Metallica - Atlas, Rise! cover [Recorded with Line 6 amp]

Ok been listening to the album quite a bit. It is really good!

1. Hardwired- The lyrics are stupid but I've grown to really like this tune in the context of the record. Short, fast, furious, to the point. Sounds like a kick ass song from the old days. Wish a few of songs on disc 2 were more like this actually.

2. Atlas, Shrugged- Love this song. Kind of Death Magneticy jam at the end. Cool chorus and I like the harmonized guitars. One of my favorites on the album

3. Now That We're Dead- Black Albumy to me. Kind of cheesy lyrics but sweet riffs and grooves. Solid.

4. Moth Into Flame- Great tune. Catchy.

5. Dream No More- Black Albumy again. Its great. Like the vocal effects.

6. Halo On Fire- One of my favorite songs on the album. This is the ballad, I guess. The second half is really cool and might be my favorite solo on the record.

7. Confusion- One of my favorite riffs on the record. Almost Sabbathy. Bluesy Kirk solos. Fuck yeah.

8. ManUNkind- This is sadly where the album loses steam for me. This and the next few tunes aren't bad, but they aren't really standouts for me. This is like a heavier Load song, but not as catchy for me so far. Its cool, I like listening to it.

9. Here Comes Revenge- Same as above... its alright with some cool guitars but is also overlong.

10. Am I Savage?- Once again, same as above. Maybe my favorite of this lump of tunes, and has some cool moments but is just "ok"

11. Murder One- Same as above for me... again. Its cool but meh. Probably my least favorite song on the album. Sort of forgettable.

12. Spit Out The Bone- FUCK YEAH. Everything that has been said about this song has been said. Best fucking thing they've done in 20 years.

Overall, its a very solid album. Worth 8 years? Probably not, but its a solid follow up to Death Magnetic. To me, there isn't a bad song on it, but the 4 song stretch of "meh" songs on disc 2 hurts it. The production is great, though, and Hetfield's vocals and Lars' drumming are super improved. I really enjoyed Death Magnetic, but I am glad to see them writing more concise, focused songs now. 8/10 album for me.

EDIT- Wrong thread lmao

Nicw cover!

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2

On 11/28/2016 at 1:24 AM, ZoSoRose said:

Ok been listening to the album quite a bit. It is really good!

1. Hardwired- The lyrics are stupid but I've grown to really like this tune in the context of the record. Short, fast, furious, to the point. Sounds like a kick ass song from the old days. Wish a few of songs on disc 2 were more like this actually.

2. Atlas, Shrugged- Love this song. Kind of Death Magneticy jam at the end. Cool chorus and I like the harmonized guitars. One of my favorites on the album

3. Now That We're Dead- Black Albumy to me. Kind of cheesy lyrics but sweet riffs and grooves. Solid.

4. Moth Into Flame- Great tune. Catchy.

5. Dream No More- Black Albumy again. Its great. Like the vocal effects.

6. Halo On Fire- One of my favorite songs on the album. This is the ballad, I guess. The second half is really cool and might be my favorite solo on the record.

7. Confusion- One of my favorite riffs on the record. Almost Sabbathy. Bluesy Kirk solos. Fuck yeah.

8. ManUNkind- This is sadly where the album loses steam for me. This and the next few tunes aren't bad, but they aren't really standouts for me. This is like a heavier Load song, but not as catchy for me so far. Its cool, I like listening to it.

9. Here Comes Revenge- Same as above... its alright with some cool guitars but is also overlong.

10. Am I Savage?- Once again, same as above. Maybe my favorite of this lump of tunes, and has some cool moments but is just "ok"

11. Murder One- Same as above for me... again. Its cool but meh. Probably my least favorite song on the album. Sort of forgettable.

12. Spit Out The Bone- FUCK YEAH. Everything that has been said about this song has been said. Best fucking thing they've done in 20 years.

Overall, its a very solid album. Worth 8 years? Probably not, but its a solid follow up to Death Magnetic. To me, there isn't a bad song on it, but the 4 song stretch of "meh" songs on disc 2 hurts it. The production is great, though, and Hetfield's vocals and Lars' drumming are super improved. I really enjoyed Death Magnetic, but I am glad to see them writing more concise, focused songs now. 8/10 album for me.

EDIT- Wrong thread lmao

Nicw cover!

Thought you were drunk posting again :lol: 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...