01/22/17 - Kobe, JP - Kobe World Memorial Hall

gunsguy

2 hours ago, Fanboy said:

Not a big fan of Babymetal but from what I saw on youtube, their shows are kinda insane, and they seem to be freaking huge in Japan, it's going to be a hell of a night.
Axl and the singer of babymetal (su metal?) are going to duo and cover the song Pen Pineapple Apple Pen from Pikotaro

Well, OK, because that's such a totally rockin' song.  

1474887168-0.jpg

3 hours ago, smoking guns said:

That is a cool looking building from the outside... Maybe Axl will give some bullshit Trump rant.

One anti-Trump word out of Axl onstage in Japan and I promise I'll cancel going to the remainder of these shows. I will not tolerate politicizing these shows. 

2 hours ago, History2010 said:

Very curious to know why they are playing a venue with only 8,000 seats. I think it's safe to say we won't get any periscopes and only limited footage after the show. 

The Japanese are bootlegging the hell out this tour, believe me. You may or may not get a lot of periscopes tonight but you can bet there will be a number of bootlegs released next month. The just played Kyocera Dome last night which is only about an hour away, so an 8,000 seater the next night is safe bet. You may recall in the midwest last summer they did too many stadium shows that were too close together in distance and date, leading to sluggish tickets sales in the smaller markets like Cincinnati and Pittsburgh. 

16 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

What did you think of them bringing out a Trump doll and inviting the audience to kick the shit out of it?

G n R playing the identity politics card for a foreign audience was a cheap, unprofessional stunt that reeked of Del James. Were it not for them presenting it as a pinata in caricature as opposed to a person being hung in effigy one could easily argue it was a hate crime. My initial reaction was to suggest they can all go fuck themselves and I will cancel attending the Japanese tour. However, if we stayed home every time our favorite entertainers did something incredibly stupid or foolish I guess we'd never go out. Additionally, I really want to see Melissa Reese grooving at the keyboard again.

Edited by SteveAJones

42 minutes ago, coreyx said:

The feeling is that coma Will be dropped tonight ! Utlh instead ? :o

I would not mind if they dropped Coma altogether. It's a creepy song that no longer reflects where Axl (or any of the others) are at in this stage of their lives now. I'd prefer to hear them attempt something else from Chinese Democracy instead. Back Off Bitch would also be a good choice.

If Duff wears that Woman's March t-shirt onstage tonight I'll puke.

• Like 1

Please stop with the politics.

Mods where are u?? Or u just punish stupid things like caps writing or bad words??

Lets keep this thing clean. 

U trump fans, or anti trump people can all create a separated topic and talk about that, fight and write about whatever gnr does/say about this particular subject.  But please dont ruin the tour for everybody else.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

I would not mind if they dropped Coma altogether. It's a creepy song that no longer reflects where Axl (or any of the others) are at in this stage of their lives now. I'd prefer to hear them attempt something else from Chinese Democracy instead. Back Off Bitch would also be a good choice.

If Duff wears that Woman's March t-shirt onstage tonight I'll puke.

If you are thinking about stage of their lives then they would probably play like 2 songs cause almost non of them are reflection of their lives now 

• Like 2