Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

Just now, Darkenchantress said:

I have nothing against her, don't know her and  haven't even listened to whatever she sings, but, judging by that pic, her clothing style is terrible. :ph34r:

Maybe it's even Axl's coat :rofl-lol: She looked ok on stage though, they played in Munich too. Nobody liked her band but she gave a cool vibe.

I mean, I gotta give the girl SOME props.  If my (non-existent) band was opening for .... oh, I dunno, a band maybe called the Ju Ju Hounds in, say ...1993 ... I would've totally (attempted to) hook up with their singer.  :P

NlWGQ.gif

And yes, @Tori72 ... the root cause of the Izzylessness of the thread is depressing. NO IZZY NEWS for months now. 

distraught%2520crying.gif

Edited by Cold Jen Time
  • Like 2

I haven't visited much this week,  I'm a little lost.

Does Axl have a new girlfriend? 

loved the Izzy pics, argghhh need some news, tweet, song,  ANYTHING!!! Why the  f*** did I choose a recluse to crush on :facepalm:

What do we think about the GnR, Xsirus/Stern, Apollo dates. I have to say I'm kind of out on this one, I have an awful feeling this will be the AFD30 acknowledgment. Which probably means no secret LA dates, which would have been cool if they could pull off the hype that surrounded the regrouping. It also looks like its invite or competition tickets only, which really sucks for something that should be Special for all fans. Do you really think all those celeb types give a damn about AFD, why not open up and embrace the people who have kept the music alive and kept faith, when really they have been one of the most exhausting bands to follow. 

I know, I know I'm coming across as entitled or that I'm owed something but just this one date, of all dates, they should get it right and appeal to the masses- Right?

Do we think Izzy and Steven will appear? On one hand this might be why it's being kept quite exclusive, one off special event making it clear this line up won't be the norm, on the other hand I hope Izzy and Steven see that this doesn't seem to be about the majority of fans at all .

Really mixed about this announcement, how does this band always seem to get me so excited coupled with a general underlying feeling of nausea. :wacko:

Edited by Archtop
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Archtop said:

What do we think about the GnR, Xsirus/Stern, Apollo dates. I have to say I'm kind of out on this one, I have an awful feeling this will be the AFD30 acknowledgment. Which probably means no secret LA dates, which would have been cool if they could pull off the hype that surrounded the regrouping. It also looks like its invite or competition tickets only, which really sucks for something that should be Special for all fans. Do you really think all those celeb types give a damn about AFD, why not open up and embrace the people who have kept the music alive and kept faith, when really they have been one of the most exhausting bands to follow. 

I know, I know I'm coming across as entitled or that I'm owed something but just this one date, of all dates, they should've get it right and appeal to the masses- Right?

Do we think Izzy and Steven will appear? On one hand this might be why it's being kept quite exclusive, one off special event making it clear this line up won't be the norm, on the other hand I hope Izzy and Steven see that this doesn't seem to be about the majority of fans at all .

Really mixed about this announcement, how does this band always seem to get me so excited coupled with a general underlying feeling of nausea. :wacko:

Exactly. I just came across the news about this and have the same feelings. :shrugs:

9 minutes ago, Archtop said:

loved the Izzy pics, argghhh need some news, tweet, song,  ANYTHING!!! Why the  f*** did I choose a recluse to crush on 

This. My "problem" too.;)

** First time posting here, after a long time of lurking... 

• Like 3

My thoughts about the Sirius announcement: LOL, LMFAO, BBQ :hahafyou:

I stopped reading at this part: "special invitation-only concert", which means I didn't read anything about it. GTFOOH with that bullshit. 

Do I think Izzy & Steven will be there? No. 

Do I think it will be special regarding AFD? No. 

Do I think clueless and stupid celebrities will be there instead of hardcore fans? Yes.

Welcome aboard @kkferro72?

• Like 3

Hello @kkferro72 Glad my rant brought you out of hiding ?

@Jane M. You are probably right Izzy and Steven will not be in attendance so I'm getting worked up over nothing, but Steven did say Fernie had some cool things planned. Seems to me it would be really harsh to discuss this with him if he had no intention of Steven being involved. You know a bit of a kick in the teeth, I always assumed It was Steven  letting something slip without anyone catching the real significance.

Izzy on the other hand? now if he really does want to put that Twitter account to use for what he intended, should by rights let us know one way or the other, if his in or out. If not it's going to be an exhausting month for speculation. 

@Archtop I finally read the announcement completely. If this is what Steven was talking about, Fandango's way to acknowledge AFD, it sucks donkey balls. I say if because the show is on July 20 but the announcement it's kinda ambiguous at the same time. The venue seems to be more important than AFD. Hope I'm wrong and Stizzy Stradler makes an appereance, even if it's for just 2 songs + aliens. :rofl-lol:

The special invitation only is kinda disrespectful to the millions of fans paying lots of $$$ worldwide. Not fair, IMO. 

@kkferro72 The GNR management sucks, they never do anything right. :shrugs:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kkferro72 said:

No. No. No. I don't want them just for some songs + aliens. Please don't. :cry:

I know and I agree with you. I just don't see the aliens stepping off to allow the originals to do their thing. If it happens I'll shit my pants. :rofl-lol:

TMI, sorry about that. :P

• Like 3

I've become pretty jaded after the #YUGE announcement in last May.

Not really expecting the classic lineup to appear anywhere anymore.  

But if the audience on that "special show" is going to be bunch of lame celebs I wish them a good time with the 3 Stooges, Lortus, Frank and rock icon Melissa Reese.

@kkferro72 nice profile pic :P. Welcome to the world of weirdos.

Oh wait... I'm going to see the 3 Stooges, Lortus, Frank and rock icon Melissa Reese July 1st. I'll try to have as good time as I possibly can. It's once in a lifetime experience for me (very likely). 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kkferro72 said:

:rofl-lol: 

No. No. No. I don't want them just for some songs + aliens. Please don't. :cry:

Yep I'm with you on this, as selfish as it may be to the fans who don't care enough and just want to see them onstage, The thought of AFD with Izzy and Steven plus aliens hurts like hell. My concession would be Dizzy who has earnt his dues, and played with Izzy previously. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Oh wait... I'm going to see the 3 Stooges, Lortus, Frank and rock icon Melissa Reese July 1st.

Lol. I couldn't. I just can't see this lineup playing my beloved songs from AFD and Lies (and some from UYI). I would either cry the entire time or attempt to get on stage and kill them. :bitchfight:

17 minutes ago, Archtop said:

The thought of AFD with Izzy and Steven plus aliens hurts like hell. My concession would be Dizzy who has earnt his dues, and played with Izzy previously.

Same here. I never liked Dizzy, when they got on stage at Rock in Rio '91 with him as a permanent member I was like "wtf?" But I could live with that. 

Edited by kkferro72

Having said all that,  I know should he take to the stage and we get new pics and audio, it would be like the second coming.

Izzy returns to GnR to defeat the evil trio, and establish justice over TeamB and peace within the GnR community. Hail our saviour! 

:awesomeface: Perhaps a little OTT but you get the gist of my emotions should the day come.

Edited by Archtop
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, kkferro72 said:

Lol

Same here. I never liked Dizzy, when they got on stage at Rock in Rio '91 with him as a permanent member I was like "wtf?" But I could live with that. 

Dizzy doesn't bother me because he hasn't replaced anyone.

Every time I look at Fortus, it reminds me that Izzy isn't there and every time I look at Frank, it reminds me that Steven isn't there. :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jane M. said:

My thoughts about the Sirius announcement: LOL, LMFAO, BBQ :hahafyou:

I stopped reading at this part: "special invitation-only concert", which means I didn't read anything about it. GTFOOH with that bullshit. 

Do I think Izzy & Steven will be there? No. 

Do I think it will be special regarding AFD? No. 

Do I think clueless and stupid celebrities will be there instead of hardcore fans? Yes.

Welcome aboard @kkferro72?

They can seriously go fuck themselves with this invitation only bullshit.  I lost damn mind when I heard about it.  Someone from the Appetite for GNFnR admin group mentioned it in a Twitter DM and I almost went thru my phone.  

Izzy would *never* do this.  

Steven totally would, but Steven will do anything.

It feels corporate and slimy and stupid.

God this band drives me up the GD wall!!!!  Aaaaaaaargh!!!!!

And sorry --- welcome, @kkferro72.  :D Nice to have you here.

Edited by Cold Jen Time
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

THIS!!!!!!!

Well said.

Thank you, @Jane M. - the asshole contingent of the No! gang is in sync. :D Actually, seems like we all are.  God, I love each and everyone one of you.  Srsly.  Everyone was all excited on Twitter like "oh, GNR GNR GNR" .... and I'm all like "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck youuuuuuuuuuuuu Slaxluff!!!!"

This is my home.  You are my people.

Edited by Cold Jen Time
  • Like 4