Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

15 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

I may be on an island about this but I think the GNR management knows pretty damn well what they're doing and it works every single time. :rofl-lol:

If you mean the build up and the let down - game- they are pretty good at it.

But to be fair, big part of  the unrealistic expectations come from the fans (I've been guilty of that myself). You live and you learn. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

I may be on an island about this but I think the GNR management knows pretty damn well what they're doing and it works every single time. :rofl-lol:

9 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

If you mean the build up and the let down - game- they are pretty good at it.

But to be fair, big part of  the unrealistic expectations come from the fans (I've been guilty of that myself). You live and you learn. 

Sure, the raise and let down game is what they do. But management-wise it's useless, isn't it? They're not selling any more tickets or music with it which is one of the main things a management is there for, no? IF they would involve Izzy and Steven and promote that fact, get a video thing going for the show, in fact HAVE a show with an audience that you'd call audience, put it on DVD, make live recording audio thingy and whatnot. Maybe even Tshirts and other merch. It would work if all 5 got together. But they don't do that and from (my probably limited sense of making money) pov it doesn't make sense except pissing off their fans and buttering some rich folks.

Edited by Tori72

52 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I don't buy "it's the promoters.. it's the bands clueless management" on this one. This one is on the three in my opinion. None of this advertising an AFD 30th show with the logo or the show itslef would be happening without them behind it all. 

Yeah I agree with this. I don't think anything goes on without the approval of the 3. They know that fans will expect afd5 so it's either there will be afd5 or they are just making it seem that way to garner more interest and doesn't really care if they disappoint the fans. They kinda did it before already. 

47 minutes ago, annabanana said:

Yeah I agree with this. I don't think anything goes on without the approval of the 3. They know that fans will expect afd5 so it's either there will be afd5 or they are just making it seem that way to garner more interest and doesn't really care if they disappoint the fans. They kinda did it before already. 

Of course it is, especially on this. I've seen a couple of posts already about the AFD 30th posters being on Sirius, people thinking it's them putting them up without the band knowing :rofl-lol:

Del James took a picture of one of the AFD 30th billboards in NY and posted it on Instagram and it is liked by TB. So, they absolutely do know! 

Their promo videos are different, I don't think they even look at them because the Australian one had footage of Axl from 2013 NuGnR in it. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

Hello Coven,

Have been missing for a couple of days, needed to submit a paper for my degree, as per usual last minute panic, I never learn. It's all over now so I just spent some time catching up. 

@downliner who's Facebook do you follow? Taz/Rick didn't even know they had social media, let's hope they get Izzy rattled and we get something from him, the rumblings of an album last year did not come to fruitation. It's a shame we can't get TJ to give us a breakdown of the writing process those guy go through, it would be interesting. 

As for the AFD Apollo celebrations, I already commented on the use of the cross, I know it would go hand in hand with the 30th celebrations, what else would they use?Perhaps this is why it's invitation only so nobody can sue them for false advertising if Izzy and Steven are not there. ?

I still think Steven will be there, do you remember him talking about Fernie having some cool things lined up, his not going to run them by Steven and then exclude him is he.....is he?

Once again I have to hand it to them the failure to communicate is beginning to build intrigue, by the end of the week I'm going to be pulling my hair out. 

Glad Smurfett let us know she's going to be at  the NY show, it already lets me know it's not going to be everything I want it to be. :facepalm:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Glad Smurfett let us know she's going to be at  the NY show, it already lets me know it's not going to be everything I want it to be. :facepalm:

This. I wonder if she actually was allowed to write that. lol. 

Melissa should write a song called #Wholelottahashtags ;)

But seriously, am I the only one here who doesn't have a problem with Melissa anymore?  I'm not saying that I really like her or anything. But I've kind of gotten used to her. She comes with the package that is Guns N' Roses these days and I'm OK with it. When that LA Weekly "Rock Icon" article came out, I felt it was really dumb. But it had more to do with the fact that the journalist chose a clickbait title for it. 

When I saw her at the Gn'R concert earlier this month, I really didn't have any negative thoughts about her. (the only negative though I had during the gig was when I looked at Fortus. I thought: that should be Izzy there - not you :() 

And this has nothing to do with Gn'R or anything else in here, but I have to post it:

The most epic face plant I've ever seen.:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 2

I do have a problem with her. She is useless. Her backing vocals are absolutely expendable, her moves are absurd and she looks ridiculous. But that's not really my problem with her, the problem is they are paying her a money that should go to someone who really deserves it if you know what I mean. :ph34r:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

I do have a problem with her. She is useless. Her backing vocals are absolutely expendable, her moves are absurd and she looks ridiculous. But that's not really my problem with her, the problem is they are paying her a money that should go to someone who really deserves it if you know what I mean. :ph34r:

I see your point.. but maybe the criticism should be directed toward the person who is responsible for her being there? 

Kuvahaun tulos haulle axl rose pictures

• Like 1

Anyone remembers duffs quote in his first book about izzy being the driving for afd/band's early image? Pretty sure I read it somewhere here before. Anyway it would be really off if they celebrate the 30th anniversary without the person one of them credits for their early success :(

Song is co-written by Jimmy, and features both Jimmy & Rick Richards ...... recorded shortly after the Ju Ju Hounds ended:

Text was written by Jimmy :)

Might be a glimpse into how the JJH would have sounded had they recorded a 2nd album :D

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, downliner said:

Song is co-written by Jimmy, and features both Jimmy & Rick Richards ...... recorded shortly after the Ju Ju Hounds ended:

Text was written by Jimmy :)

Might be a glimpse into how the JJH would have sounded had they recorded a 2nd album :D

I actually really love that song but the text is heartbreaking... I'd give anything for a Juju hounds reunion. :( Even more than AFD5 to be honest. (don't kill me. :ph34r:)

I wonder if Rick has ever tried to get Izzy and Jimmy talking again? I know we don't know what went down at the end (maybe things are too bad to reconcile?), but I've always felt like the Juju Hounds aren't done yet. Whether Izzy likes it or not, that band has so much unfinished business and untapped potential.  They've got killer songs to write, cities to rock and whatever other shenanigans those boys want to get up to. It just can't be completely over. I refuse to accept that. :P

Edited by Kris_1989

19 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Sure, the raise and let down game is what they do. But management-wise it's useless, isn't it? They're not selling any more tickets or music with it which is one of the main things a management is there for, no? IF they would involve Izzy and Steven and promote that fact, get a video thing going for the show, in fact HAVE a show with an audience that you'd call audience, put it on DVD, make live recording audio thingy and whatnot. Maybe even Tshirts and other merch. It would work if all 5 got together. But they don't do that and from (my probably limited sense of making money) pov it doesn't make sense except pissing off their fans and buttering some rich folks.

I think it's just a business deal between SiriusXM, the band and Live Nation. It has been done before with other acts for whatever "special occasions". It's not just the show, it's the full package with the radio station etc. Both sides benefit (or at least they expect to). SiriusXM gains a few more subscribers (and probably some rights on the recording of the show), and in turn the radio station as well as the whole buzz about the show help in promoting the US leg of the tour; the radio is additionally a chance for their solo stuff to be heard - I don't think that CD, Duff's solo stuff and even Slash's Snakepit get much airplay (if at all) on other radio stations. Moreover, the Apollo is a legendary venue, which adds to the band's record. It's also possible that they'll make a DVD out of it.

18 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Of course it is, especially on this. I've seen a couple of posts already about the AFD 30th posters being on Sirius, people thinking it's them putting them up without the band knowing :rofl-lol:

Del James took a picture of one of the AFD 30th billboards in NY and posted it on Instagram and it is liked by TB. So, they absolutely do know! 

Their promo videos are different, I don't think they even look at them because the Australian one had footage of Axl from 2013 NuGnR in it. 

Yes, I agree with this. No way the trinity is not involved. The radio plays clips of Slash and Duff (no Axl) talking about the songs and whatnot, Duff hosted a punk show, etc.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, I agree with this. No way the trinity is not involved. The radio plays clips of Slash and Duff (no Axl) talking about the songs and whatnot, so apparently they approved for them to be used. Duff hsoted a punk show, etc.

Yes, I would go as far as to say the three are the driving force behind all of this. When things don't go the way we want them to, I don't think we can blame promoters or the clueless/cynical management. Axl, Slash and Duff are fully responsible for this - in my opinion.

I have to say, I am totally surprised they have got Axl on board with this (celebrating AFD) I want to go on a rambley post about this but don't have much time this morning and don't want to derail the Izzy thread :) perhaps if the WT isn't too busy later it'd be interesting. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I have to say, I am totally surprised they have got Axl on board with this (celebrating AFD) I want to go on a rambley post about this but don't have much time this morning and don't want to derail the Izzy thread :) perhaps if the WT isn't too busy later it'd be interesting. 

Yes, it's interesting... I'll be waiting for your post in the WT :)

• Like 2