01/22/17 - Kobe, JP - Kobe World Memorial Hall

gunsguy

1 hour ago, Wagszilla said:

Since I don't want to fuck him, who gives a shit? 

Lol. How about the thousands of people saying he's fat? Then he loses weight and now apparently it's "who gives a fuck about his weight"? Guy just can't win can he

14 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Pretty sure it's just you, Axl is a little off key or out of tune on some notes...a lot of the vocals are too flat. 

But instrumentally it's great 

And to be fair it hasn't sounded good since 06

2010?

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

11 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Lol. How about the thousands of people saying he's fat? Then he loses weight and now apparently it's "who gives a fuck about his weight"? Guy just can't win can he

2010?

I agree he did sound great in 2010. I also like d some of the 2012 that I have seen. I think the Kobe show sounded better than Osaka.

Edited by BlueJean Baby
Added to it

19 minutes ago, cremefraiche said:

I wonder if him donning the bathrobe for the bow lends any weight to theories that Axl is sick?

And my god Slash has a round belly! not flabby just so round haha

Haha yeah, Slash does but he is confident about showing it. :P and I think Axl is a bit under the weather...he tends to get sick after flights at the beginning of tours. 

15 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Haha yeah, Slash does but he is confident about showing it. :P and I think Axl is a bit under the weather...he tends to get sick after flights at the beginning of tours. 

True true, my first time leaving the country last year was a flight from Auckland to L.A and I was fucked for like two days.

Hope the transition to summer down under doesn't make anything worse! 

Axl DOESNT use his raspy voice anymore, because using it requires much more energy. And he doesnt care if he sounds great, good or bad... He thinks that he doesnt have to prove anything to anyone( which is bullshit).

in 2010,2006 or any raspy show, he sounded raspy because he wanted to.

the reason he sounds weak on some songs isnt because he is unprepared. If he is unprepared to sing, then why he sounds crazy raspy on the "ITS SO EASY, SP FUCKING EASY" part?? Or any other raspy song. Why doesnt he sing NR through his chest voice? BECAUSE THATS HOW HE WANTS TO. It sounds like shit yeah, i agree . But not much we can do here...

7 hours ago, goneshootin said:

After watching the YCBM video I'm tempted to trade my Dublin tickets for a date later in the tour. I won't claim to know a thing about preparation and technical aspects of singing but to my untrained ear he sounds like crap. 

there is a lot of variables of course but i would guess by the 4th 5th shows should be safe unless there is something else going on .

41 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Don't know if you're trolling, but seriously... ask yourself, why does he sound raspy on It's So Easy when he screams? Why does he sound raspy on Welcome To The Jungle when he screams? Why does he sound raspy on Better when he screams? 

The answer is pretty obvious... 

He sounds raspy because he screams. He always sounds raspy when he screams. That's how his voice works these days. He can't pull of rasp when ever he wants to. He just can't. These days he sounds raspy almost only when he screams. That's how it is, and there's pretty much nothing he can do about it.

That's why he sounds raspy on AC/DC songs, cause those songs are almost 100% screaming. That's why he sounds raspy pretty much every time he screams on GNR songs and almost never on other occasions. If he could, he would sing with 100% rasp all the time. But he can't. Just like you can't do it, he can't do it either. Not anymore. Just accept it, stop complaining and move on.

AC/DC songs almost 100% screaming??????? Someone here needs a full re-listen of their discography, at least Bon's era

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Don't know if you're trolling, but seriously... ask yourself, why does he sound raspy on It's So Easy when he screams? Why does he sound raspy on Welcome To The Jungle when he screams? Why does he sound raspy on Better when he screams? 

The answer is pretty obvious... 

He sounds raspy because he screams. He always sounds raspy when he screams. That's how his voice works these days. He can't pull of rasp when ever he wants to. He just can't. These days he sounds raspy almost only when he screams. That's how it is, and there's pretty much nothing he can do about it.

That's why he sounds raspy on AC/DC songs, cause those songs are almost 100% screaming. That's why he sounds raspy pretty much every time he screams on GNR songs and almost never on other occasions. If he could, he would sing with 100% rasp all the time. But he can't. Just like you can't do it, he can't do it either. Not anymore. Just accept it, stop complaining and move on.

This is bullshit. He screams through the Brian songs, but he sings the Bon songs, and they sound fuller, grittier and all-around better than his GNR 'head voice'.

It's gonna take me forever to find the clip, but in 2012 while talking to a crowd after Don't Cry he said someone asked him why he didn't use his raspy voice on that song, and his response was pretty much 'well, because I don't want to'.

If he wanted to put in the effort to sound raspy on November Rain, Better, Paradise City or whatever then he would. But he's content with his current vocal approach so that's what we get.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

This is bullshit. He screams through the Brian songs, but he sings the Bon songs, and they sound fuller, grittier and all-around better than his GNR 'head voice'.

It's gonna take me forever to find the clip, but in 2012 while talking to a crowd after Don't Cry he said someone asked him why he didn't use his raspy voice on that song, and his response was pretty much 'well, because I don't want to'.

If he wanted to put in the effort to sound raspy on November Rain, Better, Paradise City or whatever then he would. But he's content with his current vocal approach so that's what we get.

Actually his response was "I have no fucking idea, guy"

Edited by MrSoftie
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Actually his response was "I have no fucking idea, guy"

Thanks. I always remembered the way he said it more than what he actually said lol.

My point stands though. Listen to the verses from Nightrain from any of the NA shows last year, there's no reason he couldn't sing other songs with the voice he uses there.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

46 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

ya AC DC Brian is pure screams, and why Axl's said it could damage his/other voices (it's trickier in a sense)...

also on the Chiniese E/X interview didn't he mention that he wanted to sound "clearer" on CD/future? something like that right?

either way I think he sounds incredible...always has always will...but to tell you the truth I don't watch him live much on youtube (and analyze)...I rather listen to him in the flesh...it's addictive :P

• Like 1

9 hours ago, goneshootin said:

After watching the YCBM video I'm tempted to trade my Dublin tickets for a date later in the tour. I won't claim to know a thing about preparation and technical aspects of singing but to my untrained ear he sounds like crap. 

It doesn't matter what show you go to YCBM will always sound this way. If you are that mad about it go do a piss break during that song or RQ because those 2 seem to be Axls weakpoints (aswell as PC but that's the closer).