Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

4 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

He thanked the forum as a whole, not this thread. There's no way to know for sure if he's seen this thread and that was months ago. I seriously doubt he'd approve of some of the talk that's gone on in here since then.

He thanked the forum for the support and i think it's safe to say this is the thread that have showed more support to him. But whatever, I don't think nothing so bad has been going on here for him to be upset about it. I also don't write every single thing in here thinking if Izzy would approve it or not, sometimes we probably get carried away but still, I don't think any of it is done in a bad spirit.

15 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

And about the other issue, I'm an AFD girl myself. The first time I saw the November Rain video I thought it was the most ridiculous thing I had seen since Duff carried a tray for no reason to the reception desk in Patience:facepalm:

Lol. Same here! :awesomeface:

12 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

He thanked the forum as a whole, not this thread. There's no way to know for sure if he's seen this thread and that was months ago. I seriously doubt he'd approve of some of the talk that's gone on in here since then.

That's true, he meant the forum and my gut feeling tells me he never got around to our little cave, because the forum isn't that easy to understand at first.

And yeah, he probably wouldn't. I don't approve with some of his early lyrics either. ;)

In my head Izzy might be clumsy with twitter and seclusive af but has seen and heard loads of stuff considering all things human. So he couldn't be any less fazed out because of our little musings here. :P 

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

He was also shopping around for a record deal around this time. Makes sense. He was in his early 40's which is a time of self reevaluation for a lot of people. He was also going through an extremely prolific period as an artist. Between 2005 and 2010 he would do six albums.  Six!  Unfortunately, since he'd last dealt with the business shit in 1998, the record industry as he knew it collapsed.  The internet opened it's giant maw and ate it. In order to be even a small time artist with a label you have to do lots of publicity, have a social media presence and tour. It's a lot of work. I love that he is willing to share his music with us in any way we can get it. I do wish more than anything that he would have done a few solo shows during that period. Or during this period. But if you don't have a label and management to help you than touring isn't really worth it.  

Mr. BeautifulandDamned says being an Izzy fan is what ghosthunting must feel like. You sit around waiting for minimum contact before he recedes into the mist again.

Image result for shadowy figure gif

I have read similar articles to this befor, it's really an interesting read. You would have thought that in a digital age that record labels would be obsolete, but this article shows why they still exist, for all the artists who aren't prepared or don't have the means to run up huge debt on credit cards. It typically costs £1 million to break a new artist in a major market. 

Its a shame Izzy didn't choose back in 2004  to put more into his social media presence and self promote his ITunes with a dedicated YouTube/ web site. I think if he had done so he would have learnt which song were popular and perhaps been happier about set listings for live shows. Didn't somebody post a quote recently along the lines of him not being sure what to play in a set. ( We need to resume the Izzy album ranking thread, so we can give him a definitive best of, that he can go out and tour with). ???

I really thought with his flurry of activity last year he might be gearing upto something. Maybe he was to some extent testing the water, or just saying "Hello" I exist,  in the wake of the regrouping? 

5 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Thanks for that. Exctly as I thought it would be. 

I don't know... its just my opinion... could there be other reasons, as well.

What sucks though is that people FROM this thread have become so COMPETITIVE and BITTER about it, having to talk shit about the Women's Thread and being all rude for the sake of nothing, really.... What is there at the end of this competition? Free likes for a month? A ticket to a show? Meeting the band?

Ohhh... Izzy read the thread?? Awesome, more power to you! :headbang: How is that going to affect the other threads anyway? :shrugs:

Sometimes people are just so empty they inspire a lot of pity with this kind of actions and I really doubt the members of the band give a fuck about some loyalty that must be defended until I've stepped upon everybody else's dead bodies.

Totally useless waste of energy being like that and trying to put other people down in order to feel better.

I could say a lot of hurtful things about a lot of people here but I don't wanna use that unless it is really necessary. The Women's Thread has welcomed everybody who was able to adapt to the thread, its dynamics and its own culture. People who left or didn't feel unwelcome are mostly in conflict with themselves in first place.

22 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

That still doesn't explain why he doesn't do a one off show in LA every once in a blue moon. :smiley-confused2:

That's true. That would be amazing. God knows the core members of his band would do it and probably welcome the exposure. But I think even that- committing to a date, negotiating with a club, gathering the band, choosing a setlist, rehearsing, deciding how to publicize it... I just don't think he wants to work that hard.  He just wants to show up. If and when he wants. No commitments.  

God knows the core members of his band would do it and probably welcome the exposure. 

2 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I really thought with his flurry of activity last year he might be gearing upto something. Maybe he was to some extent testing the water, or just saying "Hello" I exist,  in the wake of the regrouping? 

I think he was just kicking up dust because of the GnR situation. We were lucky to get 4 songs out of it.  I'll be stupidly hoping for an Izzy appearance until the end of this tour because I honestly think that (or possibly a one-off with Aerosmith) is the only way we will ever see him live again. 

Honestly the whole point of a message board is to hear other people's opinions and viewpoints- it's supposed to be weird and messy, that's what makes it fun.  Who cares what anyone (including Izzy) thinks? I admit I've only been checking this thread very sporadically for the last few months, but what the hell is going on? A war with the women's thread? I'm so confused right now.

• Like 3

Don't get me wrong, @killuridols. I might not have seen what you saw in here. I never saw that much competition between those two threads. Maybe I'm blind there and to much of a sucker for harmony. But what I saw was more bantering and jokes and missunderstandings. I also saw several posters trying to explain themselves and get rid of the missunderstandings.

Sometimes when we feel put down on the internet, it is because it is a direct but written communication. The most difficult form of communication because you don't get the tone of voice, no facial expression, etc. And all of us are coming from different social, cultural backgrounds, education, being of different age etc. I said it here before and will say it again. Being so diverse and coming from all over this world, discussing things to the depth of it and being passionate about it - we're all bound to clash someday and have misunderstandings. I rather we don't get bitter about it and not taking things personal.

That being said, I'm sure sometimes things can get personal and than everyone has the right to point it out and end the situation. For me it helps remembering how different we all are.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

I admit I've only been checking this thread very sporadically for the last few months, but what the hell is going on? A war with the women's thread? I'm so confused right now.

Yes, kind of. And I thought it was ended but now I'm afraid it's starting again. :nervous:

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

Don't get me wrong, @killuridols. I might not have seen what you saw in here. I never saw that much competition between those two threads. Maybe I'm blind there and to much of a sucker for harmony. But what I saw was more bantering and jokes and missunderstandings. I also saw several posters trying to explain themselves and get rid of the missunderstandings.

Yeah but in my opinion those "jokes" always hide some sort of "truth" or intentions behind. It is a softer way of speaking our minds without being directly hurtful, but paranoid minds like mine :lol: pick it up and dismiss the veil (the joke) and just take them like that, undressed, naked serious comments in a joke disguise.

Sometimes I'm too literal and brainiac.

3 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Sometimes when we feel put down on the internet, it is because it is a direct but written communication. The most difficult form of communication because you don't get the tone of voice, no facial expression, etc. And all of us are coming from different social, cultural backgrounds, education, being of different age etc. I said it here before and will say it again. Being so diverse and coming from all over this world, discussing things to the depth of it and being passionate about it - we're all bound to clash someday and have misunderstandings. I rather we don't get bitter about it and not taking things personal.

That being said, I'm sure sometimes things can get personal and than everyone has the right to point it out and end the situation. For me it helps remembering how different we all are.

Yeah, I totally agree with you about the differences among all of us. That's certainly a thing. I continually suffer with it. People don't get me and find me rude, lol... because of my Argie ways but I'm not the only argie to be considered like that around the world :facepalm:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Yeah but in my opinion those "jokes" always hide some sort of "truth" or intentions behind. It is a softer way of speaking our minds without being directly hurtful, but paranoid minds like mine :lol: pick it up and dismiss the veil (the joke) and just take them like that, undressed, naked serious comments in a joke disguise.

I hope you don't mean my pictures/gifs that I posted in there awhile back. I have no ill will towards the women's thread or the regular posters there at all and was just joking around since it was a slow news week at that time. I'm sorry if you felt like they were a subtle attack or something.

Just now, Darkenchantress said:

I don't know, he always kinda reminded me to Joan Jett with that hair :lol:

6dba1a1cb8f1680e2de27f6ee6e00429.jpg

True, happend to me before, too. Izzy's everywhere :ph34r:

Just now, janrichmond said:

Yeah just you babe...:lol:

Alright. I know I'm weird. :lol:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I don't know... its just my opinion... could there be other reasons, as well.

What sucks though is that people FROM this thread have become so COMPETITIVE and BITTER about it, having to talk shit about the Women's Thread and being all rude for the sake of nothing, really.... What is there at the end of this competition? Free likes for a month? A ticket to a show? Meeting the band

There are very few of us who post regularly FROM this thread, and I really can not recall any competitive or bitter comments being made, so I really don't understand what you alluding too, Jokes get made, sometimes misinterpreted. At times we have all had to settle misunderstandings, myself included, which I remember upset you at the time. I really can't recall any malice or anybody hating on the Women's thread least of all trying to get it shut down.  What makes you bring this up now?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I hope you don't mean my pictures/gifs that I posted in there awhile back. I have no ill will towards the women's thread or the regular posters there at all and was just joking around since it was a slow news week at that time. I'm sorry if you felt like they were a subtle attack or something.

23 minutes ago, Archtop said:

There are very few of us who post regularly FROM this thread, and I really can not recall any competitive or bitter comments being made, so I really don't understand what you alluding too, Jokes get made, sometimes misinterpreted. At times we have all had to settle misunderstandings, myself included, which I remember upset you at the time. 

No, I mean in general there have been those kinda things that sort of surprised me when I saw them because like I said in my previous response to @Tori72, even as jokes, I think they hide some sort of "opinion" on the matter and I have never understood why there were such opinions. Like, I wasn't aware of these other looks and perspectives on how the WT had affected other people.

I never had such thoughts about this thread not ever the need to joke about it or even have an opinion about it... or maybe I do have it but not even in the shape of a joke I ever felt the need to say anything about it :shrugs:

47 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I really can't recall any malice or anybody hating on the Women's thread least of all trying to get it shut down.  What makes you bring this up now?

I didn't say anything about that. It was @Frey who recalled the instances where the WT was trying to be shut down and they are not fiction. If you don't remember or don't know about it, well, that's just you but it did exist at some point and if you "roam" around the forum a little bit, read here and there a little bit, you can still catch some current malicious comments about it, many of them supported by people who post in this thread, in the Women's Thread (yeah, hypocritical to the bone) and other threads as well.

It's a fact and we usually don't say much about it. I'm not bringing anything up.... I was just replying to questions from other people who asked me stuff.....

5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah, I pretty much know I'm out here all alone, an' drifting on my own when it comes to liking UYI best :) 

I kinda like the Breakdown - Estranged - Locamotive vibe best.

You forgot Pretty Tied Up, the best of the Izzy songs imo. 

You're not alone~

4 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

I don't give a fuck if people find this thread annoying. We got a "thank you shout out" from the man himself and, as far as I know, we've been the only ones. :hahafyou:

And about the other issue, I'm an AFD girl myself. The first time I saw the November Rain video I thought it was the most ridiculous thing I had seen since Duff carried a tray for no reason to the reception desk in Patience:facepalm:

Im UYI Girl

Dont watch the vid if You dont like it,  just listen the music:lol:

4 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

He thanked the forum for the support and i think it's safe to say this is the thread that have showed more support to him. But whatever, I don't think nothing so bad has been going on here for him to be upset about it. I also don't write every single thing in here thinking if Izzy would approve it or not, sometimes we probably get carried away but still, I don't think any of it is done in a bad spirit.

Maybe He dont want to mention Wacky world of Izzy Stradlin on His post cause it will be weird N' too long

Never thought tht this thread will be big N' irritate some People:lol:

For @killuridols We didnt bitter N' competitive to the WT *You know how much I like tht thread, thts My Slaxl sanctuary*

Also My jokes is just a joke,  I dont have any malicious intent on My jokes

I cant speak behalf some People here,  so maybe if You find theres some people here are really like wht You said,  Just say to tht Person. Dont say tht all people here/Wacky Thread bitter about Women Thread

I hope You understand 

Lets move along! 

Edited by SerenityScorp

5 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Never thought tht this thread will be big N' irritate some People:lol:

For @killuridols We didnt bitter N' competitive to the WT *You know how much I like tht thread, thts My Slaxl sanctuary*

Also My jokes is just a joke,  I dont have any malicious intent on My jokes

I cant speak behalf some People here,  so maybe if You find theres some people here are really like wht You said,  Just say to tht Person. Dont say tht all people here/Wacky Thread bitter about Women Thread

I hope You understand

I don't think it does.... you are mixing up things said about the WT with this. I have never read or heard that this thread irritates anyone (but I may have missed it since I hardly read the entire forum on a daily basis). Certainly, at the WT I don't recall any mentions to this thread, not even jokes or malicious comments. Never.

Also, I don't think I have to say anything to anyone. People here are all adults. They know what they post, they know what they say and the jokes they make. They know other people read the thread even if they do not participate. Happens in the whole forum, I think. So written words are a document and sometimes it is a disadvantage, not like oral words, blown by the wind. But I haven't come here to police the words of anyone... I was just passing by a day ago and decided to read a bit, maybe it was bad luck I read such "joke" and the debate onward, and I agreed to what Frey had to say about it. Maybe it caught you all by surprise, I know how sometimes one loses dimension of things and perhaps you assume no one is reading or that this is a private board. People let loose and say things, without noticing there are eyes awake all the time, lol...... so, that's basically it :shrugs:

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I don't think it does.... you are mixing up things said about the WT with this. I have never read or heard that this thread irritates anyone (but I may have missed it since I hardly read the entire forum on a daily basis). Certainly, at the WT I don't recall any mentions to this thread, not even jokes or malicious comments. Never.

Also, I don't think I have to say anything to anyone. People here are all adults. They know what they post, they know what they say and the jokes they make. They know other people read the thread even if they do not participate. Happens in the whole forum, I think. So written words are a document and sometimes it is a disadvantage, not like oral words, blown by the wind. But I haven't come here to police the words of anyone... I was just passing by a day ago and decided to read a bit, maybe it was bad luck I read such "joke" and the debate onward, and I agreed to what Frey had to say about it. Maybe it caught you all by surprise, I know how sometimes one loses dimension of things and perhaps you assume no one is reading or that this is a private board. People let loose and say things, without noticing there are eyes awake all the time, lol...... so, that's basically it :shrugs:

Right,  especially Izzy,  Axl N'Slash:smiley-confused2: