5 Things GN'R Should Do On Their 2017 Tour (RS Article)

Absolutely spot on! Add in that they could add a new song in anlld you have a total winner. It is pretty bad when RS is writing this sort of stuff though, but they are alp valid and fair points! Even the Izzy bit is thought out, he isn't 100% reliable but yes it would be nice to see him play a song or two. 

What really happens - same list, business as usual, and fingers crossed Axl calls them out during Double jive or the motherload and we get, get in the ring :D

number 1 - will never be eliminated - SLASH  has been the show since day 1 - I love the instrumentals - been going since the band got together - what is a GNR show without Slash ripping away on the Les Paul - I wish he would play more 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Who's message? Lol. A lot of this is way off. 

the fans message...

Lots of people here and in other parts of the Internet want to see some of those changes so I don't know how it can be "way off".

Probably because a journalist wrote it?

now that  is lol.

1- No. Slash is The Godfather theme. Not going anywhere!!

2- Yeah! Play Dead Horse or Pretty Tied Up. Drop The Zicaa. And we'll be just fine!!

3- Fuckin YES!! He's more than capable! Bring him back!! #TheSmilesAllAroundTour

4- Go, go, go :headbang:

5- No! Yes, Yes, Yes! Wherever you are, leave you avocados, drone racing, twitter and come back...YOU ARE MISSED #TheSplitTheLootEquallyTour

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, killuridols said:

the fans message...

Lots of people here and in other parts of the Internet want to see some of those changes so I don't know how it can be "way off".

Probably because a journalist wrote it?

now that  is lol.

Because a journalist wrote it? Huh? 

No, a lot of it is way off because it's just not based in any sort of fact. Take for example that GNR opened with Jungle for over a decade, so there's no need to suggest it as if it's never been done. 

Then there's the remarks about how Steven couldn't play YCBM when there's video proof of that happening. 

Then there's the thing where many fans enjoy things like Slash playing Voodoo after CW. 

• Like 3

Slash playing Voodoo Child must last half a minute as much, how could that be a problem?!

About the Appetite anniversary, an album as amazing as this one deserves to be celebrated but as much as I love all the songs on it, I much rather have Steven and Izzy on stage than have the other 3 playing Anything Goes or You're Crazy (let alone Think About You without Izzy). To have the only five guys in the world who could make this album happen together on stage, that would be the proper celebration IMO!

To me, Steven, Izzy and new songs are the only important things. Then, there are some details that could be cool but aren't really determinant.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Because a journalist wrote it? Huh? 

No, a lot of it is way off because it's just not based in any sort of fact. Take for example that GNR opened with Jungle for over a decade, so there's no need to suggest it as if it's never been done. 

Then there's the remarks about how Steven couldn't play YCBM when there's video proof of that happening. 

Then there's the thing where many fans enjoy things like Slash playing Voodoo after CW. 

Why do you need facts when all of it is based on opinion? :question:

"We know Axl Rose loves nothing better than being told what to do, particularly by the press, but here are some suggestions."
That line is anticipating the tone of the article and how it should be taken, read and handled.

- You mention the WTTJ thing and you are correct about that but in my case, from that paragraph, it was the Nov Rain suggestion what called my attention. Not because I think they should open with that one but I get what the guy means: play with the surprise factor a bit more, don't make it so predictable.

- I guess a lot of people may enjoy Slash playing the Voodoo stuff.... but others maybe do not?? His point of it being predictable it is made and I think the same goes for The Godfather and the Layla bit.
I am particularly bored with that and all the long ass solos and all the covers. It'd be really nice to listen to other songs and maybe new covers.

- About Steven playing YCBM.... yeah, sounds a bit mean but again, he has a point when he says Steven should be allowed to play more songs in the show, so in the end he's not that way off from what fans want.

13 hours ago, Jane M. said:

Oh great, telling Axl what to do. Now that's exactly what he won't allow, never. Thanks a lot Rolling Stone.:fuckyou:

Oh, he might allow it, just 20 years of fuming + a negative bank account later. :lol:

11 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

number 1 - will never be eliminated - SLASH  has been the show since day 1 - I love the instrumentals - been going since the band got together - what is a GNR show without Slash ripping away on the Les Paul - I wish he would play more 

Yeah we all want to hear Slash play the shit out of that Les Paul, but think about it - wouldn't you prefer if he played the shit out of said Les Paul on a new song instead of Layla? :wow:

13 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

why people love izzy so much on stage, i just dont get it 

They don't love him on stage, they just want him in the band. Because GNR fans can never be 100% satisfied. I personally don't want him to play with them as much as I want him to get in the studio with them, since it's his songwriting that he's renowned for.

16 hours ago, KiraMPD said:

They missed the most important things...

1. Write a new song
  2. Play said new song during the gigs

That is all.

This times 1,000. 

Except I would go a little further. 

These guys could easily work out three songs together. They are spending months and months on the road. 

Let Duff and Slash pick the three remaining CD2 songs they like the best. General, checkmate, Soulmonster - whatever they might be. 

Incorporate those six songs into the setlist. Rotate two of them into every show. 

And yes. More Izzy and Adler. Less instrumentals and covers. And mix up the set list with some lessor played songs. 

Axl,Slash and Duff are still going to split 2 million bucks a show. 

Why not show the fans you've got some creativity left and that this isn't just a paint-by-numbers tour to fill the retirement accounts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nonok said:

Because GNR fans can never be 100% satisfied. 

Not necessarily true!

Release three albums on iTunes in time for Christmas. CD2, CD3 and remix album. Clear out the vault.

Release regrouping album in early 2017. Hopefully Izzy will write a couple songs with them. 

Summer of 2017, release an ACDC album with Axl in vocals. 

Do that an I will retire from the forums and be the happiest GnR fan in the world. 100% happy. 

I won't care if they then go back into cash-making-mode by bastardizing the GnR name on every product imaginable ala Kiss. Watches, pictures books, action figures, video games, caskets, etc.