Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

3 minutes ago, annabanana said:

Thanks :) I probably wasn't able to convey my thoughts better, wasn't demanding just hoping. Will just go back to lurking :) 

Well, I guess it may come out as agressive the "how hard can it be" part but yeah, it didn't feel to me like you were demanding anything. I guess it's just a misunderstanding.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Well, I guess it may come out as agressive the "how hard can it be" part but yeah, it didn't feel to me like you were demanding anything. I guess it's just a misunderstanding.

I agree. I took it as you wishing...hoping...not demanding. Writing thoughts and feelings is always hard bc ppl don't get to see your expression and hear your tone.  

As for me, no, I don't think he owes us anything - but yes, it sure would be nice to have more music.  In the meantime, I'm going to sit here and be depressed about the Predators losing the Stanley Cup just now. 

Edited by Cold Jen Time
  • Like 1

All right. I pretty much knew this would happen after I posted that. But hindsight is 20/20.

It proved me right: that you are awesome fans.

Just to make myself clear:

My post was not about blaming Izzy for anything (or demanding something from him), but about me and my frustration over the current situation: Izzy going totally quiet and the fact that when time goes on, it seems more and more apparent that I have got zero/ very little chances to ever see him live.:cry:

Few points from me:

He’s not a performing monkey.  (I'm pretty sure he's homo sapiens, just like us:lol:)

He doesn’t owe us anything.

Yes - he has done plenty of things for his fans over the years – I’ve never said he hasn’t. All the music he has released alone is a proof of that.

About Izzy and social media: @Kris_1989 you made a very good point about that. 

And his absence from NITLT –tour – even though I don’t know the whole truth, I’m willing to believe that he had good reasons to say no and the main cause of him skipping the tour is somebody else.

I guess me having any kind of expectations/hopes about anything makes me a bad/entitled fan, but I’m not gonna lie about being content with the situation when I’m not.  

If you guys are content, then good for you.  Hugs and kisses to you all :hug:

P.S @Cold Jen Time you like hockey too? :)

• Like 1

My issue isn't people wanting more or wishing for more. My issue is saying he doesn't care about his fans because he's not doing what YOU want. That's beyond childish. And the comment "how hard can it be" was pretty uncalled for when I don't think any of us have ever written a song. Much less 100+ songs like Izzy has written. :facepalm:

I don't think that's me "overreacting". But whatever...

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

My issue isn't people wanting more or wishing for more. My issue is saying he doesn't care about his fans because he's not doing what YOU want. That's beyond childish. And the comment "how hard can it be" was pretty uncalled for when I don't think any of us have ever written a song. Much less 100+ songs like Izzy has written. :facepalm:

Kris i'm really sorry about the phrase "how hard can it be". I didn't think it would come across that way, it's something that I regularly use that never really caused any issues. But I honestly am sorry I didn't put into consideration the fact that we're not having a verbal conversation and you won't be able to hear my tone and the manner of how it was said. I should've chosen my words better. 

9 minutes ago, annabanana said:

Kris i'm really sorry about the phrase "how hard can it be". I didn't think it would come across that way, it's something that I regularly use that never really caused any issues. But I honestly am sorry I didn't put into consideration the fact that we're not having a verbal conversation and you won't be able to hear my tone and the manner of how it was said. I should've chosen my words better. 

Honestly you really aren't the one I have a problem with so I apologize if you felt like I was jumping on you.

Its just a couple people who I see doing this all the time and it's been getting on my nerves. But it doesn't matter.

Edited by Kris_1989

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

I must have missed something then. I thought it was mostly a response to @annabanana's post (which, again, came out the wrong way but I don't think was meant like that) and it was a bit too much considering she just started posting. 

I don't know what's the origin of this issue as I don't recall seeing someone claim Izzy doesn't care about his fans (maybe because I've been pretty absent lately or maybe it wasn't said but implied and I just didn't pay attention) but I understand how you feel about that idea. I don't think Izzy would have opened a twitter account and called Downliner on the phone to prove it was really him if he didn't care. Still I feel this thread is very positive towards Izzy but that's just my perception.

Either way, I just hope I didn't offend you. You're by far my favorite habitant of this wacky world. You've always been wonderful to me (and very patient through are religious differences :P) and the last thing I'd want is to be rude to you. :hug:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

What's going on here? Please my favourite fellow Izzy witches, always remember that we don't get the tone or facial expressions etc. with written communication. That is especially true on message boards. We all here love and respect Izzy, I'm quite sure of that. Some of us have a different sense of humour, we come from different cultural backgrounds, different native languages and some things are just lost in translation. There are expressions that sound harsh in english but indicate some sarcastic humour in another language and would be funny. That's true for german-english, for example.

So, I read all of the above as something expressed and felt because of frusttration and generally missing Izzy and his music.

I sure wished he'd write more music, tweet more tweets, go touring the world and say "Hello Tori I love you" :wub: to me, if I'm being honest. Just so you know. :awesomeface:

You're right, my comment if translated in my language was kinda funny I didn't realize it sounded harsh in english and that was my mistake. Thanks for the understanding.

7 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

I just wish I can see more Izzaxl N'Duzzy :headbang::smiley-confused2:

Not in this lifetime :awesomeface:

9 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Please my favourite fellow Izzy witches

I feel so left out :(

:lol:

------------------------------------------------------------

Where is @Darkenchantress? I think she's like the glue that keeps this whole thing together. Hope she didn't leave us to join the nightrain forum now that she's a massive fan of the other three :rofl-lol:

32 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I feel so left out :(

Apparently in pagan history the term witches is a non gender specific. Over time tradition has led us to believe it is a female label ( you can thank the likes of the brothers grim and various other fairy tale writers) The name  Wizard  also made famous in literature as the traditional male equivalent, (think Harry Potter) is not a recognised term and Warloc is apparently an insult, meaning one who has been cast out or banished . So Witch it is,  that means you are officially included in this coven, we are all inclusive. ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Where is @Darkenchantress? I think she's like the glue that keeps this whole thing together. Hope she didn't leave us to join the nightrain forum now that she's a massive fan of the other three :rofl-lol:

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

I'm just buried under a ton of work but... I don't know what to say, I understand Kris's sentiment but I don't think i have seen anybody here treat Izzy as if he was a monkey. Pretty much each one of the usual posters here are very respectful and loving towards Izzy, so I don't really know. Maybe is what Tori said. Different cultures, different backgrounds, different ways to express ourselves... :shrugs:

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Archtop said:

Apparently in pagan history the term witches is a non gender specific. Over time tradition has led us to believe it is a female label ( you can thank the likes of the brothers grim and various other fairy tale writers) The name  Wizard  also made famous in literature as the traditional male equivalent, (think Harry Potter) is not a recognised term and Warloc is apparently an insult, meaning one who has been cast out or banished . So Witch it is,  that means you are officially included in this coven, we are all inclusive. ?

Hmm, I still don't think I can be a witch. I mean, I don't have a broomstick :smiley-confused2:

1 hour ago, Darkenchantress said:

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

I'm just buried under a ton of work but... I don't know what to say, I understand Kris's sentiment but I don't think i have seen anybody here treat Izzy as if he was a monkey. Pretty much each one of the usual posters here are very respectful and loving towards Izzy, so I don't really know. Maybe is what Tori said. Different cultures, different backgrounds, different ways to express ourselves... :shrugs:

Haha, I wasn't calling you to be a judge anyway, just wanted you to come and cheer this place a bit :P

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tori72 said:

What's going on here? Please my favourite fellow Izzy witches, always remember that we don't get the tone or facial expressions etc. with written communication. That is especially true on message boards. We all here love and respect Izzy, I'm quite sure of that. Some of us have a different sense of humour, we come from different cultural backgrounds, different native languages and some things are just lost in translation. There are expressions that sound harsh in english but indicate some sarcastic humour in another language and would be funny. That's true for german-english, for example.

So, I read all of the above as something expressed and felt because of frusttration and generally missing Izzy and his music.

I sure wished he'd write more music, tweet more tweets, go touring the world and say "Hello Tori I love you" :wub: to me, if I'm being honest. Just so you know. :awesomeface:

I'm not a witch, I'm Pandora's box: when I open up, bad things start to happen :P.But all joking aside: you are absolutely right. Talking with people face to face is totally different than writing (especially, if is not your first language). With me it's not so much about things getting lost in translation, but more about the fact, that sometimes when I write, I don't think through what I really want to say, my writing can get vague and people can misunderstand me. Then I have to write another post where I explain what I really wanted to say (like I did earlier here)

I have nothing but admiration for Izzy, I love his music, his guitar playing, his voice, his sense of humor, his eyes ( I'll leave other parts of him out of this list) .

I believe firmly that Izzy cares about his fans (if I thought otherwise, I wouldn’t be his fan in the first place). Maybe one day I get to see him live, but if that doesn’t happen, I just have to deal with it.

Like I said earlier, Izzy has great fans on this thread (and also on other places in this forum) Some of them are so great that they make massive amount of effort just to gather information about their idol and create a website so his contributions wouldn’t be forgotten. If that is not a fan, then I don’t know what is.

I believe that most fans of any artist appreciate the same things: listening their music, seeing their idols live, possibly interacting with them otherwise etc. Some fans are more adaptable than others when it comes to what is realistic. But there’s nothing wrong with having dreams and hopes even if they won’t necessarily come true.

Now  @Kris_1989 and @Jane M.(or is it Izzy? ) I do agree with you on this: is not right for any fan to think that they should decide/demand what their idols should or should not do. It’s their lives (not ours) and they live them the way they want to.

When it comes to this thread, I don’t really see that kind of thinking here. I believe it’s more about wishing/ hoping what we’d like to happen. 

@BorderlineCrazy you could be a warlock ;)

Edited by Fourteenbeers

4 hours ago, downliner said:

Izzys not released an album in over 6 years. This is the longest drought we've ever had to endure, it's no wonder we're starting to bicker and turn on each other :lol: Let's not fall out.

Look on the bright side, each of you were amongst the few lucky ones to discover Izzys solo music. Had you turned into one of those Axl fanboys/fangirls you'd be in a mental asylum right about now along with the rest of the main sections posters, trying to convince the rest of us that "Axl is a perfectionist and needs more time" :D

More like Axl too perfectionist 

12 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Any Fighter Pilot Munich tht will betray Izzy here?  :awesomeface:

@Tori72 is the next victim to be brainwashed. I'm actually the most interested in her review because she's the most unbiased of us all. :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

@Tori72 is the next victim to be brainwashed. I'm actually the most interested in her review because she's the most unbiased of us all. :lol:

I'm actually just sitting on the tram going to the venue. Why do you think I'm unbiased ? 

Wierdly enough, I am only mildly excited. My friend is very excited ? 

2 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

I have a confession.  I may have been brainwashed and I haven't even been to a show since last summer.  :facepalm:

One of my friends who saw the band in Imola met Axl.  She recounted the story, and there was even video of them meeting. He was so kind to her and the others who had waited for hours and hours outside of his hotel.  

I may or may not have shed a tiny tear while watching the video and reading her message to me. I'm going to chalk it up to me being overwhelmed with joy for a friend.  But think the love/hate relationship I've had with that man (in my mind) for 30 yrs has firmly swung back over into love. I dunno what's happening to me. SOS.

06d758ea531a03656ebd5f77295d65ee.jpg

• Like 2