Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

8 minutes ago, int8 said:

@Kris_1989 So how can we help? How should we send you database with interviews (links or .doc file)? What about pictures? What is the most convenient way for you? 

If you guys could PM me links to interviews that you find that would be awesome!

7 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

This is the ideas for the name from Me

Bucket O' Trouble
Come On Now Inside
Avocado Farm
Ride On
On The Run
Knuckleheads
Comfort Zone

I'm not sure why you can't open it? Maybe because I haven't selected a domain name yet? I think once it's actually published it will work for you.

2 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

If you guys could PM me links to interviews that you find that would be awesome!

I'm not sure why you can't open it? Maybe because I haven't selected a domain name yet? I think once it's actually published it will work for you.

Just open it on chrome 

Seems tht I cant open the site on opera

Maybe You need to put the link to this thread with name "NO!  Gang" 

J. K. :awesomeface::smiley-confused2:

4 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Just open it on chrome 

Seems tht I cant open the site on opera

Maybe You need to put the link to this thread with name "NO!  Gang" 

J. K. :awesomeface::smiley-confused2:

I'll go do that now. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

I almost went with that but I also kinda like "On Down the Road" since that seems to be a running theme in a lot of his songs.

Here's what I've got done so far: http://bit.ly/2qpJHib (Obviously the link will change once we pick a name :P) And let me know if you guys think I should change the picture on the front page. That was the only one I could find that wasn't super grainy.

I'll probably finish the lyrics sections today and then I'll work on the tour section tomorrow. You guys can definitely help me with the interview & picture section though. :headbang:

WOWZA!!!!  Love this so much and the site looks so cool!  YOU ARE AWESOME! I'm on a little minibreak for Memorial Day weekend, so just was able to check it now. Also will help however I can when I get back home!  As far as names ..... ugh, I suck at names.  UnofficialIzzyStradlin is good, I think - simple and official (yet unofficial :P).

Edited by Cold Jen Time
  • Like 2

Well name-wise, if you want the site to be found via google or other search thingies, we should go with something like Fanpage and Izzy Stradlin. Maybe we can have a somewhat more unofficial name.

For that I like On Down The Road

10 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Well name-wise, if you want the site to be found via google or other search thingies, we should go with something like Fanpage and Izzy Stradlin. Maybe we can have a somewhat more unofficial name.

For that I like On Down The Road

I just want to be careful with the name so nobody thinks we're trying to be an official site or something. That's why I like On Down The Road because it's still Izzy but it's not as Official as just his name as the title... If that makes sense. :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

I almost went with that but I also kinda like "On Down the Road" since that seems to be a running theme in a lot of his songs.

Here's what I've got done so far: http://bit.ly/2qpJHib (Obviously the link will change once we pick a name :P) And let me know if you guys think I should change the picture on the front page. That was the only one I could find that wasn't super grainy.

I'll probably finish the lyrics sections today and then I'll work on the tour section tomorrow. You guys can definitely help me with the interview & picture section though. :headbang:

Damn girl... you're good. It looks amazing.

For a name : On Down The Road or  UnofficialIzzyStradlin, can't decide. 

I guess nobody's supporting Where's Izzy ?  (maybe it's too obvious and worn out?)

I also thought of It's so Izzy  but it's referencing to a song that wasn't written by Izzy....

If you really want to mix it up:

ShufflingWithDustN'BonesDuringFourteenyearswithPatience:P

• Like 3

@Kris_1989 great idea and great work with the website. It looks very good!

All of the interviews on the wayback machine are also here:

http://www.a-4-d.com/f19p550-gn-r-interview-archive

It has the vast majority of Izzy's interviews (including the audio and video ones) up to 2001. The only interview it doesn't have (from the ones I know of) from that period is the one for the local Lafayette newspaper.

• Like 2

@Kris_1989 great just job with the webpage.. I think someone should tweet Izzy with the website unless he is already on here and knows about it @Jane M. ?.... 

we almost at 200 pages what a celebration it will be.. I think if we get 500 Izzy should have private concert for his no gang members.. wishful thinking.. 

miss izzy teeets.. please tweet even a hi I am fine and don't want to be party of the g n r mess..

8 minutes ago, Stizzyfan01 said:

@Kris_1989 great just job with the webpage.. I think someone should tweet Izzy with the website unless he is already on here and knows about it @Jane M. ?....

200w.gif#8-grid1

And don't you do it either @SerenityScorp :bitchfight::lol:

It will probably take me a week before it's finished anyway.

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

I just want to be careful with the name so nobody thinks we're trying to be an official site or something. That's why I like On Down The Road because it's still Izzy but it's not as Official as just his name as the title... If that makes sense. :lol:

Sure. But then UnofficialIzzyStradlin would be it. And you can still mention the other name as the title on the site? Or doesn't that make sense? Google-wise it would work, if you want google to find it. As long as there is text on the homepage and in the about saying it's an unofficial fanpage etc., then google gets that and people find the site with search words like Izzy Stradlin and Fan that. When nothing like "Izzy" or "Izzy Stradlin" is in the url google will rank it lower. Sorry to be so smartass here ;)

And LOL @Kris_1989 that NO gif!

Edited by Tori72

Just now, Tori72 said:

Sure. But then UnofficialIzzyStradlin would be it. And you can still mention the other name as the title on the site? Or doesn't that make sense? Google-wise it would work, if you want google to find it. As long as there is text on the homepage and in the about saying it's an unofficial fanpage etc., then google gets that and people find the site with search words like Izzy Stradlin and Fan that. When nothing like "Izzy" or "Izzy Stradlin" is in the url google will rank it lower. Sorry to be so smartass here ;)

Well for right now this will be it because all the domain names I've tried have been taken already. :lol: So. There. :bitchfight:

https://ondowntheroad.wixsite.com/izzy

• Like 3

If anyone is  thinking about getting a new cell phone case, here's a really good one:

6587893-being-weird-is-just-a-side-effec 

Maybe@AslatIE could get one too. :lol:

Also read one interview from http://www.a-4-d.com/f19p550-gn-r-interview-archive

http://www.a-4-d.com/t486-1988-09-dd-interview-with-izzy-and-duff

"I don't really enjoy being a center of attention," says guitarist Izzy Stradlin of L.A. sensation Guns N' Roses. "I'm more into the music and what's happening with that. I enjoy having those guys take care of the publicity."

This is brand new information to me.. :blink:

23 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

And LOL @Kris_1989 that NO gif!

I have to agree with you Tori.. having "Izzy" in the name of the website is important if we are thinking about how easy it is for people to find it.  

Edited by Fourteenbeers

22 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Well for right now this will be it because all the domain names I've tried have been taken already. :lol: So. There. :bitchfight:

https://ondowntheroad.wixsite.com/izzy

What about The One and Only Izzy Stradlin 

It has Izzy's name on it and it is hinting that we don't like copycats. (you know where I'm going with this...:ph34r:)

3 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

What about The One and Only Izzy Stradlin 

It has Izzy's name on it and it is hinting that we don't like copycats. (you know where I'm going with this...:ph34r:)

Its too long. :( There is a character count I have to stay under. I can do ondowntheroad or unofficializzy but unofficializzystradlin was too long unless I pay for it. Which I don't want to do. :lol:

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1

Hey, haven't had time to go look but a domain name should have Izzy Stradlin in it so you get the hits. So you could go as far as 

"On down the road unofficial Izzy Stradlin fan site".

I think "Nothing on me" would have been good in an ironic way, as his kind of elusive.? (From Album smoke)

Great job, I have thought about something similar, can't wait to check it out, it's damn hot here, if its the same across the Irish sea those guys are to bake.

• Like 1