Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

2 hours ago, Archtop said:

. It was pretty hilarious. Stevie would set up this suitcase and drum on it. Pretty crude. I would tape-record the whole thing on this little micro-cassette recorder. It sounded real good; that's how we wrote. I think maybe one day I'll press that stuff. So it doesn't matter what you write on, PortaStudios, eight-tracks. If you have a song that can cut it, it doesn't matter."

Yes please, what happened to this stuff did any of it get released? 

I thought about this too! There are probably so many gems that will be hidden forever that is very upsetting. I wish they released something like that for the AFD anniversary.

• Like 1

I really expected Izzy to tweet about the John Mellancamp collaboration, you know just a shout to say here is a new song/album by a friend of mine, listen to 'Grandview' I'm playing guitar. I find it odd he hasn't acknowledged it, it's almost rude. Maybe he feels like it's blowing his own trumpet, or feels awkward in some way, but wouldn't you just see it as a nice friendly bit of PR or recoignition for a mate?

1 hour ago, Archtop said:

I really expected Izzy to tweet about the John Mellancamp collaboration, you know just a shout to say here is a new song/album by a friend of mine, listen to 'Grandview' I'm playing guitar. I find it odd he hasn't acknowledged it, it's almost rude. Maybe he feels like it's blowing his own trumpet, or feels awkward in some way, but wouldn't you just see it as a nice friendly bit of PR or recoignition for a mate?

One never knows with Izzy. Maybe he is on a spiritual retirement and isn't even aware of the release of the album since apparently this was recorded back in the 90's. Who knows? :shrugs:

• Like 2

Quick update from the main section (in case you haven't had the pleasure of being there) I posted this goddamn boner-picture of Izzy on Dust n' Bones vs. 14 Years thread (page 4)

tumblr_mkadujk7m31s9aqg9o1_1280.jpg

I didn't get one single like out of  that picture.. ungrateful little shits. 

However... Fitha_whiskey posted this charming suggestion for song lyrics inspired by the picture:

:rofl-lol:

Izzy- if you're lurkin- you gotta go legend and write a song called "Haulin the Hog"...

im hauling a hog 

gets heavy 

bends my back n slows up my dog 

• Like 3

On 3 May 2017 at 10:30 PM, Darkenchantress said:

The people, the girls, it was so backward. The girls didn't even know how to dress when they went to gigs! So, the prospects were absolutely zilch.

I have always wondered about this quote, what were those poor Lafayette girls doing that was so wrong and What exactly does Izzy think is suitable attire for a girl at a gig? The mind boggles and for years I have always wanted to know the answer, my top question for Izzy If he ever does a solo tour "What should I wear"? ????/???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Archtop said:

I have always wondered about this quote, what were those poor Lafayette girls doing that was so wrong and What exactly does Izzy think is suitable attire for a girl at a gig? The mind boggles and for years I have always wanted to know the answer, my top question for Izzy If he ever does a solo tour "What should I wear"? ????/???

I think that it was only angry Izzy hating on Lafayette as he used to do on the early days. :lol:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Maybe the girls dressed too modest or old fashioned and thats why he said what he said. It sorta reminds me of that Comment Axl made on when he first arrived to LA he quickly found out that he was like 5 years behind the times. 

5 hours ago, Izzyarg said:

To the fans who needed to know , now is confirmed :) ( btw i told you guys  :P ) The Who + GNR  October 1st  in La Plata City http://www.lanacion.com.ar/2020796-guns-n-roses-y-the-who-juntos-en-el-estadio-unico-de-la-plata 

Nobody doubted GNR was going back to Argentina, it was already known at that moment. You mentioned there was an AFD Anniversary in October in Argentina, which is what most of us want and still nothing has been said about it from reliable sources. That link you posted doesn't mention anything either. That was the issue.

On 01/05/2017 at 2:08 AM, Darkenchantress said:

Saw this on tumblr and there are a couple of them that are new to me. Credit to vampirefoxblr

tumblr_op5xgu9VGG1uj8av3o1_250.jpgtumblr_op5xgu9VGG1uj8av3o3_250.jpg

tumblr_op5xgu9VGG1uj8av3o2_250.jpgtumblr_op5xgu9VGG1uj8av3o4_250.jpg

Too cool for this world. :wub: Love the zebra jacket.

i think from those images it's clear that Izzy does his best work between the 5th and 7th frets.

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

BTW, I'm missing @Kris_1989 lately in here :o

3 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Me too.  Wanted to ask today too but was asking myself  if it was too straightforward  :lol:

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I was wondering where she is too

Sorry, for being MIA! I've just been busy with work. I promise I haven't forgotten about our lord and savior of the avocados. :P

Edit: Btw, did any of you see the Steven interview on jonesy's jukebox? I know he could've just been excited to be there but he was acting like he was on coke or something. :( I hope he hasn't relapsed.

Edited by Kris_1989
added
  • Like 3

I am waiting for avocado pictures with Izzy today seeing it's Cinco De Mayo Day.. I wish Izzy would tweet a picture of an avocado today for Cinco De Mayo.. or at least tweet happy Cinco De Mayo to my fellow Izzy Avocado fans from mygnrforum.. 

10 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Sorry, for being MIA! I've just been busy with work. I promise I haven't forgotten about our lord and savior of the avocados. :P

Edit: Btw, did any of you see the Steven interview on jonesy's jukebox? I know he could've just been excited to be there but he was acting like he was on coke or something. :( I hope he hasn't relapsed.

I just watched it, its not good. :( 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

I did..:facepalm:

I Love Stevie, but if he's like that around the GNR guys, its no wonder they werent in any hurry to bring him back full time. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jane M. said:

Nobody doubted GNR was going back to Argentina, it was already known at that moment. You mentioned there was an AFD Anniversary in October in Argentina, which is what most of us want and still nothing has been said about it from reliable sources. That link you posted doesn't mention anything either. That was the issue.

I remember that some were debating why it wasn't possible that The Who play with GNR, and is confirmed in the official account of the band. I shared it because someone ( i don't remember who)  said that needed to know if this was going to happen to buy the tickets or not. And what I said is that a source told me it was one ( one of many) of Fernando's ideas for the AFD anniversary and this shows with The Who will happen only in Brazil, Chile and Argentina.. They are thinking surprises for some dates, that's all i know, Actually Steven said that too.

Edited by Izzyarg

16 hours ago, Izzyarg said:

To the fans who needed to know , now is confirmed :) ( btw i told you guys  :P ) The Who + GNR  October 1st  in La Plata City http://www.lanacion.com.ar/2020796-guns-n-roses-y-the-who-juntos-en-el-estadio-unico-de-la-plata 

Argentina seems to have very lively audiences... must be great for a rock band to play there. Is it always like this? 

Most people there are having fun, enjoying the music:headbang:. Not standing with their phones, basically watching the show through a lens

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Aah, glad you're OK! I haven't heard about it, where can I find it, please?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Ugh... That video makes me wish I had seen AC/DC one last time before Brian left. That guy is just a beast of a singer. :drool:

2 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Aah, glad you're OK! I haven't heard about it, where can I find it, please?

Speaking of ok @BorderlineCrazy is missing too, isn't he? :blink:

Here's the video:

I'm hoping he's just over excited because he's a big fan of Jonesy but I dunno... He doesn't seem 100% here. :(

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Argentina seems to have very lively audiences... must be great for a rock band to play there. Is it always like this? 

Most people there are having fun, enjoying the music:headbang:. Not standing with their phones, basically watching the show through a lens

yes!! i'm not a big fan of my country but this is one of the things i love, i missed that show it wasn't only the best AC DC show ever ( said by them) but the best of our country :'( ... before you die you have to come and see a show here !! :) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Izzyarg said:

yes!! i'm not a big fan of my country but this is one of the things i love, i missed that show it wasn't only the best AC DC show ever ( said by them) but the best of our country :'( ... before you die you have to come and see a show here !! :) 

OMFG! I just watched this video. Incredible. That crowd is a fucking beast! Now I'm hooked. I wanna go to Argentina and visit a rock show there. Forget Tango dancing, I wanna pogo in front of the stage!!! :headbang::lol: And die there probably... Looks scary but awesome :lol:

• Like 2