01/22/17 - Kobe, JP - Kobe World Memorial Hall

gunsguy

23 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Yes. ..finally someone has said what my theory has been. Of course it's just a theory but pretty probable. We all know how angry those AC/DC fans to hear that Axl was replacing Brian for the tour. He absolutely had something to prove and by pushing himself to the limit he did earn many of the their fans respect! 

Exactly. I'm a huge AC/DC fan and when I heard that Axl would be replacing Brian I wasn't too sure. I love gnr and Axl but I also knew how his voice was after Chinese Democracy and before the NITL tour. I had a feeling that he would do well with AC/DC, but I was wrong. He did an AMAZING job there. He really knew what Brian meant to the fans and he did not let the band, Brian or the fans down. He gained so much respect with me because of doing that. Especially if you look at his position back then. Brian was very loved and no one wanted to see him replaced and Axl was not a very loved man at that time. He knew he was going to get a lot of hate for replacing Brian, but he helped AC/DC out and did not let the fans down. Cheers Axl!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DeadHorse16 said:

Exactly. I'm a huge AC/DC fan and when I heard that Axl would be replacing Brian I wasn't too sure. I love gnr and Axl but I also knew how his voice was after Chinese Democracy and before the NITL tour. I had a feeling that he would do well with AC/DC, but I was wrong. He did an AMAZING job there. He really knew what Brian meant to the fans and he did not let the band, Brian or the fans down. He gained so much respect with me because of doing that. Especially if you look at his position back then. Brian was very loved and no one wanted to see him replaced and Axl was not a very loved man at that time. He knew he was going to get a lot of hate for replacing Brian, but he helped AC/DC out and did not let the fans down. Cheers Axl!

Yes! All of it...:thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Think you're talking about lowering the keys of certain songs, and while he should do that I can't see it happening until he's a bit older. I'm sure in his mind he's nailing it... and to be fair, he is usually pretty close to the mark on most songs (with the exclusion of opening nights of tours).

That makes me sad if he believes he is nailing every note! But yea i think there are some changes to be made in the near future that could help. Even when they slowed down November Rain in La Paz a couple years ago his vocals were noticeably better. 

On 1/24/2017 at 4:18 PM, Top-Hatted One said:

It is amazing and otherworldly that Axl has been able to accomplish

what he has all these years. He doesn't just stand their and sing. He's running around for 3+ hours. Think about that for a second. I've been signing all my life. I was lucky to have an amazing and inspiring vocal coach in my teens. A lot goes into singing. It's not the same as singing to a record. Being able to read music helps but not a necessity if you have a really good ear for pitch and notes. Then you have to exercise your diaphragm and vocal cords which are like any other muscle. You have to stretch them out. That's why you do vocal exercises. It's like stretching. You keep going higher and lower. Next thing you know you have incredible range. I'm willing to bet Axl is the amazing singer he is because he learned these things at a young age singing with the choir in church and school.

You learn that the correct way to sing is from the gut(diaphragm) which is how you sustain notes for a long time. Don't Cry, Estranged, SCOM etc. Everyone can try this, you take a deep breathe and you gut tightens while simultaneously lifting your soft pallet(roof of your mouth). This helped me, pretend you stuck a whole orange in your mouth. As you can see a lot more goes into singing than people realize . You need different parts of your body to working together to really  maximize the potential of your vocal chords. 

Also like the rest of the muscles in your body, it's use it or lose it. That's why Axl is at his worse after a long layoff and sometimes years of inactivity. When Axl has his vocal coach he is really good and doesn't miss a beat when he doesn't like in 2001-2002 he is almost unrecognizable. Being in shape physically also helps especially since he's running around the stage for 3hrs at 55.

Axl's talent is truly amazing if you really think about it. It defies logic 

loved reading your post.  unless you actually do it you have no ideA!

• Like 1

On 2017-01-24 at 1:18 AM, Top-Hatted One said:

It is amazing and otherworldly that Axl has been able to accomplish

what he has all these years. He doesn't just stand their and sing. He's running around for 3+ hours. Think about that for a second. I've been signing all my life. I was lucky to have an amazing and inspiring vocal coach in my teens. A lot goes into singing. It's not the same as singing to a record. Being able to read music helps but not a necessity if you have a really good ear for pitch and notes. Then you have to exercise your diaphragm and vocal cords which are like any other muscle. You have to stretch them out. That's why you do vocal exercises. It's like stretching. You keep going higher and lower. Next thing you know you have incredible range. I'm willing to bet Axl is the amazing singer he is because he learned these things at a young age singing with the choir in church and school.

You learn that the correct way to sing is from the gut(diaphragm) which is how you sustain notes for a long time. Don't Cry, Estranged, SCOM etc. Everyone can try this, you take a deep breathe and you gut tightens while simultaneously lifting your soft pallet(roof of your mouth). This helped me, pretend you stuck a whole orange in your mouth. As you can see a lot more goes into singing than people realize . You need different parts of your body to working together to really  maximize the potential of your vocal chords. 

Also like the rest of the muscles in your body, it's use it or lose it. That's why Axl is at his worse after a long layoff and sometimes years of inactivity. When Axl has his vocal coach he is really good and doesn't miss a beat when he doesn't like in 2001-2002 he is almost unrecognizable. Being in shape physically also helps especially since he's running around the stage for 3hrs at 55.

Finally a post worth reading.. :)

I'm willing to bet Axl used the cleaner voice instead of the rasp on the majority of CD knowing that he would have to match his performance live. Remember what he said about YCBM. He said after he wrote it he thought shit how am I gonna sing this?!

it was either his own decision or a doctoral advice 

On Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 7:31 AM, youngswedishvinyl said:

Just catched up with the show on Periscope.
Jesus some of you guys are negative just for the sake of being negative... The show was fine.

Guess what, Axl won't sound like he did in his heyday, that's just how it is. Get over it!

Exactly,all this bitching from Axl's voice to Frank's drumming is pointless and useless!

On 1/24/2017 at 0:18 AM, Top-Hatted One said:

It is amazing and otherworldly that Axl has been able to accomplish what he has throughout all these years. When he doesn't just stand there and sing. He's running around for 3hrs every show. Think about that for a second.

I've been signing all my life. I was lucky to have an amazing and inspiring vocal coach in my teens. A lot goes into singing. It's not the same as singing to a record. Being able to read music helps but not a necessity if you have a really good ear for pitch and notes. Then you have to exercise your diaphragm and vocal cords which are like any other muscle. You have to stretch them out. That's why you do vocal exercises. It's like stretching. You keep going higher and lower. Next thing you know you have incredible range. I'm willing to bet Axl is the amazing singer he is because he learned these things at a young age singing with the choir in church and school.

Look, you clearly have more experience than I do as a singer. I'm just learning. BUT Axl has been a professional singer for the larger part of his life, we can say he's fantastic all we want but... coming out at the start of each leg sounding weak is not something to defend. Yes, he sounds great when he works with his coach, BUT any other pro singer will tell you the same thing, when they are off the road for a while and know they'll be back out again soon, they maintain their vocals by doing daily warm ups and warm downs, they also tend to go running and do lots of cardio work to keep their breathing strong. This is what's the problem. Of course it's difficult to run and sing, but Axl isn't constantly running around, he is constantly moving though (bit of a difference). Lot's of times he's standing still and not sounding particularly good.

Having said all of that, I think Axl has been much more consistent throughout this NITL tour, I just wish he'd do a bit more to not blow chunks on the opening nights.

22 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Why do some of you continue to post past concerts to compare Axl's singing. He is going to sound different. The older a person gets, man or woman, your voice continues to change.

Just enjoy the damn concert and be glad Slash and Duff are back.

My thoughts exactly...thank you!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang: