Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

22 hours ago, annabanana said:

Just read on the Apollo thread that Sirius is now advertising it as an appetite for destruction 30th anniversary

I am really mixed about this. On the one hand I am really pleased they are acknowledging the date, but confused why they decided to celebrate with guests and a limited number of fans. What were they trying to achieve, something close to the hype surrounding the Troubador. Do we know the capacity of the Apollo is it possible they will announce give away tickets at the last moment?

I cringe at the thought of them doing AFD without Steven and Izzy, however what if Izzy doesn't want to do it. I think it's for certain Steven would and can do a complete set. I would upset on his behalf if they offer him a guest spot at his own anniversary, it would be such a slap in the face and I really would hope if this is the situation he sticks two fingers up to them and walks away.

Izzy on the other hand we don't know his position, if he really does not want to be envolved I would hope he sends out a tweet soon! And then I guess it's only fair that we accept that the rest of the band wants to celebrate the occasion and have Richard. 

I would be really pissed if Izzy and Steven are in attendance and they only get to guest.

At some point all five should take to the stage, give us our AFD5 with no other muscians, if only for a couple of songs.

In all seriousness if this is the AFD celebrations, they seem to be way off mark.

Edited by Archtop
  • Like 4

AFD celebration without fans is shit. AFD celebration without Izzy and Steven is just wrong. If those two had the chance to participate but didn't wanna do it I'll feel Izzy's neglecting his fans. No matter how much I know he doesn't owe anyone anything. I just want him to do this and acknowledge how his fans feel about it. And then again there won't be no fans. So the whole discussion and "thinking process" is shit. Because AFD celebration without fans is shit. Oh, already said that? Because it's shit.

Better leave you something like this here:

tumblr_o56i74zKXi1v1xthoo1_540.gif

My mood today.

tumblr_o0psxmG2jf1v1xthoo1_400.png

Izzy looking hot. 

And this. Sigh.

tumblr_o0p2o2HVvS1v1xthoo1_1280.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kkferro72 said:

Where is the 2nd pic from? Completely new to me. Love it! :kiss:

Love it too. Those curly ends :wub: 

So, yeah, I found it on a tumblr but completely forgot which one. Sorry. Have seen it around on others sites as well.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kkferro72 said:

Humm... I don't know. I believe it's newer than that. Very. I'd bet in 2016. 

Nope. :ph34r:

Brief history of that picture: It was stolen from a private Facebook page (I'm assuming a friend of Izzy's) & was re-posted on the VR forums waaaay back in the day. The mods got after the OP for posting it, so the OP deleted the photo, cropped the person Izzy was with out of the picture and re-posted it on Tumblr. :facepalm:

Edited by Kris_1989
Added
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Fuck AFD30th. I'm more interested in AFD40th, I just hope I'm still alive to see them rocking in wheelchairs. 

I'm in! :headbang:

73-year-old-diana-bell-takes-int-he-moth

---

But for real, I'm kind of over the whole 30th thing. No matter how they do it we know it's going to be a YUGE let down like always. :max:

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 4