hired hands for Izzy & Steven he'd be left with nothing? If you look at it that way, it is a bit of a risk for Axl to take. He'd be giving up complete control and that's not something I could see Axl ever doing. No matter how much the guy has mellowed out I think he needs some sense of control to tour.

Well, I'm not saying money had NOTHING to do because it probably played a role (Izzy said so) but I totally believe there were other things too. I mean, back then Slash would always talk about doing the reunion for the right reasons with the five guys (which he didn't do :max:) but Axl, he said he could only see things working with Slash and Duff, not with the others and for whatever reason, that's exactly what happened.

I don't think Eddie Money is a liar though and he's the one that said Izzy was in for Vegas (and I think Coachella?). That guys been right about everything he's said except for that so I think it's safe to assume that Izzy was in at some point?

I don't think he's a liar either but his sources could be wrong on that. There was a setlist that was supposedly from The Troubadour that included Izzy's songs and all but how do we explain Izzy's tweet saying he wasn't involved in the april shows. As far as I know, he opened his twitter account especially to deny his involvement IN THOSE SHOWS. You're making me feel confused again about all this old shit :lol:

Why don't you ask your source what happened so we can stop speculating? :lol: (kidding)

Because I know I won't get an answer :P

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I can't see Izzy expecting to just go straight into being the AFD5 again and tour like they are doing whilst making an album. It's just not realistic, he must know this, like we all do.

Axl and Adler, on a tour of this magnitude, making an album as they go?? :lol: 

I like Steven, but I don't always believe what he says and I don't believe Izzy would tell him much at all. I personally don't think Izzy would have a problem with Fortus or Frank being there, I don't see him being like that, I really don't. I feel like he's a respectful guy and he was when he played with them before and I don't think he'd begrudge them some kind of role and he knows they're important to Axl. That's just my take on it, though. 

And @Kris_1989 I think it always comes down to control with Axl. He will be clinging to that 50%, you can bet he is, he won't give any of that up to anyone. Sadly. A shame because I think he could trust Izzy more than the other two :ph34r:

Hmmm, that's exactly what Slash does, isn't it? Why can't Steven tour and record? He said he and Fortus wrote a song together, he's a guy who would be jamming 24/7 if he could, especially with the other four GNR idiots :P It's not like he's in charge of writing the lyrics or something :lol:

I don't think Izzy has a problem with those guys either but you don't have to have a problem with people who don't belong in your band to not want them in your band. He didn't seem to happy to have Matt instead of Steven because of how it affected the band's sound and he didn't have any problems with Matt. Now Frank screws the band's sound way worse and Richard is basically playing his role.

• Like 1

Wow :wow: I have caught up in the main section, with the shows I have missed and there's some serious disgruntled posters, I see the tide turning, Axls halo is slipping, voice, set list, engagement with the audience :popcorn:. It's time to role out the Stradlin and inject some excitement, seriously we are only on the third date of the European tour and there's a lot of hate on those tour threads. :facepalm:

@Darkenchantress So glad you got patience, did you rock your Izzy t-shirt? Kidnapp the three amigos, tie them to chairs played Izzy albums, until they wept at the thought of setting foot on stage again without him. Team B have currently set up camp in Izzy avacado patch negotiating a new contract with Izzy on 50% as they realise they have been worshiping false idols. 

:crazy: I think a weeks worth of essays on budget and cost analysis and the children at home from school might have fried my brain a little bit.

Edited by Archtop

On 4.6.2017 at 5:24 PM, Kris_1989 said:

I wonder if Axl has even talked to Izzy during this whole process or if he only goes through TB at this point? We know TB filters every piece of info Axl gets so maybe it's possible Axl doesn't really know what happened with Izzy? That would explain his vague answer to the question. :shrugs:

I really, really hope Axl isn't that far gone.

Like, I'd hope he at least talks to Izzy on the phone every now and then and asks questions about the whys and hows of what's going on with the band.

If he really doesn't know what happened with the whole Izzy thing, that'd suggest a terrifying lack of control or caring to me for whatever reasons (mental health issues, TB manipulation, being drugged to the gills...). But since Axl does have a control freak reputation, I pray this isn't the case.

3 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

If that was the case, he would suck so bad at making ammends :rofl-lol:

The Duff-Izzy thing is really weird to me too. I though Duff would make sure Izzy was there no matter what but that wasn't the case. But don't you think he would resent Slash if he left his best buddy out? Yet, Duff (and his whole family) love Slash and they're closer than ever.

He does suck at that. Have you never seen Perla's list of lame Slash excuses? :awesomeface:

But Izzy isn't Duff's best buddy. Slash is. Duff has always chosen Slash over Izzy throughout the history of this band and I think he always will, so I'm not really surprised. They're practically family.

I think it's like this: Duff may be Izzy's best buddy in the band (I'm disregarding Axl here because Izzy and Axl's relationship is complicated lol), but Izzy is not Duff's.

Which sucks for Izzy, because he doesn't really have anyone who'd stick up for him, since Axl and Steven are both too screwed up/incapable of doing so for various reasons.

2 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

No because I think Duff is the type of guy that doesn't pick sides and tries to mend fences from the inside if makes sense. I know he's never taken credit for it but I don't doubt for one second that it was Duff that put the bug in Axl's ear to call Slash. Everyone and their mother has tried to claim responsibility for NITL but I think we all know it started with Duff's help.

Duff himself may not have taken credit for it, but other people like Duff's wife, Marc Canter and some guy whose name I can't remember anymore have basically confirmed that this is what happened. So yeah, I agree that is what happened.

Also agree with the people saying it wasn't just about the money. It's always way more difficult with this band, there are probably layers upon layers of issues and miscommunication involved. Can't wait for the tell-all book one day.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I mean, back then Slash would always talk about doing the reunion for the right reasons with the five guys (which he didn't do :max:)

I remember him talking about doing it "for the right reasons", but not the part in bold. Is there a quote of him saying it?

I don't know what happens on Axl's mind, but Duff and Slash would love to have back Izzy, in fact before the reunion, they played together in Buenos Aires and i had the chance to talk to them and when asked for Izzy, i said : "Hey bring Izz next time so he can see this craziness "  both laugh with suspicion like hiding something but they were very happy about that idea ... I was disappointed because I bet if they had supported Steven and Izzy with the equality thing, they would all be together now, but maybe they didn't want to fuck the whole reunion ... besides the money issues they agree with the deal for the fans, in that show played with Gilby Clarke, when people started shouting GUNS N ROSES they put that same face that I said before, happy because they were going to make true the dream for all, so I'm not mad at them ... I talked to Susan last year and I thanked her, because the people who is close to them told me that she was the one who persuaded Duff to start talking with everyone to make it all possible ... but Axl once more took control over everything :wacko: ( that's the version i have) 

All those speculations always add up to

- had to do with money because Izzy said so

- must have been more than money because this band is complicated

- Izzy has been on good terms with anyone for a long period of time so it can't be that

- Axl seems in a good mood over Izzy so it can't be that

- Maybe Slash did something, but then again he always respected Izzy

- Izzy has been said to being into a reunion but then again was not invited early enough and supposedly never attended any rehearsings

We don't know shit and nothing really makes sense. Fact is, Izzy isn't there and we cannot figure out why because nothing really sums up.

I am also frustrated that he isn't there and won't be showing up in Europe and it's not as if our speculations would make him come.

Sorry, I feel like kicking things, so that's my mood about all this right now.

Don't misunderstand I'm not saying you should stop speculating, do what you do. For me, it doesn't take me anywhere and it just feels even more ... ugh!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

We don't know shit and nothing really makes sense.

For me, it doesn't take me anywhere and it just feels even more ... ugh!

What she said:lol:

2 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

You are one of the few haha! Seriously those guys over there! :facepalm:

It's always the same group of guys going like :bitchfight: without going too far with the insults. It's funny to me.

12 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

It's always the same group of guys going like :bitchfight: without going too far with the insults. It's funny to me.

My personal favorites are the guys who complain about the complaining in every thread. Like that's somehow better than complaining. :lol:

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

All those speculations always add up to

- had to do with money because Izzy said so

- must have been more than money because this band is complicated

- Izzy has been on good terms with anyone for a long period of time so it can't be that

- Axl seems in a good mood over Izzy so it can't be that

- Maybe Slash did something, but then again he always respected Izzy

- Izzy has been said to being into a reunion but then again was not invited early enough and supposedly never attended any rehearsings

We don't know shit and nothing really makes sense. Fact is, Izzy isn't there and we cannot figure out why because nothing really sums up.

I am also frustrated that he isn't there and won't be showing up in Europe and it's not as if our speculations would make him come.

Sorry, I feel like kicking things, so that's my mood about all this right now.

Don't misunderstand I'm not saying you should stop speculating, do what you do. For me, it doesn't take me anywhere and it just feels even more ... ugh!

Yeah totally, we don't know shit and it has to do with GNR's way of sell themselves, they were always criticizing press ( and they were right cause, journalism said shit a lot of times) but they love to play with that too... so i understand how you feel... they didn't like speculation but they never explain what the fuck is going on. I don't think is bad to speculate but with respect and knowing there are only theories. The only bad thing in my case is that i want to turn the page about the whole thing but i can't cause i don't know if Izzy is going to appear and i don't want it to miss it..  it would be great if he made an interview to clarify everything, i don't care if he wants to join them or keep moving on as long he's happy, but i want to know so i can't stop waiting for something that is never going to happen,  so that's why assume he could be in the band in a future... He doesn't have to say what they did or say to him if he doesn't like all the drama but he can say what he wanted to do in the beginning and if he has really decided to end his story with GNR.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Izzyarg said:

The only bad thing in my case is that i want to turn the page about the whole thing but i can't cause i don't know if Izzy is going to appear and i don't want it to miss it..  it would be great if he made an interview to clarify everything, i don't care if he wants to join them or keep moving on as long he's happy, but i want to know so i can't stop waiting for something that is never going to happen,

^ This is my problem. If he would say he was not involved for sure I could just let it go, sell my ticket and move on. But now I'm stuck waiting and hoping he'll turn up somewhere. Which is pretty stupid of me. :wacko:

Also sorry for all the speculating guys... I know we know absolutely nothing for certain. I'm more or less just rambling trying to make sense of it all. :lol: I'll shut up now with my conspiracy theories.

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

^ This is my problem. If he would say he was not involved for sure I could just let it go, sell my ticket and move on. But now I'm stuck waiting and hoping he'll turn up somewhere. Which is pretty stupid of me. :wacko:

He could take this two questions as a mini interview ( i'm journalist so it will be an official question :awesomeface: )  

Since we are all depressed with Izzy's M.I.A i send you this song to all the gang ( i was listening them last night and i thought of us guys rock3 )

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Frey said:

I really, really hope Axl isn't that far gone.

Like, I'd hope he at least talks to Izzy on the phone every now and then and asks questions about the whys and hows of what's going on with the band.

If he really doesn't know what happened with the whole Izzy thing, that'd suggest a terrifying lack of control or caring to me for whatever reasons (mental health issues, TB manipulation, being drugged to the gills...). But since Axl does have a control freak reputation, I pray this isn't the case.

To me that is really weird combination - Axl's will to control everything vs. letting TB run things for him (if that really happens? and on what level?) What ever is the case, I doubt that TB has only Axl's best interest in mind.  

2 hours ago, Frey said:

But Izzy isn't Duff's best buddy. Slash is. Duff has always chosen Slash over Izzy throughout the history of this band and I think he always will, so I'm not really surprised. They're practically family.

I think it's like this: Duff may be Izzy's best buddy in the band (I'm disregarding Axl here because Izzy and Axl's relationship is complicated lol), but Izzy is not Duff's.

Which sucks for Izzy, because he doesn't really have anyone who'd stick up for him, since Axl and Steven are both too screwed up/incapable of doing so for various reasons.

That is something that really makes me sad.:unsure: I truly hope that Izzy has other people in his life who are better friends to him than his "family" in Gn'R. He deserves it. 

3 hours ago, Archtop said:

Wow :wow: I have caught up in the main section, with the shows I have missed and there's some serious disgruntled posters, I see the tide turning, Axls halo is slipping, voice, set list, engagement with the audience :popcorn:. It's time to role out the Stradlin and inject some excitement, seriously we are only on the third date of the European tour and there's a lot of hate on those tour threads. :facepalm:

I (and few others) tried to give some legit criticism on Axl's voice (I compared two WTTJ - performances- both recorded with crappy cell phone camera.) In Dubai he sounded good/OK and at the Slane gig he sounded like Mickey Mouse. All we got was: haters gonna hate, we just want to spread negativity, if Axl sounds bad it's the PA system, it's the wind, it's the crowd, it's everything but the actual source of voice. I wonder if they use the same excuses when he sounds good.:lol:

Some kid (he looked really young on his profile pic) was posting links to Axl's performances and praising how great they were (they were not, honestly). I  wonder if people really have a tin ear or is it just blind fanboyism. Trust me, I want and hope that Axl  would sound as good as possible (and I don't have any unrealistic expectations about his voice) 

That being said…the complaining in this forum. It’ could be a tempest in a teapot, not a representation of what the big audience/ casual fans think. (All though when it comes to complaints about the set list, I doubt the CD –songs get the crowd going wild.) Someone already called them ”pee-break songs” 

• Like 2

The complaining is for sure NOT the people who went to the shows....I am on Twitter and IG all the time and after the latest gig in Madrid, there was nothing but fans saying that their dreams had come true, fantastic show, amazing, once in a life type of thing. Tons of posts I saw like that! So all the bitching and moaning is mainly just here in the forum on the D/N page! :lol: The tweet below is an example of what I read on social media....

30 years later, these guys are still killing it! Unbelievable energy

Edited by marlingrl03

13 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

So... this is the first time I've managed to sit in front of my laptop since Sunday morning, it's been madness. Well, first things first, don't expect a review like the one @dgnr did from me cause, one, I'm too lazy, and two, I do have a terrible memory. :P So, I don't really know how to start. On Sunday afternoon I was a nervous wreck, I think even some part of me didn't want to get into the stadium and that must be why we entered around 9 pm and completely missed Lanegan and the other guy. BTW, i met so many nice people there. The girl i went with, we had known each other for some time online from another forum and we just met for real yesterday. We kinda clicked instantly and had a terrific time at the show. Ah, the show... It was like a fucking rollercoaster of emotions. Where do i start, OK, yes, first. Don't you cry tonight, Stradlin, I still love you, baby. You are the one. :heart: I must admit I didn't believe some of you when you told me I was gonna have a great time but man, i had the fucking time of my life. As soon as It's so easy started it was like being 11 again. I'm sure I looked like a little girl looking at the stage in disbelief just to make sure that they were there for real. We got into the stadium late so we weren't that close to the stage and I thought I was tall till i found myself buried in the crowd, so I mostly watched the whole thing through the screens with occasional little ballerina jumps on my tiptoes to make sure that they still there :lol:. I didn't need to see them anyway, at that point I was dancing and singing like crazy. The sound at first was really bad but it got better as the show went by when everything started to sound perfectly in place. The crowd, well, I guess you have seen the videos already, it was amazing. WTTJ was out of this world with everyone singing and jumping even though the sound wasn't good at that point and Axl had some kind of problem with something, don't know exactly what is was. I must say i was surprised with the people, i was expecting more SCOM/November rain people, if you know what i mean, but not at all. They (we!) gave their all and i think the band felt it cause, ha! We got Don't cry and Patience (yeah yeah we had to hear the fucking Seeker too, ugh.) Not gonna lie, there are things I'd change in a heartbeat (apart from kicking Richard Fortus, whom, now i can say, is an excellent guitar player but with zero to none charisma, and make place for the one and only king of rhythm guitar). Certain songs kill the mood totally (CD I'm looking at you) This I love is especially terrible, i hated it and i'm pretty positive i'm not the only one. People around was bored as fuck.... So, the holy trinity. Axl was good, the voice was OK, there was some Mickey at some point but the rest was decent enough. He changes clothes more than Beyonce and has a very questionable taste for jewelry. Dufflanders. Well, he is there, doing his job, i really didn't pay much attention to him. He had his moment with Attitude and does nice backing vocals for Axl most of the time. Slash. OK, pay that man every fucking euro or whatever he asks for cause he is a beast of the stage. Yeah, that's right, i said it, Slash is the true big star of this tour. He gives his all up there, he is everywhere and doesn't need to move as much as Lortus to get people's attention. He simply has it. When he plays is like magic happens. He becomes one with that guitar, he might not be the most skilled guitar player in the world but no one makes that guitar cry like Slash does. Estranged was immense, and is a song that i use to skip at home but this was something else. Another high was Civil War, YCBM, Nightrain and of course, SCOM with the whole stadium singing every fucking word and note. I would lie if I said i wasn't expecting for Izzy Stradlin to show up the whole show, cause i was but the encore was already there and nothing had changed. So when the first notes of Patience started to sound i lost it completely and started to cry like a stupid, mostly cause i was having so many feelings i couldn't hold it anymore. I was listening to my favorite song, live, a song written by Izzy... without Izzy. I was happy and sad at the same time and i felt stupid as fuck. 

This is getting long and i probably make no sense anymore so yes, i enjoyed the show. Yes, I'm happy I didn't sell my ticket, it was something i had in my list of "dreams to come true". And even though it was just half a dream come true, it was worth it. I know this is like the most terrible review ever written and I'm probably forgetting a lot of things so I'll try to comment about more things on my next posts.

I was waiting for this all day long :P I'm so glad you had such a great time! You even called them 'the holy trinity. Shit. What have they done to you? :o haha And c'mon now, make @BorderlineCrazy happy and say with all words that Slash is god :smiley-confused2:

And btw did you wear the 'Where's Izzy' shirt?

• Like 1

Y'all, I think I've hit my limit and can say that - at this point - I honestly do not fucking care if he ever gets back on stage with any of those guys. Is that wrong?!  :nervous: I don't mean to sound like an asshole and I certainly understand why ppl do want him back with GNR, so I'm not discounting those feelings at all.  Believe me, I COMPLETELY understand.  But from the outside looking in, he has more integrity and more class than any of them.  And I don't even want him on the same stage as the Pokémon.  This just isn't a band that I can see Izzy wanting to be a part of.

I loved the NITL show I saw, I am so glad I went, and I don't have any regrets. Truly amazing.  But right now I would just like some more music from Izzy.  And a solo tour.  A solo tour would be nice.  

Edited by Cold Jen Time
  • Like 4