Shooting Just Reported at Ohio State University

Ace Nova

33 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

True perhaps but my breaking news app didnt mention a shooter...  its odd how some media mentioned it and some didnt

I can't speak for the media, but here is the official OSU Emergency  Management message that went out yesterday when the situation first started:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Axl owns dexter said:

John Podesta literally says this in one of his leaked emails. He had wished a shooter at that time had been a white guy named Chris Hayes rather than the muslim guy it ended up being. 

Unless I am missing something  it had nothing to do with Trump or the Alt-right but rather from what I have read it had to do with him not wanting the killing to fan the flames of prejudice against Muslims. I am not defending what he wrote but just pointing out context is important when you make statements like you did as it evidently has nothing to do with what Bran was talking about...........

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Podesta-Muslim-shooter-San-Bernardino/2016/10/16/id/753688/

8 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Will this ever stop?

Unfortunately I don't think so............ISIS, Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups will never be defeated as they are a philosophy that knows no borders. This idea that we can ever completely eradicate these groups is a fantasy IMHO.

2 hours ago, classicrawker said:

Unfortunately I don't think so............ISIS, Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups will never be defeated as they are a philosophy that knows no borders. This idea that we can ever completely eradicate these groups is a fantasy IMHO.

No, but it can be contained a hell of a lot better.

3 hours ago, classicrawker said:

Unless I am missing something  it had nothing to do with Trump or the Alt-right but rather from what I have read it had to do with him not wanting the killing to fan the flames of prejudice against Muslims. I am not defending what he wrote but just pointing out context is important when you make statements like you did as it evidently has nothing to do with what Bran was talking about...........

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Podesta-Muslim-shooter-San-Bernardino/2016/10/16/id/753688/

I think you're being pretty forgiving on what he meant. He said what he said. But we can interpret our own meaning to that since we don't know what was going on in his head. I interpret more of a Machiavellian sense of it, meaning it would be more politically expedient for this shooter to be a white guy. Since it turned out to be a muslim, it just makes it that much harder for them to implement their policies such as refugee resettlement. To sum up, it was just bad optics for their political side.

37 minutes ago, Axl owns dexter said:

I think you're being pretty forgiving on what he meant. He said what he said. But we can interpret our own meaning to that since we don't know what was going on in his head. I interpret more of a Machiavellian sense of it, meaning it would be more politically expedient for this shooter to be a white guy. Since it turned out to be a muslim, it just makes it that much harder for them to implement their policies such as refugee resettlement. To sum up, it was just bad optics for their political side.

You are speculating as there is nothing in Podestra's e-mail that references what you claim.......and in fact you are trying to somehow tie this e-mail to bran's claim that he has read on redit that some liberals were wishing that the shooter was a white neo Nazi Trump supporter so you are really stretching things here as they are not related...............

This all he said so not sure how you came up with the conspiracy theory tying this to refugee settlement......

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/11500

Edited by classicrawker

1 hour ago, classicrawker said:

You are speculating as there is nothing in Podestra's e-mail that references what you claim.......and in fact you are trying to somehow tie this e-mail to bran's claim that he has read on redit that some liberals were wishing that the shooter was a white neo Nazi Trump supporter so you are really stretching things here as they are not related...............

This all he said so not sure how you came up with the conspiracy theory tying this to refugee settlement......

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/11500

Conspiracy theory? I'm using common sense. Podesta is for mass muslim resettlement into the US. Muslim terrorist attacks make that hard to politically happen, it's not that hard to figure out.

Glad to hear that the only person killed was the madman.  

Story probably would have had a different result had the attacker had a gun versus a knife.  Guess that's what surprises me the most out of this tragedy; that the attacker opted for a knife versus getting a gun.

"They provide the ideology, the sense of identity, and colorful guides. "Independent contractors" do the grunt work.

Yes, ISIS has become the Uber of terrorism. You take on the risk, and provide the "car" (which in this case, was an actual car, and a knife) and ISIS gets to put their name on whatever you do. You didn't hire Ivan to drive you home from the bar; you called "an Uber". And a month from now, this won't be Abdul Artan's stabbing spree. It'll be yet another ISIS attack."

4 hours ago, Axl owns dexter said:

I'm surprised they aren't just doing the Nice, France attack on repeat.

Well, the article seems to suggest that they don't have the resources or time to send trained mujahideen fighters into foreign countries to carry out attacks like that anymore. Most of their trained fighters are preoccupied with defending Mosul and other key territories in Syria (where they have been all but crushed by Assad and Putin on their Western front) and Iraq (where the US has opened up an eastern front at Mosul).

They know they can't hold territory any longer, and they know thar it is incredibly difficult to get soldiers into high security western countries without detection by government agencies.

Their solution is to use propaganda to try and convert angry and disgruntled teens (the kind of people who are already at risk for commiting mass murder) into "ISIS" agents. Due to the difficulty, expense, or both of getting guns and training to these teens, ISIS is putting an emphasis on knife attacks.

Essentially, they want randos to commit mass murder with enough loose ties to ISIS that they can claim responsibility and goad the West into unleashing its military fury, which they believe will anger more Muslims into joining their cause. 

1 hour ago, Dan H. said:

Well, the article seems to suggest that they don't have the resources or time to send trained mujahideen fighters into foreign countries to carry out attacks like that anymore. Most of their trained fighters are preoccupied with defending Mosul and other key territories in Syria (where they have been all but crushed by Assad and Putin on their Western front) and Iraq (where the US has opened up an eastern front at Mosul).

They know they can't hold territory any longer, and they know thar it is incredibly difficult to get soldiers into high security western countries without detection by government agencies.

Their solution is to use propaganda to try and convert angry and disgruntled teens (the kind of people who are already at risk for commiting mass murder) into "ISIS" agents. Due to the difficulty, expense, or both of getting guns and training to these teens, ISIS is putting an emphasis on knife attacks.

Essentially, they want randos to commit mass murder with enough loose ties to ISIS that they can claim responsibility and goad the West into unleashing its military fury, which they believe will anger more Muslims into joining their cause. 

That may be true but I was under the impression the attacker in Nice was not trained by ISIS, but that he was radicalized in France. I'm just surprised more of these guys who are radicalized here don't have enough agency to pull something like that off. Which, sadly, wouldn't be that hard to do.

22 minutes ago, Axl owns dexter said:

That may be true but I was under the impression the attacker in Nice was not trained by ISIS, but that he was radicalized in France. I'm just surprised more of these guys who are radicalized here don't have enough agency to pull something like that off. Which, sadly, wouldn't be that hard to do.

I'm sure we'll see more attacks like Nice if ISIS continues to hold influence in the world of radical Islam. Guns and military weapons are harder to aquire for young college aged radicals, but they certainly are not impossible to aquire.

It's not at all outlandish to reckon that eventually, someone who owns and can operate semi-automatic weapons, is of little suspicion to the government, and is angry enough to carry out an attack will do so. 

The France situation was particularly frightening because the perp self radicalized in an extraordinarily swift span of time, and only raised suspicions amongst peers and the police a few days before the attacks. 

On 29/11/2016 at 10:16 AM, Len Cnut said:

I'll admit, i do that EVERYTIME an atrocity happens, my inner monologue goes 'please dont let it be my lot, please dont let it be my lot, please dont let it be my lot' :lol:  Now i think about it that sounds quite selfish, just being honest.  

Is this also what you say when another match fixing scandal brews up?