Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

16 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

This thread is going to be a yuge mess on thursday night/friday morning. 

OMG:rofl-lol:

This thread won't be the only one... 

Kuvahaun tulos haulle chaos gif

4 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Voted for Rocket Queen, love it, although their version on this tour is unbearable with all the solos and shredding - Slash, no, drop the talbox man. Lortus, seriously, STFU :max: I wish I could vote for Nightrain too. And OTGM. And every other song to be honest. What's not to love in that album? :heart:

One thing I don't love about AFD - the chorus melody in My Michelle  - don't care for it much - it's not bad but... not particularly good either. On the other hand.. if I compare it to chorus melody in Better - it's better than Better's ;).. (chorus melody in Better in fucking annoying - it ruins the whole song for me) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

A blasphemy yes but it's not like they can promote the anniversary without the skull logo even if what we'll get is a cheap copy from chinatown. :shrugs:

Yeah, I know what you're saying and truth is that they're using their trade mark logo of this tour and line-up on the background - #gnfnr - so they're not like fooling us completely :shrugs: My problem is with them celebrating this at all and not in the right way. I can already see one insta post the next day: 'AFDZZ 30th #anniversary was #dope. So thankful for being part of this madness. #TY Axlzzz for making me part of this. #gratitude #fam #tourlife'. It makes me mad. But this may or may not be PMS talking to be honest :smiley-confused2:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, downliner said:

Taz and Rick commented publicly on Facebook the other day that they missed each other so were gonna "rattle Izzys cage", whatever that means :lol:

Oh Jesus. That means they haven't been working together on anything... :cry:

Edited by kkferro72

I don't understand the way their management/or works. Why the secrecy? And why this event for the anniversary where most of the fans won't be able to go? If it's afd5 why not announce it sooner and have it in a place where a lot of fans can attend. If it's the current line-up why not just say so, it's like they are teasing that it's gonna be the original 5. Haven't they even thought of the disappointment and fallout that could happen? Its just weird

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, annabanana said:

I don't understand the way their management/or works. Why the secrecy? And why this event for the anniversary where most of the fans won't be able to go? If it's afd5 why not announce it sooner and have it in a place where a lot of fans can attend. If it's the current line-up why not just say so, it's like they are teasing that it's gonna be the original 5. Haven't they even thought of the disappointment and fallout that could happen? Its just weird

I get the secrecy because it builds excitement with the fans... but if the secrecy always leads to nothing, what's the point? Fandom blue balls?

And why advertise on time square - probably the most expensive advertisement you can buy - for a show nobody can get into??

giphy.gif

----

Btw, Whatever happened to that YUGE yellow billboard in LA? Is it still up?

Edited by Kris_1989

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

I get the secrecy because it builds excitement with the fans... but if the secrecy always leads to nothing, what's the point? Fandom blue balls?

And why advertise on time square - probably the most expensive advertisement you can buy - for a show nobody can get into??

giphy.gif

----

Btw, Whatever happened to that YUGE yellow billboard in LA? Is it still up?

That's what I don't get why get the fans excited when majority of the fans won't be even given an opportunity to watch? And if it leads to nothing they might totally alienate some or a lot. And you're right, why advertise it on a well known area when they are not even selling tickets? Is the new leg of the tour selling well?

1 minute ago, kkferro72 said:

Taz Bentley and Rick Richards. They play drums and lead guitar respectivelly on Izzy's solo albums.

4 hours ago, kkferro72 said:

Oh Jesus. That means they haven't been working together on anything... :cry:

Ah, so I see what you mean.  Thanks.  

6 hours ago, dgnr said:

Yeah, I know what you're saying and truth is that they're using their trade mark logo of this tour and line-up on the background - #gnfnr - so they're not like fooling us completely :shrugs: My problem is with them celebrating this at all and not in the right way. I can already see one insta post the next day: 'AFDZZ 30th #anniversary was #dope. So thankful for being part of this madness. #TY Axlzzz for making me part of this. #gratitude #fam #tourlife'. It makes me mad. But this may or may not be PMS talking to be honest :smiley-confused2:

The GnFnR has been around forever too though, I have an ancient AFD hoodie and it has the cross on the front with the red GnFnR on it. People kept trying to buy it off me because they stopped making them with the red writing on the back. 

@Kris_1989 The yellow board is still there and I saw a pic a week or so ago that hey have put a couple of tour dates on it. I just assumed for the LA arena shows coming up.

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, downliner said:

Taz and Rick commented publicly on Facebook the other day that they missed each other so were gonna "rattle Izzys cage", whatever that means :lol:

OMG PLEASE! Rattle away boys! :headbang:

5 hours ago, annabanana said:

I don't think there's a logic behind it. They just suck at being a management and a PR team. With there being no real fans, not the original line up, no live stream, no nothing - it just doesn't make sense at all and has nothing to do with either the origins of the band nor the money making big international fuzz thing they tend to be into nowadays. It's just a small audience of no fans, watching smurfette, Lortus and the bearded one on stage, keeping it all to themselves. :max:

32 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Have you guys seen this? Stole it from the main section (thanks @Tom-Ass!) decent video, great performance and tons of very fucking hot all in black Izzy Stradlin. :P

OMG Thanks for that. Haven't seen it before. Some new Izzy fix for me. Great performance from Izzy! Really cool, love his voice and lazy way of singing. 

Did I tell you I dig Izzy's laid back style? Just pants and a tshirt.  And his adidas samba sneakers... (got the same sneakers). Nobody can look so fine as Izzy does with only some black pants, a plain shirt, adidas sneakers and this hat on.

• Like 4

It seems clear to me that the apollo show is the only thing theyre doing for Afd 30 and without steven of izzy involved at all....well maybe they will let poor steven come out and play one song same as before....but thats it.....nothing new or special.....just a private show for a bunch of VIPs....music industry insiders and friends of he band....and to add insult to injury...they are doing the show in NYC rather than homebase LA where it all started ....as it should be.....its all so lame and insulting its just beyond belief.....oh well.....i guess that shows u where there heads are at.....such bullshit.....i hope i am wrong about this....but I really don't think so....given how they.ve been regarding Steven and Izzy this whole tour.....why change now.....???.https://www.tenor.co/GvIi.gif

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

OMG PLEASE! Rattle away boys! :headbang:

Aiheeseen liittyvä kuva

How much rattling  would it take to make something happen with Iz?

3 minutes ago, JMA515 said:

It seems clear to me that the apollo show is the only thing theyre doing for Afd 30 and without steven of izzy involved at all....well maybe they will let poor steven come out and play one song same as before....but thats it.....nothing new or special.....just a private show for a bunch of VIPs....music industry insiders and friends of he band....and to add insult to injury...they are doing the show in NYC rather than homebase LA where it all started ....as it should be.....its all so lame and insulting its just beyond belief.....oh well.....i guess that shows u where there heads are at.....such bullshit.....i hope i am wrong about this....but I really don't think so....given how they.ve been regarding Steven and Izzy this whole tour.....why change now.....???.https://www.tenor.co/GvIi.gif

You are very likely right. That's Gn'R for you.

Even though the classic lineup at the Apollo would be a dream come true for many, doing it this way would be all wrong: no real fans there,(or only few of them) bunch of big shots and celeb-posers, no proper video footage from there etc. If they did it that way, it would just be the final proof that they don't give a flying fuck about their fans.

So here we are again:  

Kuvahaun tulos haulle lowered expectations gif

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

How much rattling  would it take to make something happen with Iz?

I think "I... I ... don't... with Izzy... that's something that I can't really describe. I don't know what to say. You can have a conversation and think things are one way and then the next day they're something different" worked well for Axl. So it shouldn't take much. :P

Spoiler

Off topic but thank you guys for being awesome. I've had a horrible night and you guys immediately made me laugh the moment I signed on. :hug:

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I think "I... I ... don't... with Izzy... that's something that I can't really describe. I don't know what to say. You can have a conversation and think things are one way and then the next day they're something different" worked well for Axl. So it shouldn't take much. :P

Hide contents

Off topic but thank you guys for being awesome. I've had a horrible night and you guys immediately made me laugh the moment I signed on. :hug:

What do you mean about Axl? Axl says he wasn't able to rattle on Izzy's cage hard enough. So why do you mean it wouldn't take much?

We making you laugh with a desperate GnR situation, a no Izzy situation and 25 year old videos to thrive from. Well, you're welcome. I do love your sense of humour! :awesomeface: :hug:

21 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Hide contents

Aww.. I hope you are feeling better now. :hug:

BTW, this is my new wallpaper:

Spoiler

Kuvahaun tulos haulle guns n roses looking like girls

Just kidding... :vomit:

Edited by Fourteenbeers

17 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

What do you mean about Axl? Axl says he wasn't able to rattle on Izzy's cage hard enough. So why do you mean it wouldn't take much?

We making you laugh with a desperate GnR situation, a no Izzy situation and 25 year old videos to thrive from. Well, you're welcome. I do love your sense of humour! :awesomeface: :hug:

I meant Axl pissed Izzy off with that statement enough for him to release another song and the infamous "Bullshit" tweet. :P

Just now, Fourteenbeers said:

BTW, this is my new wallpaper:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I don't buy "it's the promoters.. it's the bands clueless management" on this one. This one is on the three in my opinion. None of this advertising an AFD 30th show with the logo or the show itslef would be happening without them behind it all. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders