Melissa Reese: My Bandmates 'Are Like Big Brothers To Me'

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

If they were not under gag orders, and agreed to interviews like normal bands, you know Slash would say something like, ''yeh man, when all things are considered she pushes us musically, getting us to where we want to go blah blah'' (the usual Slash gibberish), but we all know the truth that she is there at Axl's insistence, and that Slash had to accept the Axl dick up the arse because Slash wants the money and the reunion too much - Duff also.

Slash has had three bands since Guns, Snakepit #1, Snakepit #2 and The Conspirators and at no point did he desire one keyboardist let alone two of them!! Reportedly he was against Dizzy's inclusion, back in 1990!

Omg Dave Kushner played all those solos in VR :wow:

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

She isn't even plugged in. She just jumps up and down like she is having sex behind the keyboard. And the reason ''people view'' Axl ''as some kind of dictator'' is because he is one. By all means: give the name back to Slash and Duff; allow Slash and Duff to make 40% of the decisions; make a sweaty rock n' roll record. Isn't going to happen, is it?

She is plugged in, lower in the mix but plugged in. Not only do you have no proof she isn't, why would the band bother replacing Pitman and pay someone to do nothing? The band obviously believes that they need it, sorry you feel otherwise but it's just facts. And Axl isn't a dictator. Slash and Duff are parts of the partnership and make decisions for this tour.

7 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

She is plugged in, lower in the mix but plugged in. Not only do you have no proof she isn't, why would the band bother replacing Pitman and pay someone to do nothing? The band obviously believes that they need it, sorry you feel otherwise but it's just facts. And Axl isn't a dictator. Slash and Duff are parts of the partnership and make decisions for this tour.

I disagree with everything you have said.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I disagree with everything you have said.

Can you elaborate? You can actually hear here slightly in the professional Troubadour mix of SCOM at one point, if you need me to show a time code with proof I'm all for it. Slash and Duff are partners and decided the majority of the setlist and stage design- both facts.

12 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Before NITL: NuGN'R sucks! Bring back Slash! We want reunion!

When NITL: It's a cash grab tour!!!!! Slash N' Duff just wanted the money!!!!

I liked the old line-up enough to trust Axl's creativity. I wanted the new album Axl worked on for so many years, in the same vein as Chinese Democracy. I wanted more Buckethead, more Robin Finck and why not Bumblefoot. Didn't really care about the reunion thing. But Axl was broke with no album deals.

NITL is the definition of a cash grab tour, give the fans what they want which is Slash and Axl performing the oldies Sweet Child O' Mine and November Rain with the same line-up aka NuGnR and same setlist with no future plans. We're again stuck in the abyss which is the non-stop chinese democracy tour experience.

At least we got Axl/DC.

• Like 1

Not an incredibly huge Melissa fan but she doesn't make them sound drastically worse either. I wonder how Axl decided on her being pitmans replacement...

But she did help with those Chinese remixes so at least we know how he found her but..Idk I just wonder what it was about her that made Axl say "we've got to have her"

5 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Not an incredibly huge Melissa fan but she doesn't make them sound drastically worse either. I wonder how Axl decided on her being pitmans replacement...

But she did help with those Chinese remixes so at least we know how he found her but..Idk I just wonder what it was about her that made Axl say "we've got to have her"

Maybe it was Brain's recommendation.

It's obviously Brain recommendation tho, he comes to Vegas show right?

How have you used the RISE in your live performances?

I’ve created custom sounds on Equator that I then sample and use throughout the show. For the producing and composing side, the 5D Touch element has been insane. It’s seriously changed everything. The bends, the slides and the lifts — along with Equator — make it like being a kid in a candy store. I’ve told everyone about it. It’s so new-school!

That's a little answer what she does onstage, i can't understand anything.

I just realized that interview is from Roli website, what a weirdass keyboard.

SeaboardR-25-large.jpg

Maybe next she should grab a continuum fingerboard and going bald like Jordan Rudess.

FullSized-Angled.jpg

7 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Can you elaborate? You can actually hear here slightly in the professional Troubadour mix of SCOM at one point, if you need me to show a time code with proof I'm all for it. Slash and Duff are partners and decided the majority of the setlist and stage design- both facts.

Only a non-CD song (where Pitman would have been adding farts regardless)? What is she doing bobbing up and down on the Appetite rockers?

I think it is true that Slash and Duff chose to play the chinese turds, it is proof how desperate they were to suck up to Axl. Sort of humiliating watching Slash play 'Sorry' really? The poor bastard probably doesn't even realise he is basically playing a song describing himself as a wanker haha.

How do We know tht They dont have any future plans?

how can You said Slash N' Duff playing Chinese Democracy means tht Slash N' Duff are desperate to suck it up Axl? Likes it or not its GN'R album, Except if its just a solo album

N' Axl ever said before, In Here, tht "Sorry" isnt just about Slash

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Before NITL: NuGN'R sucks! Bring back Slash! We want reunion!

When NITL: It's a cash grab tour!!!!! Slash N' Duff just wanted the money!!!!

This. That's the usual mygnr #TeamComplaints for you.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think it is true that Slash and Duff chose to play the chinese turds, it is proof how desperate they were to suck up to Axl. Sort of humiliating watching Slash play 'Sorry' really? The poor bastard probably doesn't even realise he is basically playing a song describing himself as a wanker haha.

Or maybe it is just a testament to how more mature Slash and Duff and Axl are to not think the way you are thinking lol.

Seriously all is fine in GNR land in 2016 by the looks of it

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Or maybe it is just a testament to how more mature Slash and Duff and Axl are to not think the way you are thinking lol.

Seriously all is fine in GNR land in 2016 by the looks of it

Of course it is very mature playing a song which is pretty much describing yourself as a wanker! I call it degrading subservience. It would be similar if McCartney covered 'How Do You Sleep?'.