Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

3 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Can I share to Izzy? :awesomeface:

Somebody should ask If Izzy could help Kris to complete the website: by adding some upcoming tour dates - I'm sure we all would appericiate it a lot.;)

2 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

giphy.gif

Come on. Izzy should be happy for having a fan who has made such a wonderful website about him.

36 minutes ago, Archtop said:

@Kris_1989 can you give me you twitter so I can credit you on your web site. So impressed you did a great job you need to reap all the fame and glory ?

sorry I'm really crap at remembering who's who on twitter, I should keep notes.

Thanks, @Archtop - I messaged her about the handle too ... Must give credit where credit is due! :headbang:

2 hours ago, Cold Jen Time said:

Thanks, @Archtop - I messaged her about the handle too ... Must give credit where credit is due! :headbang:

I'm OK when the account has the same user name or photo but otherwise I have a hard enough time running my accounts and remembering which one to post on ?

5 hours ago, Tori72 said:

lol

@SerenityScorp You should tell Izzy that this was made by the fan he once called "not a fan". :lol:

4 hours ago, Cold Jen Time said:

Oh don't worry, @SerenityScorp - Appetite for GNfnR already did on Twitter.  I posted it and two seconds later he had RT'd and tagged the Iz. :rofl-lol:

3 hours ago, Archtop said:

@Kris_1989 can you give me you twitter so I can credit you on your web site. So impressed you did a great job you need to reap all the fame and glory ?

sorry I'm really crap at remembering who's who on twitter, I should keep notes.

3 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Somebody should ask If Izzy could help Kris to complete the website: by adding some upcoming tour dates - I'm sure we all would appericiate it a lot.;)

Come on. Izzy should be happy for having a fan who has made such a wonderful website about him.

Thank you guys but that GNR timeline is the only thing that made me want to make the site. I figured since certain people are trying to rewrite Izzy's history, it's probably a good idea to get all of Izzy's info back online and easier to find in one place. I don't really want my name front and center on it because I don't want to upset Izzy again. I'm not sure how he feels about me after that whole song incident and I'm sure I'm the last person he would want running a fan page. :shrugs: 

Plus, at the end of the day the site was a group effort. So no need to credit me and please don't bother Izzy to much with it. :wacko:

(just fyi, today's my Bday so I'll probably be MIA the rest of the day, sorry!)

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 3

Ha Ha, I now know which account is yours, big Happy Birthday.

I respect you don't want to be named on the website, that's cool. In all honesty I don't see how Izzy could be anything but flattered by the amount of work you have put in to it, I know I would be chuffed to bits if someone was celebrating my work in this way. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Thank you guys but that GNR timeline is the only thing that made me want to make the site. I figured since certain people are trying to rewrite Izzy's history, it's probably a good idea to get all of Izzy's info back online and easier to find in one place. I don't really want my name front and center on it because I don't want to upset Izzy again. I'm not sure how he feels about me after that whole song incident and I'm sure I'm the last person he would want running a fan page. :shrugs: 

Plus, at the end of the day the site was a group effort. So no need to credit me and please don't bother Izzy to much with it. :wacko:

Ok, if that's the way you feel. But I'm gonna bother you with this: 

funny-girl-cat-dance-happy-birthday-gif.

:lol:

• Like 1

@Kris_1989 Any way you feel about this. But it was not a group thing, you did ALL the work. And it's amazing, there is a LOT, it looks really cool and Izzy should be so bloody flattered.

By the way, I am just reading this thread here that one of you posted the other day.

I'm on page 12 of 75 or so and highly entertained. I wasn't at all aware of the reunion in February 2016 and missed all of the fun. Man, Izzy is such a little weirdo, isn't he? Opening a twitter account to get some message to the media? What a funny thought is that? He acts as if he's never been a rockstar and doesn't know how to contact magazine staff. It's not difficult at all, especially not in 2016. If I was there, I wouldn't believe it's Izzy at all! Maybe it's not him, there is still no blue check thingy.

Discussing with Adam Greene on twitter which email to use. And then not writing an email but deleting all tweets of his conversation with him. This is so hilarious. Also the - I believe - joke remark to Rick Nielsen, was it? That Izzy baught A COMPUTER! (in 2016!!), left AVOCADO FARMING to open a twitter account. Which then has an avatar of a selfie showing his iphone. (So he wouldn't need the fucking computer for twitter, right? Right.)   It's so good it should be stand up comedy. LOL  And the whole Fan CSI work discussing things and tweeting back and forth with Andy Greene. :rofl-lol:

I'm looking forward to read more even if it's older than a year. Why is Izzy like that? Why is he such a weirdo? Was he playing with his fans for fun? Was he not getting how he came across? Was it just being new technology to him? Is it a funny side effect of Izzy paranoia (about whatever)? What kind of humour drives him? And why do I find him so adorable? :awesomeface:

Sorry, this is a long piece about nothing. I'm alone at home right now and this old threads keeps me entertained with the weirdest, funniest and dorkiest rocker guitarist the world has ever seen.

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Happy Birthday, beautiful!!!!!!  

So I had already credited you before I saw this.  Hope that's ok.  I didn't tag Izzy.  I hate tagging Izzy.  It freaks me out.

Have an amazing day, love! :heart:

• Like 1

@Tori72 That whole thread (avacadogate) was amazing,  really funny I have no idea what he was thinking making a Twitter. I feel he was peeved and did something in the moment perhaps wanting to sound off a little, and then as he calms it didn't really materialise into anything. Still I think if he wanted too he could use the account to promote his own work, a short snippet of a song with a link to iTunes would suffice . All in all his either to cool for his own good, or yes just weird. ?

I expect the next tweet to be a shout out too Kris for the amazing website... Just saying! ?

Edited by Archtop
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

By the way, I am just reading this thread here that one of you posted the other day.

I'm on page 12 of 75 or so and highly entertained. I wasn't at all aware of the reunion in February 2016 and missed all of the fun. Man, Izzy is such a little weirdo, isn't he? Opening a twitter account to get some message to the media? What a funny thought is that? He acts as if he's never been a rockstar and doesn't know how to contact magazine staff. It's not difficult at all, especially not in 2016. If I was there, I wouldn't believe it's Izzy at all! Maybe it's not him, there is still no blue check thingy.

Discussing with Adam Greene on twitter which email to use. And then not writing an email but deleting all tweets of his conversation with him. This is so hilarious. Also the - I believe - joke remark to Rick Nielsen, was it? That Izzy baught A COMPUTER! (in 2016!!), left AVOCADO FARMING to open a twitter account. Which then has an avatar of a selfie showing his iphone. (So he wouldn't need the fucking computer for twitter, right? Right.)   It's so good it should be stand up comedy. LOL  And the whole Fan CSI work discussing things and tweeting back and forth with Andy Greene. :rofl-lol:

I'm looking forward to read more even if it's older than a year. Why is Izzy like that? Why is he such a weirdo? Was he playing with his fans for fun? Was he not getting how he came across? Was it just being new technology to him? Is it a funny side effect of Izzy paranoia (about whatever)? What kind of humour drives him? And why do I find him so adorable? :awesomeface:

Sorry, this is a long piece about nothing. I'm alone at home right now and this old threads keeps me entertained with the weirdest, funniest and dorkiest rocker guitarist the world has ever seen.

You leave our boy alone. You bully. :P There's a huge learning curve to twitter. I'm sure we all looked like dorks too when we first opened accounts. :bitchfight:

And I'm sure that's him or he's got a friend/family member running it for him. He called Will to confirm the account was him and also the message left with Rolling Stone was definitely him. His voice is easy to recognize so I didn't have any doubts after the rolling stone voicemail.

As for being verified... :shrugs: Twitter changed their verification requirements in January so that's probably what's holding that back. You now need to submit I.D. & have an official website. I think the only way to get around it would be to have your management get in contact with Twitter and push it through that way but I can't picture Izzy wanting to jump through all those hoops for a little blue check. :lol:

The Izzy bullshit tweet thread is also comedy gold:

It cracks me up watching non-Izzy fans try to figure him out. :lol: They just don't get it.

11 minutes ago, Cold Jen Time said:

So I had already credited you before I saw this.  Hope that's ok.  I didn't tag Izzy.  I hate tagging Izzy.  It freaks me out.

Have an amazing day, love! :heart:

That's fine! I was mostly worried about everyone tagging Izzy all day. I could picture him being like "Oh god, not that chick again! I can't get rid of her!" :lol:

----

Thank you for all the birthday wishes (here & on twitter) you guys are way too nice to me. :hug:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kris_1989 said:

You leave our boy alone. You bully. :PThere's a huge learning curve to twitter. I'm sure we all looked like dorks too when we first opened accounts. :bitchfight:

And I'm sure that's him or he's got a friend/family member running it for him. He called Will to confirm the account was him and also the message left with Rolling Stone was definitely him. His voice is easy to recognize so I didn't have any doubts after the rolling stone voicemail.

As for being verified... :shrugs: Twitter changed their verification requirements in January so that's probably what's holding that back. You now need to submit I.D. & have an official website. I think the only way to get around it would be to have your management get in contact with Twitter and push it through that way but I can't picture Izzy wanting to jump through all those hoops for a little blue check. :lol:

The Izzy bullshit tweet thread is also comedy gold:

It cracks me up watching non-Izzy fans try to figure him out. :lol: They just don't get it.

That's fine! I was mostly worried about everyone tagging Izzy all day. I could picture him being like "Oh god, not that chick again! I can't get rid of her!" :lol:

----

Thank you for all the birthday wishes (here & on twitter) you guys are way too nice to me. :hug:

Nooooo, I'm not bullying at all, especially not Izzy!! He's so adorable with his twitter. :heart: Sorry, it just doesn't make much sense. You are very right, Kris,  the twitter learning curve is huge and we all went through it. But Izzy did it on this huge scale! :lol: I can't help it, I find him so funny at times. I wonder if he knows being funny or if it is just happening to him? lol 

I love you Izzy, don't get me wrong. I just have a weird sense of humour, I guess.

Just now, Tori72 said:

Nooooo, I'm not bullying at all, especially not Izzy!! He's so adorable with his twitter. :heart: Sorry, it just doesn't make much sense. You are very right, Kris,  the twitter learning curve is huge and we all went through it. But Izzy did it on this huge scale! :lol: I can't help it, I find him so funny at times. I wonder if he knows being funny or if it is just happening to him? lol 

I love you Izzy, don't get me wrong. I just have a weird sense of humour, I guess.

I know I was just teasing you. :hug:

I can totally picture Izzy pulling his hair out in frustration when all of that was happening. :lol: There were other threads on other forums that were just as funny. I think the other one was on GNR evolution? I'll see if I can find the link and post it here.

12 minutes ago, Archtop said:

@Tori72 That whole thread (avacadogate) was amazing,  really funny I have no idea what he was thinking making a Twitter. I feel he was peeved and did something in the moment perhaps wanting to sound off a little, and then as he calms it didn't really materialise into anything. Still I think if he wanted too he could use the account to promote his own work, a short snippet of a song with a link to iTunes would suffice . All in all his either to cool for his own good, or yeah just weird. ?

I expect the next tweet to be a shout out too Kris for the amazing website... Just saying! ?

Yeah, that seems to be a reasonably explanation. Sometimes it's these very human things out of the moment and afterwards you are left with a twitter account and some funny conversations to the media. :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kris_1989 said:

I know I was just teasing you. :hug:

I can totally picture Izzy pulling his hair out in frustration when all of that was happening. :lol: There were other threads on other forums that were just as funny. I think the other one was on GNR evolution? I'll see if I can find the link and post it here.

Oh, I'm glad you were teasing me :hug:

Yeah, bring all the Izzy twitter fun here! <3 

The site is so good @Kris_1989! Stradlin must believe you're a real fan by now :P Thank you for taking the time doing this :wub:

Also, off-topic, my post-concert depression is so big by now that I lost my mind today and just bought a ticket for Aerosmith on June 26th - with money I don't have. Maybe Izzy will show up, who knows :shrugs:

giphy.gif

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

Also, off-topic, my post-concert depression is so big by now that I lost my mind today and just bought a ticket for Aerosmith on June 26th - with money I don't have. Maybe Izzy will show up, who knows :shrugs:

Aerosmith is always amazing live, you'll have a great time even without Izzy!