Art

Eric Cantona

31 minutes ago, Rovim said:

True, but maybe it helps when you're completely self centered cause your goal as an artist is to reflect yourself, your thoughts without letting others get in the way of your vision. Just saves time to be a shitbag and maybe artists don't like to not be themselves so they are more shitty cause they are not as considerate as human beings to their surroundings. The task is so challenging to make masterpieces anyway or good art. Or perhaps a lot of humans are just fuckin' assholes, and great artists are not known for their well balanced behavior. 

Oh, definitely. To be a top artist, musician, author, poet etc requires a very specific mindset that is very often conducive to antisocial behaviour. I mean, we could literally sit here all day and type out creative people who are the top of their fields who are/were absolute wankers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

I mean, we could literally sit here all day and type out creative people who are the top of their fields who are/were absolute wankers.

That's usually what I do with most of my free time. I call it "absolute wankers time". Eddie Van Halen.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, downliner said:

Not really into art. Have visited the Tate Modern and the Van Gogh Museum but wasn't that impressed Im afraid. The Tate was f'n shite to be honest. Stupid shit like a glass of water on a shelf, or a tree branch, or a pile of bricks :facepalm:

I'm quite fond of local artists. They're not professional artists but their work is better than a shitey pile of bricks Im sure :lol: An artist on my island does something called "Sketch A Day" and sells the original work for £50 every day, or will do a commission for the same price.

Obviously it's not to the same standard as a glass of water, but I think these are pretty good:-

15003366_1181809121895427_19483443925174

14731160_1157439370999069_73058528068837

More pics at https://www.facebook.com/lorrainebruceart/photos/

i like these :)