Guns N' Roses: The Making of Live Era 87-93

5 minutes ago, Ric Nightingale said:

Live Era gets played more than any other GNR album. I don't know why but I'm always compelled to reach for that one. The version of Estranged on this tops the studio version in every way. Superb!!

i personally love estranged and you're crazy are probably my favourites. 

33 minutes ago, Ric Nightingale said:

Live Era gets played more than any other GNR album. I don't know why but I'm always compelled to reach for that one. The version of Estranged on this tops the studio version in every way. Superb!!

Instrumentally superb but remember the vocals have been re recorded in the studio.

Live Era was one of the worst live albums in history!

The fact that Axl re-recorded most of his vocals SIX YEARS after his last actual live performance, was sickening to this die-hard GNR fan.

FAKE Era should be the proper title! Absolute garbage!

Personally, the unedited soundboard recording of the Los Angeles Forum August 3, 1991 concert would have made for a much better LIVE release!

• Like 2

Former guitarist Slash notes that the album is "not pretty and there are a lot of mistakes, but this is Guns N' Roses, not the fucking Mahavishnu Orchestra. It's as honest as it gets."

Except that, you know, both Slash and Axl re-recorded a lot of the "live" album :lol:

37 minutes ago, estranged_85 said:

love this album despite the re-recording. Have played it at alot of parties!  my fave's would be.. Jungle,nightrain,rocket queen, Estranged, Knocking, Don't cry, YCBM, Sweet child, Paradise city, It's allright.

wish i could play it at parties, wife always puts on belle and sebastian or pop music, no GNR for friends...