Shooting Just Reported at Ohio State University

Ace Nova

12 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

Looks like the perp carried out the attack with a knife, not a gun

Which is likely the reason why nobody was killed. If he'd had a gun this could've been so much worse.

53 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Bloomin eck, a knife attack. There goes my smug argument to end firearms ownership.

Not really. If anything it makes your argument stronger.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

No Len, we have to ascertain if the shooter was white, black or brown!

Bloomin eck, a knife attack. There goes my smug argument to end firearms ownership.

Well, it was carried out with a knife, so perhaps we should ban those. Maybe doing so would help the obesity crisis as well as without them cutting cakes would be so much more difficult. :lol:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Well, it was carried out with a knife, so perhaps we should ban those. Maybe doing so would help the obesity crisis as well as without them cutting cakes would be so much more difficult. :lol:

Serious eaters know that sporks are the only item of cutlery ever needed. 

Plus, being murdered by a spork will take longer, be more humiliating and it could easily be passed off as a camping accident!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

The immediate reaction to a report about a shooting is that it is a shooting?  Well, yeah.

This is what I mean... Immediately with ZERO info the media or whoever says it is a gun...  Granted this article DID say that but at the very same time it was being reported it was a knife...

1 hour ago, bran said:

you just know some people were hoping he was a self professed trump supporting neo nazi.

I'll admit, i do that EVERYTIME an atrocity happens, my inner monologue goes 'please dont let it be my lot, please dont let it be my lot, please dont let it be my lot' :lol:  Now i think about it that sounds quite selfish, just being honest.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

Really? and who exactly would be "some people" and why would they hope that?

it pushes their narrative. have you ever visited some of the far left websites? or some sub reddits on reddit?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gunsguy said:

This is what I mean... Immediately with ZERO info the media or whoever says it is a gun...  Granted this article DID say that but at the very same time it was being reported it was a knife...

I'm pretty sure OSU and the local PD initially declared it an active shooter situation. So speaking of making leaps based on prior judgment without basis, let's give the media a break when they deserve it so that criticisms of the media can still pack a punch when they deserve it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, axlslash said:

I'm pretty sure OSU and the local PD initially declared it an active shooter situation. So speaking of making leaps based on prior judgment without basis, let's give the media a break when they deserve it so that criticisms of the media can still pack a punch when they deserve it. 

True perhaps but my breaking news app didnt mention a shooter...  its odd how some media mentioned it and some didnt