GNR Takes Swings at Donald Trump (the foam kind)

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

People keep replying so I'm replying back.

To express your disapproval, right, we established that. Therefore you come off rather annoyed. But you say you're not. So here we are. Any plans for this evening?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, st0n3r said:

So you honestly believe that all those people are just idiots? Practically half of the people in Austria are all idiots? Their concerns should not be taken seriously? Wow. Just wow. You are the one living in a bubble, not them. I live in Brussels and see EVERY day what a nice addition muslims are to our society. And yes, I'm worried about their presence here and how they change nieghbourhoods completely and not in a good way. I'm worried about the fact that they beat up gay people in the street, spit at my girlfriend when she is wearing a dress in summer. I'm worried about the fact that my country allows Ritual slaughter, even though it goes against all ethics, just to please muslims. I'm worried about the fact they top all crime statistics. I could go on and on, but I will finish by saying that I'm worried that there are too many people like you who make all of this possible. 

I am aware of these problems, but you cant make a whole group or religion responsible for that. 

Just now, EvanG said:

To express your disapproval, right, we established that. Therefore you come off rather annoyed. But you say you're not. So here we are. Any plans for this evening?

How can I possibly be annoyed about a band who I already think are a bunch of wankers, and that I routinely take the piss out of?

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

How can I possibly be annoyed about a band who I already think are a bunch of wankers, and that I routinely take the piss out of?

More reason to be annoyed, I'd say. I get much more easily annoyed by someone that I already don't care for. 

Just now, EvanG said:

More reason to be annoyed, I'd say. I get much more easily annoyed by someone that I already don't care for. 

You are going to have to take my word for it that I am not annoyed. Embarrassed (on their behalf) perhaps, but not annoyed.

I don't think people voting for Trump or any of the right wing candidates in Europe are less intelligent (although most researches show that most of them are uneducated and whenever I see them in talkshows they don't look like the sharpest tools in the shed.)

But it's mostly an anti establishment vote. Same thing with Brexit... the government was telling people to vote against it, and people don't trust politicians anymore, so they did the opposite.

Same thing in America now... people who haven't seen any changes in the last eight years, a lot of them have been out of work for years and are still struggling, and therefore don't trust the establishment anymore which Clinton was part of. So they vote for someone who is clearly not a politician and says all the things they want to hear. I'm sure the majority knows he's a piece of shit who is talking out of his ass, but they have been so disappointed by the establishment that they rather vote for a piece of shit than for a real politician. 

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

I don't think people voting for Trump or any of the right wing candidates in Europe are less intelligent (although most researches show that most of them are uneducated and whenever I see them in talkshows they don't look like the sharpest tools in the shed.)

But it's mostly an anti establishment vote. Same thing with Brexit... the government was telling people to vote against it, and people don't trust politicians anymore, so they did the opposite.

Same thing in America now... people who haven't seen any chances in the last eight years, a lot of them have been out of work for years and are still struggling, and therefore don't trust the establishment anymore which Clinton was part of. So they vote for someone who is clearly not a politician and says all the things they want to hear. I'm sure the majority knows he's a piece of shit who is talking out of his ass, but they have been so disappointed by the establishment that they rather vote for a piece of shit than for a real politician. 

Yeah, I think you're right. To call all Trump or Brexit voters dumb, fascist, racist or whatever, is a particularly dumb thing to do, and shows you haven't understood what this is about at all. I kind of hoped the Trump election would wake up people, but I'm afraid it will have to go too far until most truly wake up. Right now, they stay in their comfort zone, within their own little circle of people who confirm their beliefs, and insult everyone who dares to challenge them, or tries to make them think out of the box.

(Besides, less intelligent or uneducated people are citizens too. I find it ironic some people will pretend to defend the common man, the labourer, the immigrant; but when they go out to vote, say: Yeah, you're too dumb to vote, I don't take you seriously either way.)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

and ontopic - this Axl/GNR/Del act was childish and stupid but will gain huge public attention since Trump is No1 news all over the world....

I agree with the first half of your post, but no one seems to care about it this morning so I'm curious what will happen.\

edit-
By "no one" I meant that I haven't heard a thing about it on any news outlet this morning. I'm surprised, but I haven't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bono said:

I'm no fan of Trump but that was absolutely fucking pathetic. Imagine the outrage had Trump supporters done this to a Hillary effigy or an Obama effigy. This shit is pathetic pandering to the lowest common denominator and mob mentality. People thinking this is awesome would be outraged if it was the other way around. We call those people fucking hypocrites. If you support this kind of shit I feel bad for you.  I respect Axl's right to have an opinion but make sure your skeletons and closet are clean before you go after a guy for similar things you've done and been accused of. And when you do go after him try to do it in a productive way rather than recreating some sort of   lynch style mob scene. Fucking horrid display. It's weak shit for weak minds. 

Again, Hillary is a corrupt money-launderer who was in favor of invading Iraq and Obama has deported close to 3 million and bombs children. Fuck all of these people, Trump included. They're all fair game. Lighten up. It's a joke. Just because you don't share their sense of humor doesn't make it "weak shit for weak minds".

Edited by nevergotochurch

14 minutes ago, nevergotochurch said:

Again, Hillary is a corrupt money-launderer who was in favor of invading Iraq and Obama has deported close to 3 million and bombs children. Fuck all of these people, Trump included. They're all fair game. Lighten up. It's a joke. Just because you don't share their sense of humor doesn't make it "weak shit for weak minds".

Listen up cool guy.  I'm not defending Hillary either. She's a scumbag as well. My point though is crystal clear and if you don't understand that.... well actually I know you don't understand that because you're of the opinion stuff like this is a simple joke. It's not SNL. Oh and just so we're clear before you come storming back assuming I'm offended by it and lacking a sense of humor,  I'm not and I don't. I just think it's pathetic. Like I said it's weak shit for weak minds. Small minded people think this crap is funny. 

3 minutes ago, Mascadcar said:

Absolutely pathetic.  He is the President elect of the United States, like it or not, you don't do this.  

I will no longer be buying tickets for Minneapolis, which I have waited a lifetime for.  Sickening.

Lol. I'm sure you'll still be scavenging the web for a periscope though. Who cares.

• Like 2

Let's try to keep our though in this thread on this particular stage antic. I just deleted nearly three pages of post about Muslims (Some of which were pretty disgusting on both sides of the argument), which have absolutely no place in this thread.

• Like 3